2022-2023 University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got the acceptance call on May 3rd and the following email said I needed to confirm I was accepting the offer by May 8th.
Thank you for that info!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
season 4 GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
We've been told that ADCOM will be out of office from 5/9 to 5/16, so folks might not hear back until the 17th.

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users
We've been told that ADCOM will be out of office from 5/9 to 5/16, so folks might not hear back until the 17th.
Alright thank you for that info. But can’t they send out a simple email for folks going crazy and crossing their fingers and toes just like me 😑

Alright thank you for that info. But can’t they send out a simple email for folks going crazy and crossing their fingers and toes just like me 😑
my toes and fingers are all sore from crossing them so much

for those with As (without waitlist), when do you have to commit? just trying to get a sense of when more waitlist movement might happen...

for those with As (without waitlist), when do you have to commit? just trying to get a sense of when more waitlist movement might happen...

I could be wrong, but for most schools I think the deadline to commit to enroll is around the beginning-middle of July :/

Edit: Just checked MSAR and for this upcoming cycle, Commit to Enroll deadline is July 5th. So I would assume that the deadline this year is similar.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Alrighty folks. Sweepin some of the dust off this forum in the hopes one of hears back today or tomorrow! Keep the hope alive. I know its not a perfect indicator but FB still only at 185 so 🤷‍♂️

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
Alrighty folks. Sweepin some of the dust off this forum in the hopes one of hears back today or tomorrow! Keep the hope alive. I know its not a perfect indicator but FB still only at 185 so 🤷‍♂️
+1. Sending all of us good thoughts, prayers and hope!

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Sending all of you who are still waiting good vibes. Have a feeling a few calls will go out tomorrow!!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
guess they must be thinking really hard about how they could admit all of us

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
Yeah I mean they wanted to expand their class to 220 anyways and we're all extremely qualified sooooooooo why not just do that this year lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
so nothing today? Praying for us all who are still waiting

Reactions: 2 users
195 compared to 185 two days ago…
Well …… that’s potential movement. Perhaps, some of us will get some good news. Praying for all who wait here that we are recipients thereof!!

Well …… that’s potential movement. Perhaps, some of us will get some good news. Praying for all who wait here that we are recipients thereof!!
Up to 196. This change is like my emotional roller coaster ☠️

Reactions: 3 users
Up to 196. This change is like my emotional roller coaster ☠️I
Don't wanna keep hoping for this. Perhaps many of you have an alternate spot. Definitely need to have a plan from this point on.

Can someone (or Gtitian) clarify why going from 185 to 196 is possibly good news?

Can someone (or Gtitian) clarify why going from 185 to 196 is possibly good news?
I think that’s because it implies that there is at least some movement which is better than no movement (potentially meaning they’ve completed filling the class). If there’s a movement, some people may drop and some of us will be able to take those spots!

I think that’s because it implies that there is at least some movement which is better than no movement (potentially meaning they’ve completed filling the class). If there’s a movement, some people may drop and some of us will be able to take those spots!
Yes, that was my thinking! :) Trying to look at everything with hope and optimism.

Oh so they don't fill all the spots before sending out the waitlist? I figured it was already filled

It might be more of a trickle now, but I'm sure a few of us will hear back soon. Keep the hope alive! As a side note, good luck to anyone retaking their MCAT soon.....and know that I feel your pain lol.

• Care
almost had a heart attack bc they had white coat ceremony for the class of 2026 yesterday lol

Reactions: 1 user
almost had a heart attack bc they had white coat ceremony for the class of 2026 yesterday lol

I was there lol my brother got his white coat yesterday! It was fun. was lowkey hoping they'd call me during the ceremony because that would've been funny but alas I doubt they do calls on Sundays.

does anyone have any insight if there's still any movement happening?

A couple current students I know said they were told that this incoming class size is going to be 230. Keeping hope alive!

Yeah it sounds like acceptances off the waitlist are really starting to trickle now as opposed to coming fast like they used to. I think there's still a good chance of a few of us getting off so I'm really keeping my fingers crossed!! We've got this. Just gotta keep manifesting folks. It really isn't over til the first day of class.

Yeah it sounds like acceptances off the waitlist are really starting to trickle now as opposed to coming fast like they used to. I think there's still a good chance of a few of us getting off so I'm really keeping my fingers crossed!! We've got this. Just gotta keep manifesting folks. It really isn't over til the first day of class.
Keeping the backpack packed until the night before the FDOC one final time...

does anyone know when the last day is to commit to unc if you've been accepted?

Will most likely see a little more movement around then. At least I hope so. Still holding out hope for myself and everyone else!

PS good luck to all the other June 16th MCAT takers who will be writing it with me!

Will most likely see a little more movement around then. At least I hope so. Still holding out hope for myself and everyone else!

PS good luck to all the other June 16th MCAT takers who will be writing it with me!
good luck y’all, it’s a monster of a test but i’m sure you all will crush it

Good luck!! Go into it with confidence that you're never going to have to take it again!!

FB 206... game over yet?

I would say if we haven't seen much movement after July 5th odds are super slim. But right now, people are still waiting to hear back from other waitlists, so I'm gonna keep some hope.

I saw someone say that the upcoming class is 230 but then someone said 205. does anyone know which it is?