2012-2013 Loma Linda University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you use Gmail, Loma Linda was the only secondary I received that was in my spam.

Members don't see this ad.

Same here, I just looked through my spam today and it was the only secondary I received in it. Thankfully, I checked my spam because Loma Linda is a dream school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh Wow! Thank you so much. I totally did find it in my spam bin. You rock!

So, I just got the complete email and it says the decision will be rendered via postal mail. They send out interview invites via snail mail? Weird...anyone get one yet?

So, I just got the complete email and it says the decision will be rendered via postal mail. They send out interview invites via snail mail? Weird...anyone get one yet?

For some reason I remember last year's thread having its first non sda ii going out in October. I'll check the date when I get back.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

For some reason I remember last year's thread having its first non sda ii going out in October. I'll check the date when I get back.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
:smack:Hah, I don't know why I forget to check last year's threads. Thanks. I'll go and look later tonight.

From last year's thread:

"The interview calendar is a tad different at Loma Linda. They start interviewing at SDA campuses first. When they are finished, SDA students will interview on LLU campus starting in late November (SDA invites go out starting in October) and non-SDA will interview in January. Rolling acceptance offers will not start until sometime in December."

The first posted non-SDA interview arrived in the mail on 11/05 last year.

Hope this helps!

From last year's thread:

"The interview calendar is a tad different at Loma Linda. They start interviewing at SDA campuses first. When they are finished, SDA students will interview on LLU campus starting in late November (SDA invites go out starting in October) and non-SDA will interview in January. Rolling acceptance offers will not start until sometime in December."

The first posted non-SDA interview arrived in the mail on 11/05 last year.

Hope this helps!
Thanks Goobs! I hadn't gone back and checked yet. I wonder if the non-SDA invites that went out were stat heavy or holistic... I'll probably sift through and look to see if there any MDApps on those getting the non-SDA invites. Thanks again for sharing and GL.

Ohh i knew that lol. Just havent seen it used in abbreviations. So i guess ill be waiting till Jan.

Wow this thread is going pretty slow right now :shrug: . Really excited to be applying here though. Definitely one of my top choices!

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow this thread is going pretty slow right now :shrug: . Really excited to be applying here though. Definitely one of my top choices!
Yup. It's even worse for those of us outside the SDA faith. We have to wait until January to hear anything! :`-(

Yup. It's even worse for those of us outside the SDA faith. We have to wait until January to hear anything! :`-(

Yea that makes sense :(. Waiting until January is rough..especially since this process is so stressful. I'm SDA so I hope to not have to wait that long (but my app was submitted late in the cycle so I'll need the cushion). I'm just happy that the school looks at more than just grades and scores.

Yea that makes sense :(. Waiting until January is rough..especially since this process is so stressful. I'm SDA so I hope to not have to wait that long (but my app was submitted late in the cycle so I'll need the cushion). I'm just happy that the school looks at more than just grades and scores.
Me, too. I loathe the schools that immediately throw out applications based on some arbitrary cut-off (*cough-cough* USC *cough-cough*).

Has anybody met the new Doctor that has replaced Dr. Nyradi? I believe her name is Dr. Roddy?

Hey guys I submitted my primaries back in August but just now decided to submit it to Loma Linda. Think I've got a chance for an II this late in the cycle? Submitted a couple days ago, haven't received secondary yet.

Hey guys I submitted my primaries back in August but just now decided to submit it to Loma Linda. Think I've got a chance for an II this late in the cycle? Submitted a couple days ago, haven't received secondary yet.

They won't even give out II until January for non-SDA.

When I submitted and paid my fee for application, I noticed my Student ID# being <AMCAD ID>-001.

Is this normal for everybody? I don't want my app to not get processed because the extra "-001" got added to my AMCAS ID...

When I submitted and paid my fee for application, I noticed my Student ID# being <AMCAD ID>-001.

Is this normal for everybody? I don't want my app to not get processed because the extra "-001" got added to my AMCAS ID...
I don't recall seeing anything like that on my App, but would advise you to email/call to ensure it's not a problem and to notify them of that oddity. It never hurts.

Last edited:
Just got an II via email! It says to call them to schedule. I thought I was supposed to get an invite via mail???? Also, I'm non-SDA but Christian sooo I guess we don't have to wait until January!

Just got an II via email! It says to call them to schedule. I thought I was supposed to get an invite via mail???? Also, I'm non-SDA but Christian sooo I guess we don't have to wait until January!

It's starting early! How exciting!

Congrats! When were you complete?

Whoah, no way! w00t w00t! GL everyone!

Grats!! What were your stats? IS or OOS?

I was complete fairly early in the season - late July, I believe. Good luck to all of you! =)

IS and 3.9+/mid 30s, but I wouldn't worry too much about stats. From my interview season, I've come to realize that there's a heck of a lot more to a school than just stats, especially with Loma Linda, which has a super duper awesome focus on the type of physician they hope to produce =)

Last edited:

Beeeyyyonnnddd jealous :lol: congrats!

I called today to schedule my interview and apparently they have three interview dates available. One in early December and the other two in mid January. So even though invites are going out, I don't think there's a huge rush for them. Good luck everyone =)

I called today to schedule my interview and apparently they have three interview dates available. One in early December and the other two in mid January. So even though invites are going out, I don't think there's a huge rush for them. Good luck everyone =)
*jumps up and down* Pick me! Pick me!

*jumps up and down* Pick me! Pick me!

Me too!!! I wanna go to Disneyland and this would give me the perfect reason to drive down to so cal haha two birds with one stone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To any non-SDA applicants who got II's, was one of your LORs from a clergymen? I didn't send one from mine and looking back I think that may not have been wise...

Me too!!! I wanna go to Disneyland and this would give me the perfect reason to drive down to so cal haha two birds with one stone!

LoL, it's not as fantastic as you'd think. *ducks beer bottles being thrown by those from Anaheim*

Now imagine Danny Trejo jumping up and down yelling, "Pick me! Pick me!"

LoL, it's not as fantastic as you'd think. *ducks beer bottles being thrown by those from Anaheim*

Now imagine Danny Trejo jumping up and down yelling, "Pick me! Pick me!"

Haha it's been a while since I've gone (from sf), but all my friends that did their undergrad in so cal have season passes and I'm jelly! Also I heard cars land is pretty legit!

To any non-SDA applicants who got II's, was one of your LORs from a clergymen? I didn't send one from mine and looking back I think that may not have been wise...

None of my letters of recommendation were from people from the church. I did fill out the section where it asked for my involvement with my church and added a reference in case they wished to contact that person to verify. Hope this helps! Just be patient, they'll get to you :)

Patience is for non-SDN'ers. I refuse to sleep until they contact me.

I lied. I slept....I definitely slept. A lot.

Peas, Loma Linda, show me some love...peas?

images

Seventh Day Adventist, this school is a private religious institution that gives priority to those with the same faith before considering those outside the faith.

Actually, Loma Linda doesn't accept you at all based on faith. SDA's do get preferences as far as interview opportunities, but when it comes to actually accepting students, your specific denomination doesn't give you an advantage. It might seem that way since they go by rolling admissions, and because SDA's are interviewed first, they are accepted more around the beginning. But I have seen a lot of SDA's from my undergad get looked over for better qualified candidates later down the road. So yes, it does give you an advantage to be an SDA, but it is for sure not an easy ticket in.

I'm an MS2 here at LLU, I try to pop in every once in awhile to answer some questions, so feel free to ask, but if I don't get back to you really quick, don't take it personally, MS2 is just REALLY busy haha. :) Good luck with applications!!!!!

Actually, Loma Linda doesn't accept you at all based on faith. SDA's do get preferences as far as interview opportunities, but when it comes to actually accepting students, your specific denomination doesn't give you an advantage. It might seem that way since they go by rolling admissions, and because SDA's are interviewed first, they are accepted more around the beginning. But I have seen a lot of SDA's from my undergad get looked over for better qualified candidates later down the road. So yes, it does give you an advantage to be an SDA, but it is for sure not an easy ticket in.

I'm an MS2 here at LLU, I try to pop in every once in awhile to answer some questions, so feel free to ask, but if I don't get back to you really quick, don't take it personally, MS2 is just REALLY busy haha. :) Good luck with applications!!!!!
Wow, that's good news! I stand corrected. Thanks for sharing. I'm really, really hoping for an interview here.

Finally complete! Geesh that took a while...let the waiting begin :-o

Just in case you are wondering what LLUSM students do in their spare time...

Here's a first year at LLU who just was on Who Want's to Be a Millionaire...
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YjJgSWQkd4[/YOUTUBE]

And here's a second year who just won tons of loot on The Price Is Right...
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFF8rGF2TJM[/YOUTUBE]

Status
Not open for further replies.