2012-2013 Northeast Ohio Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gettheleadout

MD
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Space reserved for prompt.

Please PM the essays or lack thereof to me when the secondary is available and I will update this.

Good luck to everyone applying! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Secondary link received via email but it doesn't seem to be the right link. Anyone else?

Secondary link received via email but it doesn't seem to be the right link. Anyone else?

Same. I received the invite and it says the supplemental application deadline has passed.

Why can't these schools check links and the application for bugs before playing guinea pig on us? haha

Edit: It sees to be fixed now.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah the link is there now.
I'm having issues getting my essay in there though. I'm using Internet Explorer as requested and pasting from Notepad.
*frustration*

Yep. I paste the essay and then click submit... but then I go to a "Not found. The requested...."

Maybe I will try again in a half hour. I already emailed them about it too.

I'm getting a 404 Not Found error after I try to submit my essay. Same thing happens when I try to submit my payment. NEOMED FAIL. Oh wait, like 50 other secondaries had similar issues. MED SCHOOL FAIL.

For people wanting the secondary essay prompt:

The College of Medicine utilizes a holistic approach in evaluating and selecting students for medical school admission. What will you contribute to the diversity of the medical school environment and to medicine itself?
Note: 3950 character limit.

Has anyone tried to call admissions and ask?

Has anyone tried to call admissions and ask?
Here is the response I got:
"Thank you for letting us know. We are aware of the issue and we are having it fixed. I apologize for the inconvenience. Please try to submit your application again later this evening."

Here is the response I got:
"Thank you for letting us know. We are aware of the issue and we are having it fixed. I apologize for the inconvenience. Please try to submit your application again later this evening."

Okay, thanks!

I was beginning to wonder if anyone was applying here. Was thinking they were beginning to not take traditional applicants. Haha

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone had any trouble trying to get more than 1 of your parents' addresses to update and save?

My permanent address is in Ohio, but I go to school in Pennsylvania. I file income tax returns for both states. Does anyone know if I have to include my PA address in the secondary? Should I just list Ohio for the tax return? I can't get a hold of anyone in admissions...

Have you tried emailing them?
My bet is that you should add the PA address if it is relevant to that time fram they are asking for.

I'm also struggling with the permanent address thing. I will call the admission's staff and see what's up.

If we have lived in Ohio during the time period we do not have to answer the last questions about state income taxes right?

Has anyone have problem in logging into the NEOMED secondary page? The secondary website keeps telling me that my online secondary application is complete, but that was the first time I was opening it...

I don't get it...I guess I'll have to call the office in a little bit...

OOS friendly? Mom's side of family is in a nearby city however.

I was complete August 20 but haven't heard anything since then. I think the email said they start interviews in October...has anyone interviewed here yet? anyone accepted?

Any updates about where you are in the process would be appreciated....

This thread is so dead hahahaha

Just got II!

Congratulations!~ When did you submit?
Still waiting here (not super surprised though), submitted mid/late September.
Just can't wait until this while damned process is done. I like all the schools I applied to (or why drop the money); I can only hope they like me too.

Congratulations!~ When did you submit?
Still waiting here (not super surprised though), submitted mid/late September.
Just can't wait until this while damned process is done. I like all the schools I applied to (or why drop the money); I can only hope they like me too.
I also got an II on October 30th! for 11/19. Submitted secondary in late august. 31R, 3.73GPA

so basically us normies would be taken class with the youngins?

so basically us normies would be taken class with the youngins?
The BS/MD program is 8 years I believe. I honestly don't know a whole lot about it and I didn't even apply, but I'm from Ohio so I've heard some stuff word of mouth.

I would assume they would do 4 years undergrad then the 4 years med school, so by the time they finish undergrad, the are ~22. The BS/MD program just guarantees entry to the medical school upon the completion of undergrad (assuming you meet certain GPA requirements).

Any more II recently? Still waiting to hear something ....

Complete 8/20, II 11/6, I 11/19

The BS/MD program is 8 years I believe. I honestly don't know a whole lot about it and I didn't even apply, but I'm from Ohio so I've heard some stuff word of mouth.

I would assume they would do 4 years undergrad then the 4 years med school, so by the time they finish undergrad, the are ~22. The BS/MD program just guarantees entry to the medical school upon the completion of undergrad (assuming you meet certain GPA requirements).

The program is 6 years. 2 years undergrad and 4 years of med school. They start med school when they're 20.

Hi to anyone who was in the 10am group yesterday, hope your interviews went well.

I was a bit thrown because they changed the interview format from the 45min/2 interviewer tag team that I had read about to 2 X 20min with 1 person at a time. I don't know if they did it from the early decision as well but they said it was because the 2 interviewers were agreeing with each other too much and therefore the committee wasn't getting the 2 distinct impressions they wanted. I thought 30min interviews flew by, the 20min was really short and we had to keep moving from topic to topic so I didn't get to give as in-depth of an answer as I wanted for some questions. None of the questions were particularly hard or stressful, I did get one situational/conflict/ethics type question.

Do they have a status page? Not sure if I missed it or if there just isn't one....Just submitted my secondary on 11/18.

oops, nevermind

Last edited:
Oh, no. 2x20min with 1 person interview format seems really short. I have an interview today, lol. Hopefully it won't be too bad and that I don't get any ethics/situational questions.

Good luck today Sakura17! Don't stress out, it's really not that bad, everyone, including the interviewers are super nice.

(I got waitlisted last week)

Good luck today Sakura17! Don't stress out, it's really not that bad, everyone, including the interviewers are super nice.

(I got waitlisted last week)

Thanks! The interview was super relaxed and I love the school. I hope I hear something from them soon... I really wanted to go to this school!

When did you interview and when did you hear back from them? I was just wondering on the turn around time, lol. And even though you're on the waiting list, do you know your position? Because I heard a lot of ppl get accepted off the waiting list. :)

Anyone know if they are still handing out II? I havent heard anything from them in awhile and this thread is dead!

Yeah, I've heard nothing from this school! Did anyone send an update letter?

Anyone know if they are still handing out II? I havent heard anything from them in awhile and this thread is dead!
II today (1/14) and I signed up for the first available which was 1/31. The last possible day to interview was listed as 2/5.

29, IS, 3.8

When were you complete?? Are there any stats for direct admit applicants I can't find them anywhere!

and has anyone heard any email updates that you are still being considered?

Only 20% of the class is not BS/MD?

I'm a 4th year student at NEOMED... my class is actually about 50-50 between "Direct Entries" and BS/MD students (Direct Entries are those of us that did the traditional 4 years of undergrad before applying). I'm not sure what the exact reason for that was, but typically they do lean more towards BS/MD. It varies from year to year. I'm not sure what the ratio is for the three classes below me.

For those who haven't heard anything yet, I wouldn't worry. I think I interviewed at the end of January and didn't hear back until the middle of March.

Do you know if there are limited number of out of state applicants they will accept or do they pretty much just accept in state?

Do you know if there are limited number of out of state applicants they will accept or do they pretty much just accept in state?

I'm not sure that they intentionally limit the number of out of state applicants they accept. It's probably just numbers. I think they get a relatively low number of out of state applicants. And just like residencies seem to do, they probably limit their interviews to students they think would actually come here, which tends to be in-state applicants.

Got an interview today for Jan 28th! Still not too late I guess. :)

I believe I was complete around October.

Looking to get a group together consisting of people also in the 1/31 interview group to go out to eat tonight in or near Rootstown, if you guys are interested PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.