2012-2013 Rosalind Franklin University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
excuse my ignorance but, what does it mean to be "small pooled"?

also, just got an email saying I've entered primary screening.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah it's good, or it seems like it in last year's thread. I submitted last Friday, hopefully I get a complete email today!

excuse my ignorance but, what does it mean to be "small pooled"?

also, just got an email saying I've entered primary screening.
yup, same type of thing will happen at MCW. alot of people will never get out of the pools, they get pruney really fast. but this early your chances are good

i want the screening.. and the pooling... man... stupid august mcat :rolleyes:

Yeah it's good, or it seems like it in last year's thread. I submitted last Friday, hopefully I get a complete email today!

I submitted on 7/10 and just got the complete email today - just a heads up it may take a while longer. Now awaiting to enter the screening process... :eek:

I got the complete email today. That doesn't mean I passed any screening or anything right? How do you know if you've been "small pooled"?

ull be sent another emailing saying u've passed primary screening

I have entered primary screening via email, but have not passed primary screening. Did you mean enter or have people already passed primary screening and once you "pass" you are "small pooled"?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have entered primary screening via email, but have not passed primary screening. Did you mean enter or have people already passed primary screening and once you "pass" you are "small pooled"?

Thank you for asking this, I was wondering the same thing, I'm confused.

Submitted earlier today. downloaded my application (from the complete email you receive immediately after submitting), and my initials aren't there even though I put them in the appropriate fields on my application. is this normal? or should I contact the school?

I noticed the same thing and emailed admissions with the completed pdf attached and asked whether I needed to resubmit. They got back to me a couple days later saying that the secondary they had on file for me had my initials and all the info they needed - they said I did not need to resubmit anything. You can check with them, but I assume they probably have all the info for you as well... Good luck!

Has anyone submitted and not gotten a complete email yet? I submitted on 07/13, haven't heard a thing yet.

I submitted 7/18. Still waiting for the complete email.

Has anyone submitted and not gotten a complete email yet? I submitted on 07/13, haven't heard a thing yet.
I submitted the 12th and still haven't heard, but I noticed that some people that submitted around the 10th are just getting their complete emails, so I'm sure we're up next!

I'm sure you guys will all be complete very soon, maybe its because the volume of apps has increased, its just taking them a little longer.

For me it was:

Received Secondary: 6/29
Submitted Secondary : 7/4
Marked Complete: 7/6
Entered Screening: 7/6
"Small-pooled": 7/16

Entered screening today!
Sent in secondary 7/9
Complete 7/20

I'm sure you guys will all be complete very soon, maybe its because the volume of apps has increased, its just taking them a little longer.

For me it was:

Received Secondary: 6/29
Submitted Secondary : 7/4
Marked Complete: 7/6
Entered Screening: 7/6
"Small-pooled": 7/16

The volume must have increased significantly, very quickly. For me the timeline has been:

Received secondary: 7/2
Submitted secondary: 7/6
Complete: 7/20
Entered Screen: 7/24

Oh well. Time to forget about this one for a couple weeks... or months.

application received: 7/2
application submitted: 7/3
application complete: 7/6
entered screening: 7/6
small pooled: 7/25

So I submitted right away on 7/2, got the "received supp" email, and I've never gotten anything from them since about primary screens or passing the primary screens. I'm weirdly confused, because my numbers should get me through screens - 3.9 cGPA and a 41. any thoughts?

Curious for advice - I entered screening on 7/24. I'm looking to book flights from the west coast to chicago for another interview at end of August. Do you think it is appropriate if I sent an "in the area" email? I have never done this before and don't want to come off as pushy... Thoughts?

Curious for advice - I entered screening on 7/24. I'm looking to book flights from the west coast to chicago for another interview at end of August. Do you think it is appropriate if I sent an "in the area" email? I have never done this before and don't want to come off as pushy... Thoughts?
just my opinion but I think it would be a waste of time. i highly doubt they are going to have interviews that soon since they haven't sent any invites out yet, (at least according to SDN), i'm thinking their interview season probably will start in early September.

So I submitted right away on 7/2, got the "received supp" email, and I've never gotten anything from them since about primary screens or passing the primary screens. I'm weirdly confused, because my numbers should get me through screens - 3.9 cGPA and a 41. any thoughts?
be patient. theyre moving slowly.

this is just a hypothesis, and could be totally wrong.. but this school has some pretty low averages compared to others (i think avg mcat is around 29 or 30?), so it could be that they saw your numbers and think that you're using it as a "safety." not that they're going to reject you, but you might be low priority compared to someone who's closer to their typical "average." again,this is just a random guess..

Last edited:
just my opinion but I think it would be a waste of time. i highly doubt they are going to have interviews that soon since they haven't sent any invites out yet, (at least according to SDN), i'm thinking their interview season probably will start in early September.

Makes sense. Thanks for your input, I appreciate it.

I called today they said interview invites should be coming mid-AUG

Don't worry if you are not small pooled right away. Last year it took a month to be small pooled.

Well, I guess this is proof that they prefer GPA to MCAT. 3.2/33 and not small pooled :(

Higher MCAT same GPA but same deal... no small pool. Completed secondary on the first day

Higher MCAT same GPA but same deal... no small pool. Completed secondary on the first day

Ditto. I was small-pooled last year, and taking a look at last year's thread, the small pool is actually quite large, and most people in it didn't end up getting interview invites. Call me a wishful thinker, but here's to hoping not having heard back may mean we're being considered for II's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rejected? :(

Nope. Still sitting on the "entered primary screening" email.

Same here. Maybe they're doing it from highest GPA to lowest :)

Ditto. I was small-pooled last year, and taking a look at last year's thread, the small pool is actually quite large, and most people in it didn't end up getting interview invites. Call me a wishful thinker, but here's to hoping not having heard back may mean we're being considered for II's.

+1. I love optimism! I don't have any so I need to get it from SDN (now that's wishful thinking).

Status
Not open for further replies.