2012-2013 UMDNJ - NJMS Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IM IN!!!!! Accepted through early decision. My interview was on 7/18. I Just got the call about an hour ago, mad happy lol. Goodluck to everyone still going through the process!

Members don't see this ad.

IM IN!!!!! Accepted through early decision. My interview was on 7/18. I Just got the call about an hour ago, mad happy lol. Goodluck to everyone still going through the process!

congrats!!

on another note, i managed to fill out my certiphi stuff today. anybody else do it already?

Members don't see this ad :)
That's weird. I haven't even gotten an email about it yet.

i got like a reminder email to do it - i dont think it was a new email, just something automated and the code worked so i just filled all the stuff out

i got like a reminder email to do it - i dont think it was a new email, just something automated and the code worked so i just filled all the stuff out
Oh. Well, my check was just cashed yesterday some time, so I guess I'll see some sort of update soon. Out of curiosity, did you receive any sort of confirmation after paying your deposit?

Oh. Well, my check was just cashed yesterday some time, so I guess I'll see some sort of update soon. Out of curiosity, did you receive any sort of confirmation after paying your deposit?

No I didn't get any confirmation. I didn't even check to see if it was cashed. I was gonna email them to make sure they got everything.

For those interested, regular decision application reviews began this past Friday (8/10). EDP reviews/interviews are ongoing. Good luck to everyone!

Last edited:
I just got the call! I'm in! Interviewed 07/20 and I got the call a few minutes ago today 08/15. Good luck to everyone else!

EDIT: Oh and here are my stats if anyone is wondering.

MCAT: 32R (14 BS, 8 VR, 10 PS)
GPA: 3.506
Science GPA: 3.287
About two years of research (with one paper published).
Shadowed a family doctor for 2 months.
About 110 hours of volunteering in the ER.

Oh and I've been a graduate student at the GSBS campus in Newark since August 2011.

Last edited:
For those interested, regular decision interviews began this past Friday (8/10). EDP interviews are ongoing. Good luck to everyone!

Regular decision interviews or interview invites? Hard to believe they are already interviewing and no one on sdn has reported getting a regular decision invite yet.

still haven't gotten a completion email. has anyone else?

NJMS doesnt send completion emails. At least last year they didnt. I would assume the trend will continue.

Regular decision interviews or interview invites? Hard to believe they are already interviewing and no one on sdn has reported getting a regular decision invite yet.
whoops, I meant to write REVIEWS as in application reviews - not interviews. I'll edit my original post, and I heard this straight from a member of the adcom. I applied EDP and already interviewed but thought I'd share in case any regular decision applicants were wondering. Hopefully everyone will begin to hear back soon.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
whoops, I meant to write REVIEWS as in application reviews - not interviews. I'll edit my original post, and I heard this straight from a member of the adcom. I applied EDP and already interviewed but thought I'd share in case any regular decision applicants were wondering. Hopefully everyone will begin to hear back soon.

Hahaha well thats a lot better!! Any idea when interview invites will start rolling out. Im actually surprised they havent yet since last year njms was interviewing for regular decision by late august. Wonder if they are pushing it back this year.

Hahaha well thats a lot better!! Any idea when interview invites will start rolling out. Im actually surprised they havent yet since last year njms was interviewing for regular decision by late august. Wonder if they are pushing it back this year.
Yeah I have no clue sorry, I'm sure it varies year to year. If they began reviewing regular applicants I guess people should start hearing back in the coming weeks. Good luck!

I got the call today from Dean Heinrich!! Too excited. :)

MCAT: 33 (10 BS, 11 VR, 12 PS)
GPA: 3.7
Science GPA: 3.6

Submitted: 07/25 EDP
Interview: 08/07
Accepted: 08/15

Good luck to all those still in the process.

I got the call today from Dean Heinrich!! Too excited. :)

MCAT: 33 (10 BS, 11 VR, 12 PS)
GPA: 3.7
Science GPA: 3.6

Submitted: 07/25 EDP
Interview: 08/07
Accepted: 08/15

Good luck to all those still in the process.

Congrats! Maybe we should all start that facebook group soon lol.

I would love to join the FB group. I would rather not be in charge of starting it though lol

Ha yea someone start the fb group please. It's kinda early though, I suppose.

Ha yea someone start the fb group please. It's kinda early though, I suppose.

I agree, someone needs to start it!!

On another note I got a letter in the mail from NJMS stating they received my deposit and i have my seat reserved :soexcited::soexcited:

Just got an interview.
in state !!!!
Thanks be to God

Thanks a lot !!!!!! Complete 07/13

Hey,
do they notify you when you're complete ? i submitted my secondary on 08/17 and I haven't gotten any emails. my lor's are uploaded onto amcas and primary was verified.

Hey,
do they notify you when you're complete ? i submitted my secondary on 08/17 and I haven't gotten any emails. my lor's are uploaded onto amcas and primary was verified.

Nope you have to call them and ask them if you're complete.

Hey,

No email, you can call them. I didn't which in hindsight affected me at another school. I would def call to make sure.

Did you guys get that email? I nearly lost my ****, thinking it was a rejection but it was just a pdf explaining the merge of all the universities? Or something? Whatever, I'm OOS so I've no idea what that was about

Did you guys get that email? I nearly lost my ****, thinking it was a rejection but it was just a pdf explaining the merge of all the universities? Or something? Whatever, I'm OOS so I've no idea what that was about

Yes and no on explaining the merger. The email's purpose was to let us know that, as a result, of the merger all of soon-to-be former UMDNJ schools (incl. NJMS) would have to be reaccredited with their new name and structure.

Yes and no on explaining the merger. The email's purpose was to let us know that, as a result, of the merger all of soon-to-be former UMDNJ schools (incl. NJMS) would have to be reaccredited with their new name and structure.
Too much politics involved with the merger. I will be curious to see how tuition for UMDNJ and Rutgers is affected by this bill. Not a fan of it, but because this school is so close to Rutgers Newark, maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to continue the research I was doing and get some $$$$$$ out of it. YEA BABY.

Oh wow I didn't know that the school would lose accreditation and have to go through the process again. How likely/unlikely is it that the school will be reaccredited? I know a few friends that are going to SOM who were concerned about the school losing accreditation.

Oh wow I didn't know that the school would lose accreditation and have to go through the process again. How likely/unlikely is it that the school will be reaccredited? I know a few friends that are going to SOM who were concerned about the school losing accreditation.

The school is changing its affiliation and most likely name also. So, yes, it has to be reaccredited in whatever shape or form it will operate as of 7-1-2013. Everyone at UMDNJ seems confident that the accreditation would not be an issue as they have begun working on it while the merger was still hush-hush. I'll believe it when I see it. Hopefully, SOM will be able to get reaccreditation under Rowan. I am attending their informational session on Sep. 29 and would be curious to hear what they have to say about that.

Too much politics involved with the merger. I will be curious to see how tuition for UMDNJ and Rutgers is affected by this bill. Not a fan of it, but because this school is so close to Rutgers Newark, maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to continue the research I was doing and get some $$$$$$ out of it. YEA BABY.

This merger is all about politics. The schools were fine the way they were. The merger will cost a lot of money and I hope they don't pass the cost down to the students. Our in-state tuition is already too high.

interview invite today for regular md program. submitted 8/3

This merger is all about politics. The schools were fine the way they were. The merger will cost a lot of money and I hope they don't pass the cost down to the students. Our in-state tuition is already too high.
Well, since UMDNJ and University Hospital will now be two entirely separate entities, the funding UMDNJ received, which used to be divided amongst the schools and the hospital will no longer occur, meaning that NJMS, along with the other schools, will have some more money. Will we see a decrease in tuition? Let me ask you this, will I be immortal tomorrow?

I was accepted tonight as well :) around 8:30pm

Good luck to everyone still in the running!

Congrats dude!

Thanks you too and & to everyone else who go in so far! Dean Heinrich mentioned we're the only people in the nation to hear back this cycle so far.. NJMS was the first school this year to send out acceptances. pretty cool :highfive:

Status
Not open for further replies.