2012-2013 University of California - Davis Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre interview rejection. Complete 8/28

Members don't see this ad.

anyone got rejected from the pre-interview waitlist?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just received a rejection from the interview hold list. :(
You're missing out Davis! I'm awesome!!

Good luck to everyone else.

What I think the deal is with us interview wait listers is if a person pulls out of the interview they will call one of us and see if you're still interested. When I got the call I was like....uhhhhhh YESSSSSS! You crazy?:D

Haha congrats! I really enjoyed visiting Davis. If you can, I'd recommend staying with a host. Good luck :luck:

What I think the deal is with us interview wait listers is if a person pulls out of the interview they will call one of us and see if you're still interested. When I got the call I was like....uhhhhhh YESSSSSS! You crazy?:D

WHAT?! seriously? lol that's awesome. congratulations!!! now I will definitely keep my phone on me all day at work juuuust in case :)

Congrats! anyone else from the pre interview waitlist got a call ? I hope they leave a message if they call when i dont have signal!!!

So...any news for those on the pre-interview hold? Lately I have been rather unhealthily conversing with and clutching my cell phone, hoping to squeeze an Admissions call out of it. So far, this strategy has failed me.

Members don't see this ad :)
I called admissions on Tuesday and as of that time there were about 60 names on the interview wait list. From the sound of it, interviews will not continue into March.

preinterview waitlist rejection just now :(

Just heard back via email today (II submitted 10/2012, interviewed 1/2013). Waitlisted! From reading the past SDN comments, it seems like UC Davis does not accept letters of interests or updates unless they ask of them from you. However, it just doesn't feel right to me to simply sit back and wait, especially since Davis is my number one choice. I've thought about just emailing or sending a letter anyways. Would that do anything to help.

Is there anything we can do improve our chances of getting off the waitlist or getting our application noticed or rereviewed? Any suggestions would greatly appreciated!!!!

Also, does anyone know if they rank their waitlist in May?

I don't know if they rank their waitlist. But if you are unwilling to go out without a fight, you have nothing to lose by calling and expressing your sincere interest and asking what if anything there is for you do (letter etc.). good luck!!

Good news: Just got pulled off the interview waitlist. iuwae;ojf;lksaj. :D :D :D

Bad news: It is the very last day they are offering interviews. There might only be a handful of interview invites left to go around. GLUE YOUR PHONE TO YOUR HIP.

Got the waitlist e-mail today. OOS interviewed 1/26. Keeping my fingers crossed for some waitlist movement!

Because Davis can have quick turn-arounds for their decisions, it could simply be a case less of your performance at the interview and more a factor of receiving an interview late in the cycle when most of the class is already filled so the competition to fill the remaining seats is far greater.

Yes. I interviewed too late January and was rejected just last week. I e-mailed them asking for reasons so I can improve in the future but they have no responded yet! I guess I'll wait and see what they say.

So I was placed on the interview waitlist in november and then got rejected :( ...do you guys know if the school accepts letter of appeals or is it just too late in the game?

So I was placed on the interview waitlist in november and then got rejected :( ...do you guys know if the school accepts letter of appeals or is it just too late in the game?

I'm afraid it is too late. I interviewed today and they said that today was the final day they were holding interviews.

Did they send you an email rejection or did you find out after calling the admissions?

Did anyone who interview in mid feb hear back yet? How often do they release post-interview decisions?

Did anyone who interview in mid feb hear back yet? How often do they release post-interview decisions?

I interview on the last date- Feb 22 and they told us 2-3 weeks. From past posts it seems Davis responds relatively quick. So hopefully we both hear back soon. Good luck!

Looking back at last years thread it seems a lot of people heard back just two weeks after interviewing in the spring. Interviews on Friday, a lot of people heard back next next thursday....which is today for the most recent interview group. asdjflkklj;l

Looking back at last years thread it seems a lot of people heard back just two weeks after interviewing in the spring. Interviews on Friday, a lot of people heard back next next thursday....which is today for the most recent interview group. asdjflkklj;l

!! I hope you're right and keeping my fingers crossed for good news!

No news today for me. Any mid-late feb interviewees hear back yet?

Accepted!!!! First acceptance and it couldn't be sweeter. Best of luck to everyone!! :) :)

First acceptance was here. Did an internship here and was first exposure to medical school. Really liked everything about it, but Sacramento just isn't the place for my wife and me right now.

Just withdrew. Good luck and congratulations to the rest of you. I'll see you on the other side in 2017!

Just got the call from Dr. Sousa. I cried like a baby when I was told I was in. I was waitlisted back in November and thought I'd wait until April at least to hear back. But was lucky enough to get the call today. Could not be happier. :love:

Just got the call from Dr. Sousa. I cried like a baby when I was told I was in. I was waitlisted back in November and thought I'd wait until April at least to hear back. But was lucky enough to get the call today. Could not be happier. :love:

Congrats ! :)

So since they've finished interviewing candidates, does this mean they're going to continue going down the wait-list as spots open up?

So since they've finished interviewing candidates, does this mean they're going to continue going down the wait-list as spots open up?

I think so. I was waitlisted and expected to wait until at least April, if not May, to hear back. As people decide to not accept offers, I think more of us on the list will be offered a seat. Good luck!

Anybody hear word back about revisit weekend? Some of my accepted friends got the invite and some haven't.... I'm in the latter group. Wonder why there is a discrepancy.

Anybody hear word back about revisit weekend? Some of my accepted friends got the invite and some haven't.... I'm in the latter group. Wonder why there is a discrepancy.

I haven't heard anything either.

I got an invite to revisit yesterday as well

Just withdrew from the UC Davis waitlist. Hope it helps with the waitlist movement! Good luck erryone.

Just withdrew. Best of luck to those on the waitlist!

So who else thought that the chap stick we got on interview day was like.. the best chap stick they ever used?

I just withdrew... and in my formal withdrawal letter asked for any more sticks if admissions had them to spare.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.