2012-2013 University of California - Davis Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone heard from the financial aid office with numbers other than the estimate? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
In preparation for the new cycle, I was wondering if someone can offer me some advice in regards to the final secondary question.

The prompt states, "At UC Davis School of Medicine we realize that each applicant brings diversity and perspective from a broad range of experiences. In this section we give you the opportunity to describe in detail the 3 extracurricular activities or experiences that have been most influential in leading you to a career in medicine. "

Now if we were able to come up with two experiences, would that be sufficient? or do we need a 3rd experience as well?

any advice?

I personally used that section to elaborate even more on my three most meaningful activities, beyond the "Experience Description" + "Most Meaningful Experience Remarks" space we had on the primary. There are a number of ways to go about that though since they don't specify on the secondary. My personal recommendation is to make use of that third experience to showcase yourself if possible...but only if you have something substantive to say! Good luck!!

I'd strongly advise you to use that third experience as well, and I'm pretty sure virtually every applicant does.

I used that space to engage in deeper reflection of my activities and discuss the specific lessons I learned (on top of whatever I mentioned in the primary, as Spikedsoymilk said). I was also a bit more personal here.

thank you both for the responses

Same here via email.

Yeah, so was everyone who was previously accepted (received an e-mail shortly after saying that there had been a glitch in the system). Looks like there might have been some erroneous rejections sent out...

Yeah, so was everyone who was previously accepted (received an e-mail shortly after saying that there had been a glitch in the system). Looks like there might have been some erroneous rejections sent out...

WOAH! lol. I've given up, but now I'm curious: how "shortly" was this "shortly after"?

Status
Not open for further replies.