2012-2013 University of California - San Francisco Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was verified in June, so it was the 'AMCAS Received' email from UCSF. Sorry for the confusion

Thanks for the info and no need to apologize! I was just trying to gauge my own chances because I received the e-mail last week and was wondering if I was still in the running for the secondary or not!

Quick reply by the way! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks for the info and no need to apologize! I was just trying to gauge my own chances because I received the e-mail last week and was wondering if I was still in the running for the secondary or not!

Quick reply by the way! Thanks!

You definitely are! Good luck! :luck:

And my replies are fast because I'm too excited by my secondary to do anything, so now I'm just wandering around on SDN....

Secondary received today! 32S, 4.0 GPA, and incredibly excited. Does anyone have more information on the PRIME program? I'm thinking of applying to it, but not necessarily sure if it's the right fit for me. Thanks!

Edit: Out of state and secondary received email July 20.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Still no secondary! :(

I got the AMCAS received email on 7/10 as well...I'm OOS.

Have any reapplicants received the secondary yet?

No not get. My AMCAS was received 7/17 though so I'm still waiting. UCSF is the last UC I'm waiting on!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using SDN Mobile

Have any reapplicants received the secondary yet?

I am a re-applicant and haven't gotten one. I did receive one last time though, and have improved my MCAT score since then so.... :scared:

I received the verified AMCAS email on the 18th. Should I be worried about getting a secondary?

I've been waiting since 7/17. mirimonster on this thread by my count had 17 days between AMCAS received and secondary granted. Also, in 2010 I waited nearly 2 month and was granted a secondary in late September.

..I'm personally a little worried but I'm only on day 15 :D

i'm holding onto hope! :) cmon UCSF! show us the love! give our applications a chance!

I've been waiting since 7/17. mirimonster on this thread by my count had 17 days between AMCAS received and secondary granted. Also, in 2010 I waited nearly 2 month and was granted a secondary in late September.

..I'm personally a little worried but I'm only on day 15 :D

i'm holding onto hope! :) cmon UCSF! show us the love! give our applications a chance!
+1 All you need is love...and a UCSF secondary

Got my confirmation email July 11th, still no secondary :(

OOS though, any other OOSers out there that got one already?

Such a wonderful school!

Members don't see this ad :)

Such a wonderful school!
I received both my confirmation email and secondary invite on July 12, and I'm OOS. Don't let it freak you out, though. It seems like this process is pretty random at a lot of schools so far.

I received both my confirmation email and secondary invite on July 12, and I'm OOS. Don't let it freak you out, though. It seems like this process is pretty random at a lot of schools so far.

Thanks for the boost haha! Just a great school, would love to even interview there just to visit campus again!

Anybody else get a secondary recently. I was sent the AMCAS received email 7/18.

Give me a chance UCSF. Pretty please!

Anybody else get a secondary recently. I was sent the AMCAS received email 7/18.

Nope. I'm still waiting too!! 7/17 AMCAS received. I guess they're taking their sweet time :)

I received a secondary this morning. OOS, 34M, cGPA 3.85, sGPA 3.75, confirmation email received on 7/27.

Such a wonderful school!

I was complete 7/10 and i still havent received anything. We're from the same area...I'm guessing we're in the "slow" pile?

I was complete 7/10 and i still havent received anything. We're from the same area...I'm guessing we're in the "slow" pile?

Or you got screened out. They don't send secondaries to everyone. Not trying to be mean, as I haven't received a secondary either, but this is UCSF and I don't expect anything with MCAT <36 and OOS.

Or you got screened out. They don't send secondaries to everyone. Not trying to be mean, as I haven't received a secondary either, but this is UCSF and I don't expect anything with MCAT <36 and OOS.

I'm fully aware and realize this too, but I like to look on the brightside :)

I received a secondary this morning. OOS, 34M, cGPA 3.85, sGPA 3.75, confirmation email received on 7/27.

Congrats!

Think I have been screed out for a secondary if I received the confirmation email on 7/11?

Pretty similar stats to you, Gencat. Likely not as great of EC's, but I'm OOS too

Im OOS with a 34 and I got one a while back.

Does UCSF not like re-applicants?

still waiting for secondary. Already got one from every other California school (._.)

Can someone post the PRIME prompt please? Thanks!

Does UCSF not like re-applicants?

still waiting for secondary. Already got one from every other California school (._.)

I hope not! I'm still waiting as well. I know they evaluate whole applications so it can take awhile. I'm in-state and this is my absolute dream school so I'm still holding onto hope. Two years ago I got a secondary almost a month and a half after "AMCAS received" so I'm assuming there's still time since its only been two weeks this time around.

anyone know if they send out pre-interview rejection letters anytime soon? been verified by email since 7/12. OOS, but still :(

Hmm I think that there's been no news either way about interviews or rejections yet. Probably in the next couple of weeks though!

Verified yesterday
MSTP secondary today
OOS

39q, 4.00 bcpm, 3.99 total

Got an email - they say waiting to determine if I can complete secondary! Is that what everyone else has?

Screened in for MSTP, OOS!

Verified yesterday, received today.

If it helps, my stats are:

39q, 4 BCPM, 3.99 overall

My primary was verified 7/27, received secondary 7/30, submitted 8/1.

I'm curious, but does anyone know if they use the primary essay to screen, or just stats?

anyone been waiting for a secondary for awhile? I got the AMCAS received email 7/17. IS re-applicant. Still waiting!

Got the AMCAS received email 7/30, still all quiet on the western front.
OOS, 3.73 / 3.99s, 34O.

Rejected - No email but it was available through the online portal ... it looks like a letter is on its way

Rejected - No email but it was available through the online portal ... it looks like a letter is on its way

Sorry about that! I hope you have better luck with other schools!

Would you mind sharing when you submitted your secondary?

Sorry about that! I hope you have better luck with other schools!

Would you mind sharing when you submitted your secondary?

I've been verified since June, and got the AMCAS received email 7/9

Never received the secondary

I've been verified since June, and got the AMCAS received email 7/9

Never received the secondary

never received secondary here either. checked the portal and saw the rejection letter...oh well.

:( I'm sorry to hear that!! Omg so scared now. I just checked my status...still under review for now.

Please please please UCSF. Give me a chance!!

just got reject notification via status update (no secondary invite). 3.68, 36 OOS. Bummer, but expected. Good luck to the rest of the applicants.

Regarding the "update or expand upon your activities" question: I mentioned in my AMCAS that I would be starting full-time research after graduating but did not describe it in much detail; now that I am a few months in, I am better able to explain it and think it might be appropriate to do so here. Does that sound reasonable?

Yes, that would be an intended usage of the space provided.

(Follow-up question:) Is this sort of question, as well as (in my case, since they are the same) a question about what I've been up to since graduation, really expected to be 500 words? I can describe my work - overall goals/objectives, day to day tasks, and what I hope to gain from it - in under 200 words, but don't want committees to think I am not putting enough effort into my response. (Secondary invite - 3.9+, 39+, OOS)

Stop over analyzing and over thinking. Write to adequately explain.

:( I'm sorry to hear that!! Omg so scared now. I just checked my status...still under review for now.

I'm in the same boat, keep checking mine now. So far, still under review, but I feel like I'm waiting for the ax to drop...Not that it would be unexpected.

Good luck to all those in the running!

Does your current status actually say "under review" or does it say "secondary submitted"? I submitted 7/21 and never received a "complete" email or anything like that, just one saying that my secondary app had been received.

EDIT: Same goes for anyone else who has submitted?

Status
Not open for further replies.