2013-2014 University of Alabama Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone accepted been able to access the immunization website or the IMPACT training?

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't been able to log on to either of those trainings. I emailed admissions and they said a lot of people are having difficulties

what are the average statistics of someone in middle tier or lower tier?
Assuming caucasian and avg research/community service
(I know a very obscure question) any guesses?

Members don't see this ad :)
My guess would be between 27-30 MCAT and 3.3 + on GPA. They will probably be on the lower side of one of the two. Example: I have seen a 27 3.9 on the waitlist (that ended up getting in) as well as a 31 3.4.

My guess would be between 27-30 MCAT and 3.3 + on GPA. They will probably be on the lower side of one of the two. Example: I have seen a 27 3.9 on the waitlist (that ended up getting in) as well as a 31 3.4.
I agree. I was middle tier and had a 27 and a 3.8. A friend of mine was actually upper tier with a 28 and a 3.6 gpa though. So it seems to be all over the place.

This may be the norm if everyone had similar EC's, but in reality that's probably not the case. I imagine there are a fairly wide range of stats.

I was in middle, accepted with a 25 MCAT and 3.8 GPA… I had tons of research experience though…

3.92, 33. Plenty of research, leadership etc.. Lower tier.. Waiting to hear feedback on just why I'm in this boat, but they haven't responded to anything since May.

I was in middle, accepted with a 25 MCAT and 3.8 GPA… I had tons of research experience though…
I hate to ask but are you URM?

3.92, 33. Plenty of research, leadership etc.. Lower tier.. Waiting to hear feedback on just why I'm in this boat, but they haven't responded to anything since May.
That seems very strange. How did you feel after your interview?
What date was your interview? did you apply very late?

I felt like my interview went perfectly fine (no weird feelings). I interviewed on Dec. 5th. Primary Jul 31st; Secondary in Oct. 27th. Timing was on my side. In fact, they asked me to interview 3 days after I submitted my secondary. I thought "man this is great!" But, it does feel strange, and I'm sure there are others in my situation as well. I have my suspicions as to why I'm in the situation that I'm in, but I have yet to confirm with anyone because I haven't heard back since I was told my position. I can PM if you are interested in my suspicions.

Got an email saying my file was being reviewed this week for feedback. I guess the class may be full for now.

Hey guys, MS4 here. Congratulations to all those accepted!!!! I have a nice 4BR house with 3 open rooms in it. I lived in it my first 4 years while I was in MD/PhD program. Great neighborhood, close to grocery/walmart/etc. 4.5 miles from campus. Lots of residents and other students around. Email at [email protected] if you're interested.

Best,
Evan

Members don't see this ad :)

Nope, not URM. I think my interviews went pretty well though… and like I mentioned earlier, I had a ton of research experience…

Reactions: 1 user
You just send in a request for feedback to admissions?

You just send in a request for feedback to admissions?

you just email them. its on the secondary website under current information. Although I still haven't heard back after they said I would that week two or three weeks ago.

Just got my AMCAS verified, does UAB require MCAT scores before sending secondaries?
Also is it still traditional for UAB to send them on August 1st and no sooner?
Finally, the secondaries are not mailed, they are submitted online correct?

Thanks!

Just got my AMCAS verified, does UAB require MCAT scores before sending secondaries?
Also is it still traditional for UAB to send them on August 1st and no sooner?
Finally, the secondaries are not mailed, they are submitted online correct?

Thanks!

Yes UAB requires an MCAT score of at least 24
Depends if you're early decision. If not towards mid to late August.
Yes you'll fill out your entire secondary application through an online portal.

I was accepted today. Giving up my spot at USA.

Reactions: 1 user
Wanted to confirm, UAB does not send secondaries until after August 1st correct?

Also, how did you guys feel after the interviews?
For those accepted, can you pm me any tip in that you think helped?
Thanks!