2013-2014 University of Alabama Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah you never know. I'm just afraid ,since the wait list came out so late this year, a good many people have already turned down their acceptances, Leading to less movement on the wait list. I hope not though
Why would turning down an acceptance mean less movement on wait list?

Members don't see this ad.

Well usually the wait list comes out earlier meaning there hasn't been as as much time for people to make decisions on schools yet. Since it came out later this year those people might have already made their decisions. But I hope not.

Well usually the wait list comes out earlier meaning there hasn't been as as much time for people to make decisions on schools yet. Since it came out later this year those people might have already made their decisions. But I hope not.
I'm not following your logic

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm just saying that more people might have turned down acceptances before the wait list was made since it was made later in the season, leading to more acceptances being given out before the wait list was made = less acceptances given to wait list people

Yeah if anything, I think it's better news for us that they released the WL later. That means more people with an acceptance elsewhere are probably going to decline UAB acceptance since they are just as frustrated as we are. I mean if I had an acceptance elsewhere and I was placed in the middle tier, I would simply remove myself from the UAB WL and go where ever I got accepted at THIS point.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Yeah if anything, I think it's better news for us that they released the WL later. That means more people with an acceptance elsewhere are probably going to decline UAB acceptance since they are just as frustrated as we are. I mean if I had an acceptance elsewhere and I was placed in the middle tier, I would simply remove myself from the UAB WL and go where ever I got accepted at THIS point.
I'm with you on this.

Yeah you never know. I'm just afraid ,since the wait list came out so late this year, a good many people have already turned down their acceptances, Leading to less movement on the wait list. I hope not though
Yes, you never know but they should get to you, since you are first tier.

Guys, I am going to give my acceptance up soon, cannot afford the out of state tuition :(. Glad to hopefully help one of you guys get what you deserve!

Reactions: 5 users
If you are interested in the MPH, you do not have to take classes over the summer. Some of my colleagues started over the spring semester. You will just have to take a couple classes 3rd year, which typically has no required scheduled classes if you took them over the summer.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone hear of movement this week so far?

Might have to wait until financial aid awards get sent out to see much movement.

A friend of mine got accepted today!

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted
randomperson12 (5/1)
Vonnegut's Friend (5/13)

Upper Third
UA2013
Lionking2014's friend
Helpaderpout
BamaXC

Middle Third
Doctorstudent13
thatonekid
Lionking2014
DRgervais
DRgervais' friend1
Vonnegut
medp63
letmeinanywhere
medp63
Bamart
BamaMD90
cjparker
auburntigers

Lower Third
Schrodingers512
Exonomaly
J8620
DRgervais' friend2
WildernessEMT

Accepted
randomperson12 (5/1)
Vonnegut's Friend (5/13)
Helpaderpout (5/13)

Upper Third
UA2013
Lionking2014's friend
BamaXC

Middle Third
Doctorstudent13
thatonekid
Lionking2014
DRgervais
DRgervais' friend1
Vonnegut
medp63
letmeinanywhere
medp63
Bamart
BamaMD90
cjparker
auburntigers

Lower Third
Schrodingers512
Exonomaly
J8620
DRgervais' friend2
WildernessEMT

Accepted
randomperson12 (Upper - 5/1)
Vonnegut's Friend (Upper - 5/13)
Helpaderpout (Upper - 5/13)
UA2013 (Upper - 5/15)
cjparker (Middle - 5/15)

Upper Third
Lionking2014's friend (?)
BamaXC (?)

Middle Third
Doctorstudent13
thatonekid
Lionking2014
DRgervais
DRgervais' friend1
Vonnegut
medp63
letmeinanywhere
medp63
Bamart
BamaMD90
auburntigers

Lower Third
Schrodingers512
Exonomaly
J8620
DRgervais' friend2
WildernessEMT

For those waiting to be accepted off the waitlist, may the odds be in your favor.

Awesome! I can't believe they're already on the middle tier!

Accepted
randomperson12 (Upper - 5/1)
Vonnegut's Friend (Upper - 5/13)
Helpaderpout (Upper - 5/13)
UA2013 (Upper - 5/15)
Lubrat (Upper - 5/15)
Lionking2014's friend (Upper - 5/15)
cjparker (Middle - 5/15)

Upper Third
BamaXC (?)

Middle Third
Doctorstudent13
thatonekid
Lionking2014
DRgervais
DRgervais' friend1
Vonnegut
medp63
letmeinanywhere
medp63
Bamart
BamaMD90
auburntigers

Lower Third
Schrodingers512
Exonomaly
J8620
DRgervais' friend2
WildernessEMT

there should be some movement today and the beginning of next week. After that there may only be 2-3 more people that get in.

there should be some movement today and the beginning of next week. After that there may only be 2-3 more people that get in.
Maybe, maybe not. The last time they got to the middle tier this early they went into the lower tier.

Reactions: 1 users
In case anyone cares, fin aid will be released first week of June for entering students according to fin aid office.

Yes. Hoping more come out after they release financial aid info. What tier are you on?

It just looks like past few years there's a lot close to the 15th and a lot near the end of May