2013-2014 University of Louisville Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
yup, i thought they would email those out before you get an acceptance but you'll be getting one eventually. all schools require one

Yeah. Just wondering why I haven't received one yet. Maybe I need to respond to the email to confirm my acceptance first.

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah. Just wondering why I haven't received one yet. Maybe I need to respond to the email to confirm my acceptance first.
honestly i'd just give them some time to send the CBC out to you newly accepted students. completing the CBC is literally a one minute process so i wouldn't worry about it right now, just give them a day or two to send them out via email...if nothing within a couple days then send them a quick email, with the other schools i've been accepted to it usually took them about a week or so to send out the CBC email

For those who are curious, here's a look at the new curriculum/schedule for next year!

View attachment 178074
Not sure if anybody knows but what's up with the CA1 and CA2 (comprehensive assessment week) during year 1? Will this just be a week of solid examination or what is going on during that week?

Members don't see this ad :)
Not sure if anybody knows but what's up with the CA1 and CA2 (comprehensive assessment week) during year 1? Will this just be a week of solid examination or what is going on during that week?

No, it is just a standardized test to judge curriculum and help you to see your strengths and weaknesses. It isn't a must-pass.

Do we respond to the "medadm" email that sent the acceptance or to Mrs. Osborne herself?

anyone know how the waitlist is moving along?

Reactions: 1 users
If you believe that they are only concerned about those two things, then you have been misled. Do you truly think that the other 7 areas that they were marked on were less important? If so, why would LCME take the time to review those things if they were "nothing." I'm not saying that this is necessarily a make or break deal, but it definitely should come to play in peoples decision otherwise they haven't given the time to really think about it.

In the e-mail we received from the Dean discussing this back in March, the building and the curriculum were the deal breakers.

I'm sure they check tons of small details, and I'm sure all schools get marked off for a few minor things. Maybe if you get 20 minor things checked off you go on probation.

But it was made clear that the building and the curriculum were the big problems. The curriculum was already being changed, they just started a little later than needed. The building--in the e-mail they said that future classes would have a fully modernized learning environment.

Does anyone know if there been any waitlist movement for OOS I haven't seen anyone post that have been accepted off of that list?

Does anyone know once you're accepted how long you have to reply?

Got an email last wednesday. Accepted from mid-third instate!

Members don't see this ad :)
Got an email last wednesday. Accepted from mid-third instate!
That's Awesome!! Can't believe they've already made it to the middle third so fast but that's awesome! I'm still waiting to hear back, top 1/3 OOS, so hopefully they make it that far down the OOS wait list as well pretty soon. The waiting game is a killer!!

This thread has been inactive for a while. Anyone know where the list is at? Middle 1/3 OOS possibly?

i'm top 1/3 OOS and still haven't heard anything back yet, hopefully soon

I've seen a few OOS students join the 2018 class on Facebook in the last week. Maybe a sign of good things to come.

So is anyone else attending the pre-matriculation program that starts in a few weeks?

Congratz Mbho222! I will attend the pre-matriculation program if I get accepted lol (middle 1/3 OOS). Did you join the facebook class of 2018 yet?

anybody know how the OOS wait list is moving?

Reactions: 1 user
Madmike20, do you know anyone left on the top 1/3 OOS list that has not been given an offer? I hope they're moving into the middle 1/3 soon! :)

Madmike20, do you know anyone left on the top 1/3 OOS list that has not been given an offer? I hope they're moving into the middle 1/3 soon! :)
i really wish i knew but i have no idea...i heard that last year they got into the bottom 1/3 for OOS but they didn't get that deep until mid/late July but if you're in the top/mid 1/3 i'd say your chances are still fairly good...best of luck

Another middle 1/3 OOS here... anxiously playing the waiting game!

Couple in state acceptances this week it looks like. Good luck Wjscharpf!

Has anyone heard of anyone even being in the bottom third of either list? I feel like it doesn't exist lol

Last edited:
There was definitely some out of state movement this week. Does anyone have exciting news to share? :)

Last edited: