2014-2015 Application Status Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Mine still didn't show my score when I scheduled it, and still doesn't show it.

So your portal no longer says they are expecting your score?

Members don't see this ad.

I still have not heard anything from AZPOD and my portal still says that my MCAT scores have not been received. I'm really hoping to hear from them and Scholl this week.

out of curiosity, the applicants they take for the spring class have higher stats compared to the ones for fall? Can you shed some light on the spring program?
Honestly, I'm not sure since I applied with everything being the same except my work experience. I don't believe so though, just a smaller class size(which would be awesome since I had like 450-500 people in some of my lecture classes in undergrad)

Members don't see this ad :)
Just verified!
How long should it take to receive an email from the schools I applied to?

scGPA 3.96/ non science GPA 4.0 / overall 3.98
MCAT 28

2+ years of research experience
5 poster presentations
3 oral presentations (2 awards)
Honors Thesis

English instructor at immigration center
Volunteer at pediatric orthopedic recovery home
Neuroscience outreach

Shadowing experience with podiatrists and other medical specialties

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
So, I just received another email from Scholl saying that my application is complete. It is exactly the same as the one I got on Friday, except this on says they don't have my MCAT scores when the original one said they did. What is going on?

So, I just received another email from Scholl saying that my application is complete. It is exactly the same as the one I got on Friday, except this on says they don't have my MCAT scores when the original one said they did. What is going on?
Same thing for me.

I also emailed them. I'm hoping they meant to send out interview invites and sent that email by mistake! Wishful thinking ;)

I emailed Scholl. They told me that they were having an issue uploading the scores from AACPMAS, so they deleted all the scores and are in the process of re-uploading them. They said that they are still going to consider people for interviews without official MCAT scores at this point and the problem should be resolved this week.

Scheduled an interview at AZPOD on 11/10! :happy:

In regards to interfolio, did you guys send your LORs via interfolio's premade delivery address for AZPOD:

"Arizona COM of Midwestern University 2015 Podiatry Letters of Recommendation"

or made your own using their admissions address?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody interviewing at Barry this weekend?

I'm getting in Sunday, gonna go check out the city while I'm there if anybody wants to chill

Reactions: 1 user

Last edited:
For those of you who got an interview, did you submit your letter of rec from the DPM already?

Hi everyone,

I wanted to know if anyone who applied to NYCPM hasn't heard back from them yet?

They emailed me on the 8th stating that they had received my application and then on the 16th they posted on their Facebook page that interview invites had been sent out.

I never got an update on my application, and was wondering if this has happened to anyone else.

I tried emailing them but no one has responded. I just wanted to ask you guys before I called them.

For those of you who got an interview, did you submit your letter of rec from the DPM already?

I've gotten an interview for all schools so far except Scholl (didn't apply to Kent) and I have not yet submitted my DPM letter but did submit my 2 faculty letters.

Hi everyone,

I wanted to know if anyone who applied to NYCPM hasn't heard back from them yet?

They emailed me on the 8th stating that they had received my application and then on the 16th they posted on their Facebook page that interview invites had been sent out.

I never got an update on my application, and was wondering if this has happened to anyone else.

I tried emailing them but no one has responded. I just wanted to ask you guys before I called them.

Yeah, I applied first week of september, was verified last friday, GPA was verified monday and received an interview right away. I would tell you to call them..Ms.Bailey is super helpful.

Yeah, I applied first week of september, was verified last friday, GPA was verified monday and received an interview right away. I would tell you to call them..Ms.Bailey is super helpful.

So I called them and was told that my application is still being reviewed and that I'll find out by October 1st. I guess it's because my stats aren't that good so they're taking a bit longer with my application. *fingers crossed*

Thanks for the help!

I've gotten an interview for all schools so far except Scholl (didn't apply to Kent) and I have not yet submitted my DPM letter but did submit my 2 faculty letters.
I got an email from New york saying they have put my application on hold due to the DPM letter not being sent and based on what you are telling me Im curious as to why. In addition to that other schools wont reply to me so Im sort of stuck. ( and I also sent my faculty letters in already)

I got an email from New york saying they have put my application on hold due to the DPM letter not being sent and based on what you are telling me Im curious as to why. In addition to that other schools wont reply to me so Im sort of stuck. ( and I also sent my faculty letters in already)

That's strange...what are your stats?

Interviewed at Barry on Tuesday
Kent: 10/1
NYCPM: 10/8
Temple: 10/10
Scholl: 10/22
haven't scheduled DMU or Western yet and didn't apply to AZPOD

Interviewed at Barry on Tuesday
Kent: 10/1
NYCPM: 10/8
Temple: 10/10
Scholl: 10/22
haven't scheduled DMU or Western yet and didn't apply to AZPOD

When did you get an interview invite from Scholl?

Huh. I got a receipt email on the 15th, under review email on the 19th, and another under review on the 23rd. I'm wondering if I should call them or just continue waiting.

Huh. I got a receipt email on the 15th, under review email on the 19th, and another under review on the 23rd. I'm wondering if I should call them or just continue waiting.
Definitely call, there's no harm in it.

I called and they informed me that they only give status updates via email. So I emailed the admissions office. We'll see what they say.

Please excuse my ignorance, but how do you know when they receive your MCAT scores and transcripts...? Will you not know until after you officially submit your app or no? Also, is it okay to submit your app prior to sending in your LORs, or is it better to wait until those are in as well?

Please excuse my ignorance, but how do you know when they receive your MCAT scores and transcripts...? Will you not know until after you officially submit your app or no? Also, is it okay to submit your app prior to sending in your LORs, or is it better to wait until those are in as well?
Once you submit your application through AACPMAS it will take a few days for it to be verified, after which the schools will receive your MCAT and transcripts and whatever else was on the application. For me it only took a couple days after that to start receiving interview invitations.

AFAIK it doesn't matter if you send in your LORs before or after, the admissions people I talked to said they create a file for you once you send in your first materials (application or LOR or whatever). I sent in my application first, but that was only because I didn't have my letters ready at the time.

Hope this clears it up a little, I was wondering the same stuff when I applied last month.

Scholl said they receive MCAT scores from AACPMAS today and that interview invites are coming in the next few days.

Do you get an email notification when your MCAT scores are received? I'm jw since I released my scores to AACPMAS in the beginning of August and still haven't heard back about it being received yet or anything (and AAMC website shows it was sent)

And you release MCAT scores to the application service not each individual school, right? Just wanting to clarify. lol

T
Once you submit your application through AACPMAS it will take a few days for it to be verified, after which the schools will receive your MCAT and transcripts and whatever else was on the application. For me it only took a couple days after that to start receiving interview invitations.

AFAIK it doesn't matter if you send in your LORs before or after, the admissions people I talked to said they create a file for you once you send in your first materials (application or LOR or whatever). I sent in my application first, but that was only because I didn't have my letters ready at the time.

Hope this clears it up a little, I was wondering the same stuff when I applied last month.
Thank you!

And you release MCAT scores to the application service not each individual school, right? Just wanting to clarify. lol

I never got an email saying that they had received my MCAT scores. I actually had to call AACPMAS because there was an error regarding my AAMC ID, which caused a delay in them receiving my official scores.

If you go to the Program Status area of your application, there's a little blue icon with a down arrow that lets you review a pdf file of your application, which is where you will find both your unofficial and official MCAT scores. If the official ones aren't posted yet, I would call AACPMAS and see what's up.

Just got my Scholl interview invite. SO excited!!!:claps:

Anyone interview at Western yet? I have mine next Thursday, it'll be my first of the cycle so I'm obviously nervous and wondering what to expect.
I checked the weather and it said its going to be 100 degrees that day... They also said it'll be a 6 hour process. 6 hours in a suit in 100 degree weather, I'm going to be a sweaty mess!!

Anyone interview at Western yet? I have mine next Thursday, it'll be my first of the cycle so I'm obviously nervous and wondering what to expect.
I checked the weather and it said its going to be 100 degrees that day... They also said it'll be a 6 hour process. 6 hours in a suit in 100 degree weather, I'm going to be a sweaty mess!!

I'm sure you'll be inside so there will probably be air-conditioning...

Look at the SDN interview feedback page because their interviews are unlike the others. You will have to walk to the clinic, the library and the financial aid building, so you will have to endure a bit of the heat (it's not a lot of walking, but Pomona can be brutal)