2014-2015 Application Status Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Random Question.. Is anybody bringing a parent(s) with them to see the schools you are interviewing at? I was just wondering if this was common lol.
I am sure some people do. One of the schools I got an invite for wanted to know if I was going to have a guest, so they could count them in for the lunch.

Just got an email from AZPOD asking me to set up an account!

For those of you who got the same email, does it show on your AZPOD account that you need to still send MCAT scores? I'm a little confused because AACPMAS should have forwarded them.

Just got an email from AZPOD asking me to set up an account!

For those of you who got the same email, does it show on your AZPOD account that you need to still send MCAT scores? I'm a little confused because AACPMAS should have forwarded them.

I got the same email. Mine also says that they need my MCAT scores. It also says the status is "expected", so maybe they just don't match them until you create an account. I'm going to wait until Monday and see if it changes.

The admissions office at AZPOD don't really sound like they know what's going on either. I've called them about the missing MCAT score and they said it takes 4 weeks to process. What the heck does that even mean? All of the other schools have my scores and I've had ii from all of them except AZPOD. They are really frustrating.

Has ANYONE gotten an interview there?

I have an interview with Scholl. They got my application on Monday and I got an ii Tuesday.

Still waiting on AZPOD and Scholl. I got a verification email on Monday from Scholl. Hoping for an interview invite by the end of the week. Has anyone else heard from Scholl?

Was verified earlier today. Got a phone call a bit later from someone at Student Affairs at TUSPM who told me they'd get back to me in mid October. I did the winter internship program back in January so I'm assuming that's why I haven't gotten a formal interview invite just yet.

I called AZPOD yesterday about the test score thing and she said they just haven't downloaded the scores yet and to give them about a week.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got an II from Temple. Scheduled it for November 24th (the only time I'll be back in state for break). :)

DMU had me reschedule my interview that was on 10/3 because apparently that date was not supposed to be available. Kinda upset because I already made travel arrangements and they didn't even apologize...luckily it was just a bus ticket but that would have sucked if I got a hotel and flight. Now I'm scheduled for 11/10 but I expect to hear back from NY, Temple, and CSPM by then so I probably won't even go now :/

DMU had me reschedule my interview that was on 10/3 because apparently that date was not supposed to be available. Kinda upset because I already made travel arrangements and they didn't even apologize...luckily it was just a bus ticket but that would have sucked if I got a hotel and flight. Now I'm scheduled for 11/10 but I expect to hear back from NY, Temple, and CSPM by then so I probably won't even go now :/
Wow. I would almost not want to go at all because of that. That is annoying.

Finally got verified today!! Hopefully some ii start coming in soon. Best of luck to everyone!

Okay, so I just received an email from Scholl saying that my application is complete and I should receive an update on my application within 2-4 weeks.

How did someone already get an interview invite when they rest of us are just now only under review? I'm confused.

Got the same email. I'm hoping we all hear back by the end of next week

Does anyone know if Barry gives out ii without letter of rec? I received an email from Barry stating that my file cannot be reviewed until they received my letter of recs. I'm just waiting on the letter from DPM.

Does anyone know if Barry gives out ii without letter of rec? I received an email from Barry stating that my file cannot be reviewed until they received my letter of recs. I'm just waiting on the letter from DPM.

I received an ii from Barry with just my 2 faculty letters in (DPM letter still not in) so that's strange... I would give them a call to double check that they received it.

I received an ii from Barry with just my 2 faculty letters in (DPM letter still not in) so that's strange... I would give them a call to double check that they received it.
I'm hoping it's because they haven't received the letter of rec from my professors yet since I sent them in pretty recently. I'll give them a call on Monday to see what's going on. Thank you for the reply.

Did you try calling them and telling them this? Maybe they can squeeze you in for an earlier date? Mine is on 10/20. I would give it a shot if DMU is top on your list.

The other dates that I saw that were/still are open conflict with my current interviews so I didn't bother calling. Also, just based on location it wasn't my top choice, however, I do really like their program.

Is anyone interviewing at Barry on Monday? I'm currently packing my stuff and flying out tomorrow!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Interviews:
DMU: 10/3
Temple: 10/17
NYCPM: 10/21
CSPM: 10/24

*Probably not going to my interview for Barry or Western (not my top choices)
*Still waiting on Scholl and AZPod (but won't be going to AZPod interview anyways)
Just wondering why you've ruled out AZPod? Every podiatrist Ive spoken to recommends either them or DMU.

Do you mind sharing your stats? thank you
Sure
Verified-8/21/2014
GPA- S 3.4, overall 3.6
MCAT- 29 V-9 PS-11 BS-9

Interviews DMU-9-29, Temple 10-17, Barry 10-21, KSU 10-27, Western 10-30, smu 11-10, ny 11-25

Still waiting on AZPod! I have been very unimpressed with them when I call to see what is going on. My close friend is in his first year there and gave me the number of someone a little higher up the totem pole. I think I am going to call Tuesday and hopefully get some answers.

Verified 9/18
GPA - Science: 3.52, Overall: 3.66
MCAT: Still waiting
Interviews:
ii 9/19: WesternU October 7
ii 9/19: Kent State October 16th
AZPOD sounds like they should be sending invites out the end of the upcoming week.

I'm really sorry to hear that this happened to you. But I'm guessing it's because there'a big podiatry conference here in Iowa during that time and the dean and faculty will probably be busy either with the conference or running clinic. It's most likely that someone dropped the ball in telling admissions, which is really unfortunate in your case. I guarantee you that your visit at DMU will be much different than what you've experienced thus far. I've never seen anyone here on SDN who has visited DMU dislike its program. The only downside that everyone complains about is that it is in Iowa. But keep in mind that when you're in school, you really don't have time to look out the window so it really doesn't matter what's outside.

Just wondering why you've ruled out AZPod? Every podiatrist Ive spoken to recommends either them or DMU.

I've heard their program is very good (same with DMU) but the main reason I think I'll end up choosing somewhere like NYPod or CSPM is that as far as I've heard their clinics are super busy and your experience in clinic is the most helpful for getting residecny placement. Also, I don't know if I could survive in Des Moines and I hateeee the weather in AZ (my dad lives there).

I'm really sorry to hear that this happened to you. But I'm guessing it's because there'a big podiatry conference here in Iowa during that time and the dean and faculty will probably be busy either with the conference or running clinic. It's most likely that someone dropped the ball in telling admissions, which is really unfortunate in your case. I guarantee you that your visit at DMU will be much different than what you've experienced thus far. I've never seen anyone here on SDN who has visited DMU dislike its program. The only downside that everyone complains about is that it is in Iowa. But keep in mind that when you're in school, you really don't have time to look out the window so it really doesn't matter what's outside.

Yeah, they did mention that they would be on a retreat. I am still interested in DMU, however, I feel like by that time if I am accepted to another program that I felt fit my interests it would be hard to rationalize paying to get to another interview and taking time off work. Who knows though!

So I finally got a hold of someone in the podiatry department at azpod. I had that issue with my official MCAT score not showing up. They said they were going to override the system based on my stats. So if anyone else is having that problem and has a competitive application I'd definitely bypass the addmisions dept and call the pod dept directly.

Last edited:
Just scheduled an AZPod interview. Its a mess over there it sounds like.

Applied to NYCPM, Temple and Barry last year but had to withdraw my applications due to personal circumstances. Applied to NYCPM for January. AACPMASs verified my transcripts on friday. My GPA was calculated at 11 am and was invited for an interview at 11:30.
Anyone else thinking of starting NYCPM in January?
Good Luck Everyone!

Applied to NYCPM, Temple and Barry last year but had to withdraw my applications due to personal circumstances. Applied to NYCPM for January. AACPMASs verified my transcripts on friday. My GPA was calculated at 11 am and was invited for an interview at 11:30.
Good Luck Everyone!
out of curiosity, the applicants they take for the spring class have higher stats compared to the ones for fall? Can you shed some light on the spring program?

Good Luck Everyone!

I'm curious what people's thoughts are about starting in January and why you are thinking of doing it

I graduated undergrad last january and wanted to take some time off before starting school again. In the middle of applying, I had a family issue and so I knew I wasn't going to be able to start in August. January just seems like a better fit for me since I didn't want to wait an entire year to start school. One of the doctors I work with was a January student at NYCPM and cannot stop praising it.

So for those of you have have gotten ii's from azpod, does your mwu portal show your mcat score as received?