2014-2015 Application Status Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Applied to Scholl.
Interview on October 15th

So applied to all 9:

Submitted on 9/22
Conformation e-mails are still trickling in & I still haven't sent out my letters (waiting on the DPM)

So far:
-Got a rejection e-mail from Temple right away (pretty sure I got screen out b/c of my stats)
-Just got an invite from NY

I'm from SoCal so Western is my 1st choice.

Members don't see this ad :)
Applied: All 9
Received interview invites: All 9
Interviewing at:

Kent: 10/9
Temple: 10/13
Scholl: 10/15
DMU: 10/17

Applied: all 9
ii: all 9

Kent: Oct. 3
Temple: Oct 6
Western U: Oct 7
CSPM: Oct 8
AZPOD: Oct 9

DMU: Oct 24
I'm gonna have a heck of a week (and a lot of jet lag) coming up, but that is the only way I could fit things in with my schedule.

Applied: all but Kent (8 total)
Interview Invites: 8

Temple: Oct 17
NYCPM: Oct 21
CSPM: Oct 24

Will only go if not accepted to one of the above:
DMU: Nov 10
AZPOD: Nov 13

Last edited:
So applied to all 9:

Submitted on 9/22
Conformation e-mails are still trickling in & I still haven't sent out my letters (waiting on the DPM)

So far:
-Got a rejection e-mail from Temple right away (pretty sure I got screen out b/c of my stats)
-Just got an invite from NY

I'm from SoCal so Western is my 1st choice.

So got 2 more invites: Kent & CSPM

Submitted to 8 (excluding Arizona) 09/28

Interview:
NYCPM 10/22
Kent 11/24

Good luck to everyone! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess I'll add that I applied to Temple and only Temple. Will be interviewing 11/24.

I submitted a week ago (9/22/14)

Interview invites:
- AZPOD
- CSPM
- Temple
- NYCPM
- Kent

Still waiting on Scholl, Western, DMU, Barry.

Last edited:
Has anyone had any luck trying to see which school places you into better residency programs? Or is that just more dependent upon how well you do on the placement exams than the school you attend?

Has anyone had any luck trying to see which school places you into better residency programs? Or is that just more dependent upon how well you do on the placement exams than the school you attend?

Getting into a more competitive residency is more dependent on your performance in podiatry school rather than which podiatry school you went to. Podiatry board exams are either Pass/Fail, so residencies look at your rank/GPA/interview when determining whether you are a good fit.

http://www.casprcrip.org/html/casprcrip/directory.asp

Just got an interview from Des Moines! Between Oct 30-Oct 31st, would anyone be interested in sharing costs for hotel accommodations? It can get pretty expensive!

So got 2 more invites: Kent & CSPM

Update: Got an invite from DMU & Western....AZPod / Scholl are still reviewing app meanwhile Barry is DEMANDING that I send my LORs before they make a decision on the invite..0_0.

Just got an interview from Des Moines! Between Oct 30-Oct 31st, would anyone be interested in sharing costs for hotel accommodations? It can get pretty expensive!

Are you going to accept all the interview invites? I live in SoCal so my decision on whether to fly halfway across the country to Des Moines is going to hinge on Western/CSPM. In any case, Good Luck!

Are you going to accept all the interview invites? I live in SoCal so my decision on whether to fly halfway across the country to Des Moines is going to hinge on Western/CSPM. In any case, Good Luck!

Well, DMU and Rosalind are my first choices so far..however, i want to see most of the campuses first before making a solid decision on matriculation. Thank you and good luck to you too! :)

Reactions: 1 user
Its up to you, it does get expensive. However, of all the schools I have interviewed at so far, DMU is the one that has stood out for me. I would recommend attending that one at least.

Great question, I asked a lot about this while I visited the schools and from talking with the students and faculty the best way to get the residency you want to to get the clinical you want and make a difference while there. Then they will remember you and want you for the residency. You can call and ask the schools how they do the clinical programs (or just wait to interview there and they will tell you). Some you have to apply to each clinical and get accepted and others assign a variety to you. So depending on your preference on which way to do this those are the schools you would be more interested in. In my personal opinion I like the schools that assign you to a variety of clinics. This helps you get a feeling for each one individually and saves a lot of time with applying. your choice!Hope this helped and good luck1

Great question, I asked a lot about this while I visited the schools and from talking with the students and faculty the best way to get the residency you want to to get the clinical you want and make a difference while there. Then they will remember you and want you for the residency. You can call and ask the schools how they do the clinical programs (or just wait to interview there and they will tell you). Some you have to apply to each clinical and get accepted and others assign a variety to you. So depending on your preference on which way to do this those are the schools you would be more interested in. In my personal opinion I like the schools that assign you to a variety of clinics. This helps you get a feeling for each one individually and saves a lot of time with applying. your choice!Hope this helped and good luck1

When you say clinical programs, do you mean clerkships in the fourth year or do you mean clinical rotations in the third year? Because it's the fourth year clerkships that counts and that's when you need to shine. If you were talking about the fourth year, why would you want your school to assign you programs? You should be in control of where you clerk. And I don't actually think any schools dictate where you go during the fourth year, but I could be totally wrong. If you were talking about the third year, then yes, the school will decide where you go because it's still part of the curriculum and they have to make sure you see a variety of practices, including non-podiatric medicine.

Can't hurt to bring it. Better safe than sorry. Again, during every job interview the company I applied for they had my resume on file as well but I still brought it with me.

So it just dawned on me that during any job interviews I've had I brought several copies of my resume with me. Is this necessary for pod interviews?? I just assumed they obviously have my application but a fellow pod student friend of mine said she brought hers to her DMU interview. Interviewing at Scholl tomorrow!

I brought mine on my 3 interviews. Never needed it.

So it just dawned on me that during any job interviews I've had I brought several copies of my resume with me. Is this necessary for pod interviews?? I just assumed they obviously have my application but a fellow pod student friend of mine said she brought hers to her DMU interview. Interviewing at Scholl tomorrow!

How was Scholl today? My interview is next week.

What type of behavioral questions?

Has anyone interviewed at Kent yet? I have my first interview there on Thursday! :nailbiting:

Scholl was very relaxed. Kim, who basically runs the interview day is extremely nice and had everybody in high spirits for their interview. My interview was about 20-25mins in front of 2 people. They really didnt ask me any hard questions. Just a couple basic behavioral questions. Only down side is the interview is at the end of the day lol.

That is strange that the interview is at the end. I'm going to be thinking about that all day instead of taking in the school. I'm glad to hear it's relaxed though. That will help with the nerves.

What time did you finish?

kjburke (and anyone who has interviewed recently), would you be so kind as to fill out the "interview feedback" on SDN.

Thank you in advance!

Has anyone interviewed at Kent yet? I have my first interview there on Thursday! :nailbiting:

Good luck! Scholl is my top choice and my first interview. I'm freaking out a little bit. Just do not want to screw it up.

Last edited:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Just got accepted to DMU! Got the email about ten minutes ago.

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted to DMU as well! :banana:

Reactions: 4 users
Rejected from Barry. Doesn't exactly boost my confidence for my interviews at AZPOD and DMU coming up. Oh well, gotta move on.

I submitted a week ago (9/22/14)

Interview invites:
- AZPOD
- CSPM
- Temple
- NYCPM
- Kent

Still waiting on Scholl, Western, DMU, Barry.

Just got an interview from DMU! Woot.

Rejected from Barry. Doesn't exactly boost my confidence for my interviews at AZPOD and DMU coming up. Oh well, gotta move on.
I'm sorry to hear that but keep your head up, it's just a bump in the road not a final destination.
Do you mind posting your stats?

I interviewed at Kent last week. It was really laid back, they were super helpful and everyone was really nice. It was nothing to stress about at all. Good luck!

I put my deposit down at DMU yesterday!!! Class of 2019!

Reactions: 2 users
I put my deposit down at DMU yesterday!!! Class of 2019!

Congratulations! How was the DMU interview like? My first interview is at DMU (10/30) and I'm looking forward to it.

Congratulations! How was the DMU interview like? My first interview is at DMU (10/30) and I'm looking forward to it.

DMU is amazing! The interview itself was pretty low stress. It was two on one, with one of their clinicians and a med student.

I'm sorry you got rejected. Can you post your stats? Can you think of why you were rejected? Perhaps you should call them and ask...might help for other interviews.

Same here :( Gives me more time to focus on my Scholl interview coming up I guess.