2015-16 TMDSAS Waitlist Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Were you accepted off any of these waitlists?

• Total voters

navigator

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hopefully everyone did well in the TMDSAS match today! If you didn't match, or didn't match to your school of interest, all hope is not lost! :) This thread is for those hoping to get off waitlists at any of the Texas schools.

If you're waitlisted at any of these schools, just post in this thread and I'll update my post.

If you're accepted off any of the waitlists, click on the poll.

BCM:
UT Houston: MiniMD
UTMB: MiniMD
UTHSCSA: TheMadScientist_AZ
UTRGV: navigator; blueumbrella; Dr. Fetty
UTSW:
UT Dell:
Texas A&M: navigator
Tech Lubbock:
Tech El Paso: MiniMD
TCOM:

Good luck!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Giving this thread a bump! Waitlisted at UTRGV.
did the school call you to let you know you were waitlisted? I'm assuming that not everyone who interviewed and did not match is on their alternate list but I could be wrong?

Members don't see this ad :)
did the school call you to let you know you were waitlisted? I'm assuming that not everyone who interviewed and did not match is on their alternate list but I could be wrong?

I just called and asked about my status. They'll tell you if you're app is viewed favorably or not, which would mean you're likely in the alternate pool.

Reactions: 1 user
I just called and asked about my status. They'll tell you if you're app is viewed favorably or not, which would mean you're likely in the alternate pool.

That's what they told me when I called as well. Would they actually tell us, though, if we weren't favorable with them? I'm starting to think maybe they just don't want constant calls. Either way, remaining hopeful!

Also selected for A&M Waitlist, and in the "alternate pool" for UTRGV

still waiting on UTHSCSA waitlist. top choice but I think not everyone gets invited. crossing my fingers!!!

good luck!

Hey there guys! OOS applicant but Texas native here.

I interviewed with UTHSCSA back in Oct/Nov 2015 and just called the other day to confirm that I'm wait-listed. Anyone know how wait-list movement works for OOS applicants in Texas schools? Will I only be offered a spot if, for example, another OOS student drops their acceptance?

Thanks for any info you can give! :)

Surprised you haven't gotten in yet with your stats! I have the same LizzyM and am applying this upcoming cycle, so that kind of worries me...

Put me down for UTH, UTMB, and TT El Paso. ~Yay~

Members don't see this ad :)
I am on the waitlist for UTHSCSA, UTMB, A&M, and Tech El Paso.

Has there been any IS movement? Or are the people getting off the waitlist in the poll OOS?

Maybe it's someone that voted where they're on the waitlist. I am interested to hear when IS movement begins. :3 Waiting to hear back from UTRGV and UTHSCSA myself.

Put me down for UTH, UTMB, and TT El Paso. ~Yay~
Really unfortunate you couldn't match despite having 4 interviews. What could have gone wrong in your opinion?

Really unfortunate you couldn't match despite having 4 interviews. What could have gone wrong in your opinion?
3 interviews, but yes, still painful. I really do think it comes down to my low MCAT and not enough advanced science classes. I was quite surprised to even have 3 interviews with my MCAT, because it's pretty much right below the cut-off of being screened in or out. I had already submitted my app before my scores were released. And while I felt like my interviews went really well, more than 1 interviewer suggested I take some more higher science classes if this cycle doesn't work out for me. I was a non-science major so the pre-reqs make up most of my science courses.
So I totally understand what I can improve upon, it's just painful because I had a little taste of the med school life with the interviews!

Reactions: 3 users
Is there any statistics out there on what percentage of people get moved off of wait lists for Texas schools, I've been wait listed at UT Houston and UTMB. It wont make me feel better, but at least I'll know what my odds are.

3 interviews, but yes, still painful. I really do think it comes down to my low MCAT and not enough advanced science classes. I was quite surprised to even have 3 interviews with my MCAT, because it's pretty much right below the cut-off of being screened in or out. I had already submitted my app before my scores were released. And while I felt like my interviews went really well, more than 1 interviewer suggested I take some more higher science classes if this cycle doesn't work out for me. I was a non-science major so the pre-reqs make up most of my science courses.
So I totally understand what I can improve upon, it's just painful because I had a little taste of the med school life with the interviews!
I hope you eventually come off from the waitlist. You have a good chance because you are on 3 lists.

You were already invited for interview, so they already deemed your academic qualifications and readiness to be acceptable, so don't think its solely your MCAT score that resulted in that decision. Wish you all the best in the coming months!

Is there any statistics out there on what percentage of people get moved off of wait lists for Texas schools, I've been wait listed at UT Houston and UTMB. It wont make me feel better, but at least I'll know what my odds are.
It really depends on the schools. Like sometimes, a fifth or even a quarter of the class at UTSW comes from wait list. I'm not too sure about UTH or UTMB. I do think that 10-20% of class coming from wait list is not too unreasonable. On Feb 1 2015, UTMB had a 32 MCAT avg for its accepted class but by August, that 32 had dropped to a 30 - a significant shift that comes when wait list moves.

I hope you eventually come off from the waitlist. You have a good chance because you are on 3 lists.

You were already invited for interview, so they already deemed your academic qualifications and readiness to be acceptable, so don't think its solely your MCAT score that resulted in that decision. Wish you all the best in the coming months!

Thank you!

It really depends on the schools. Like sometimes, a fifth or even a quarter of the class at UTSW comes from wait list. I'm not too sure about UTH or UTMB. I do think that 10-20% of class coming from wait list is not too unreasonable. On Feb 1 2015, UTMB had a 32 MCAT avg for its accepted class but by August, that 32 had dropped to a 30 - a significant shift that comes when wait list moves.

Thanks for the info! Its good to know that there is a chance still. Now the wait:meh:

Thanks for the info! Its good to know that there is a chance still. Now the wait:meh:
giphy.gif

So I hear that IS waitlist movement is usually in May. Is there much of a chance that there will be movement in April? I noticed a few people got in off the waitlist according the polls, are you guys OOS?

I will be withdrawing from El Paso sometime this week. Hope one of y'all gets my spot at what really is an AWESOME school and city.

I really thought I'd end up there, but I've had circumstances the past month or so, and will be attending my state school (I'm OOS).

I hope one of y'all gets my spot! Good luck everybody!

I will be withdrawing from El Paso sometime this week. Hope one of y'all gets my spot at what really is an AWESOME school and city.

I really thought I'd end up there, but I've had circumstances the past month or so, and will be attending my state school (I'm OOS).

I hope one of y'all gets my spot! Good luck everybody!
Thanks for the update red!

Just got accepted off the waitlist at UT Houston!! I am IS if you wanna know. I will be withdrawing my acceptance from UTMB :) Hope one of you get it!

Reactions: 7 users
So I'm not sure if this is the thread to ask this question, but I will happily move it if that is the case. For the wait list is there a "last day to receive an acceptance" for Texas schools? I've been reviewing the TMDSAS website, but I haven't been able to find an answer.

So I'm not sure if this is the thread to ask this question, but I will happily move it if that is the case. For the wait list is there a "last day to receive an acceptance" for Texas schools? I've been reviewing the TMDSAS website, but I haven't been able to find an answer.
Yes the deadline is June 1st if you already have a TX acceptance (not sure if this includes Baylor), and the first day of classes if you don't already have a TX acceptance.

Anyone who's been accepted mind sharing their stats? I'll be applying next cycle.

I think she meant to say to put her down for being on the waitlist, not getting off! Keep your fingers crossed for her

Hey Mini congrats on getting off 3 lists. What school did you decide on?

TX still goes by the April 30th rule right? Haven't seen much movement in the TX threads :/