2015-2016 Official Psychology Ph.D./PsyD Interview Invite Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey! Did anyone else apply to/hear back from Miami Univiersity (OH)? I saw a couple on TGC and just wondered whether they were done extending invites or more will come after the holidays?

I heard unofficially from Miami Ohio-- on Dec 15th the POI emailed me saying the social area faculty met and would like to invite me for an interview. The POI said that the graduate coordinator will be in touch regarding official details. I still haven't heard from them, or anything else.

Hope that helps!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
School Name: University of Florida
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/4/2016
Degree
: PhD
Type: Counseling
Notified via: Phone
Interview Date: Jan. 24-25
Additional Info: lodging provided by graduate students, informal dinner with current students 1/24 evening, interviews 1/25

I haven't been offered an interview, I was told this at the end of my phone interview. Interview invitations will go out next week. This week faculty will deliberate about the phone interviews.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
School Name: Brigham Young University
Date Interview Invite Received: 12/29/2015

Type: Clinical
Notified via: Phone call from POI
Interview Date: 1/25

This thread is so quiet this year. I'm waiting for it to just explode with non-stop invites ---- to hopefully all of us!

Reactions: 6 users
Has any one heard from the Utah State University combined PhD Psychology program ??

I haven't seen anything from ANY of the schools I applied to! Has anyone heard from:
Syracuse-Clinical
St. Louis University-Clinical
Arizona State University-Clinical
George Mason University-Clinical

Trying to be patient and stay optimistic! :)

I haven't seen anything from ANY of the schools I applied to! Has anyone heard from:
Syracuse-Clinical
St. Louis University-Clinical
Arizona State University-Clinical
George Mason University-Clinical

Trying to be patient and stay optimistic! :)

I haven't heard from any of mine either and GM is one of them

One of the schools I applied to notified some people of interviews before break and I haven't heard anything...trying to stay positive lol. I have 5 more places to hear from, not including UFs decision after the phone interview.

I have seen posts about University of Maryland Counseling. Has anyone heard from the clinical program there?

Has anyone heard back from Northwestern Feinberg School of Medicine's Clinical Psychology program?? It's one of my top choices to get into, and I saw on GradCafe that some people have received invitations. I'm also trying to pursue the Neuropsychology route as well.
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Since no one has mentioned Temple on this forum yet:

School Name:
Temple University
Date Interview Invite Received: 12/29/15
Degree: PhD
Track: Adult
Notified via: Email
Interview Date: 1/15 or 1/18
Additional Info: You get to choose either 1/15 or 1/18 for your interview and you also choose the morning session or afternoon session; graduate student housing may not be available to everyone; social event the night before both interview days

Hi everyone. Received word today that I am waitlisted at Marquette's counseling program. Does anyone have any idea how often waitlisted students receive interviews? I would imagine it is a very low percentage. Thanks in advance.

I received 2 interview invitations before the break (both around Dec 18):
University of Nebraska-Lincoln - Counseling Psyc.
Texas Tech University -Counseling Psyc.
I also contacted 2 programs asking when their interview invitations would be sent and they notified me I wouldn't be invited for an interview. They are:
University of Southern Mississippi - Counseling Psyc.
Marquette - Counseling Psyc.

Has anyone received an interview invitation from Georgia State (counseling) or Colorado State (counseling)?

School Name: University of Maryland
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/5/16
Type: School
Notified via: email
Interview Date: 2/5/16
Additional Info: Will be assigned either morning or afternoon interview session

Good luck to everyone! It's nice having all of you to share this stressful time with :)

Has anyone received an interview invitation from Georgia State (counseling) or Colorado State (counseling)?

Someone on TGC contacted GSU recently and they said interviews are 1/29, and we should hear something between now and then (not very helpful lol). All applicants should receive a "your application has been forwarded for review" email; I received mine just before they went on vacation.

University of Miami has offered some phone interviews.

School Name: University of Oregon
Interview Invite Received: 1/5/16
Type: Counseling Psychology
Notified via: Email from POI
Interview Date: 1/28-1/29

Additional Info: Email from POI inviting me to interview weekend

So excited!

Do you know when they extended these invitations?

Within the past week. I anticipate that the University of Miami will send out invitations for interviews in the next few days.

chool Name: University of South Carolina (main campus)
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/6/16
Type: Clinical Community
Interview Date: 2/1/16
Additional Info: 1/31 informal dinner, 2/1 interviews, optional happy hour after

Reactions: 1 users
Congratulations! Were you notified via POI or DCT, also if you feel comfortable, would you mind PMing me your POI?

Thanks! I don't feel comfortable sharing my POI, but the email came from a professor in the department (that I didn't apply to work with) and my POI was CC'd on the email. It was "signed" by the prof I didn't apply to, another prof (also didn't apply to) and "the usc clinical-community faculty". Maybe those 2 profs are in charge of contacting students on behalf of all the POIs? The email didn't say that they were DCTs or anything.

Hope you hear something soon! Last year they notified students around this time (from postings on TGC's results thread).

Has anyone heard back from Northwestern Feinberg School of Medicine's Clinical Psychology program?? It's one of my top choices to get into, and I saw on GradCafe that some people have received invitations. I'm also trying to pursue the Neuropsychology route as well.
Thanks!

Trying to cross my fingers and hope for the best but starting to lick my wounds now as the rest of invites for clinical are going out by the end of this week (as stated on their FB page hah). Best of luck!

Can you PM your POI please?
School Name: University of Maryland
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/5/16
Type: School
Notified via: email
Additional Info: Will be assigned either morning or afternoon interview session

Good luck to everyone! It's nice having all of you to share this stressful time with :)

School Name: Northwestern Feinberg
Date Interview Invite Received: 01/06/2016
Degree
: PhD
Track: Psychopathology and Treatment emphasis
Notified via:Email
Interview Date: Friday 02/19/2016
Additional Info: full day of interviews with happy hour after with current students.

Someone on TGC contacted GSU recently and they said interviews are 1/29, and we should hear something between now and then (not very helpful lol). All applicants should receive a "your application has been forwarded for review" email; I received mine just before they went on vacation.
Yea, that is not very helpful at all lol! Keeping fingers crossed!!! I guess some programs wait till the last minute!

Well, I was officially rejected from UCCS Clinical Psych PhD. Dang it! It was one of my top choices--though I've read in past years that the "best match" from the applicants perspective seldom matches with the schools that invite for interviews, or ultimately accept. We shall see if I get better news from the other 10-odd schools I applied with. Congratulations to all who have heard positively from programs, and to those who haven't yet, good vibes are heading your way! Hopefully we can have a ceremonial burning of rejection letters when we are accepted elsewhere. LOL! :)

Got official, generic rejection letter from Marquette today and offered to apply to their masters program at no extra charge.

I noticed many of the clinical PhD programs I applied to already contacted applicants with acceptances/interviews/rejections. However, I have yet to hear any news from the schools even though some of the interview dates are near. Do you recommend I contact the schools to find out the status of my application?

I noticed many of the clinical PhD programs I applied to already contacted applicants with acceptances/interviews/rejections. However, I have yet to hear any news from the schools even though some of the interview dates are near. Do you recommend I contact the schools to find out the status of my application?

Are you contacting the schools to reduce your anxiety? Or are you contacting the schools because you need to make travel plans for other interviews?

If you have a legitimate reason to reach out, by all means do so.

If it is because you are really curious (which everyone is), then it probably won't hurt you to reach out, but temper your expectations as to what they will tell you.

School Name: Temple University
Date Interview Invite Received: 01/06/2015

Notified via:Email
Interview Date: 1/15 or 1/18
Additional Info:Informal gathering evening before

This is probably repetitive - but does anyone know if POIs send out emails individually not necessarily on the same day, or is it a mass email (I'm looking at you, UConn).

This is probably repetitive - but does anyone know if POIs send out emails individually not necessarily on the same day, or is it a mass email (I'm looking at you, UConn).
I know it varies from program to program. If anyone has heard from UConn though, I have the same question! Just saw the GC post for child clinical today and wondering if that means I'm not getting a first round interview for health clinical!

Received an official invite from UF Counseling! Didn't expect to hear back until next week (that's what the POIs told students).

Also--I am in the boat of not hearing back from a program when others have. In my case, people heard before holiday break! I sent an email today asking if all offers have been extended, haven't gotten a response. The interview is in less than 2 weeks, but I really just want a decision lol.

School Name: Indiana University - Bloomington
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/7/2016
Interview Date: 2/5/2016
Additional Info: Optional dinner/social with current students the night before; can depart any time after 6 PM on interview day; an assistant will follow up with logistics after confirming availability

School Name: University of Tennessee - Knoxville
Date Interview Invite Received:1/7/2016
Interview Date: 2/5/2016
Additional Info: Optional activities on 2/3 and 2/4

School Name: UMass Amherst
Date Interview Invite Received:1/5/2016
Interview Date: 1/29/16-1/30/16
Additional Info: Limited student housing available. Potluck dinner with current students and department on 1/29.

School Name: UCONN
Type: Clinical, emphasis on Developmental Psychopathology
Interview Date: 2/10/16 or 2/12/16
Additional Info: Grad students offering student-only events and housing

I know it varies from program to program. If anyone has heard from UConn though, I have the same question! Just saw the GC post for child clinical today and wondering if that means I'm not getting a first round interview for health clinical!

I received an invitation to interview via email from POI. I applied to the Clinical track with emphasis on Developmental Psychopathology. Hope this helps and good luck!!

School Name: University of Illinois - Chicago
Notified via: Phone Call
Additional Info: Some financial assistant for travel; a more detailed informational email will be coming soon

for those interested (as this is relevant for me), got word that WUSL is still working on finalizing interview list, and invites have gone out from Drexel via POI phone call

School Name: University of North Carolina-Charlotte
Date Interview Invite Received:1/8/2016
Interview Date: 1/29/2016
Additional Info: Current doctoral students may provide housing, can also interview via Skype or another day if candidate cannot travel on day of interview

All invites for Drexel have gone out?
I know a department staff was making calls to prospective students from the full list of students selected to interview today. Not sure whether or not all calls were made today though.

Has anyone heard from University of Nevada - Reno or Rochester for clinical psychology?

I know a department staff was making calls to prospective students from the full list of students selected to interview today. Not sure whether or not all calls were made today though.

For anyone who has heard from Drexel and feels comfortable, would you mind private messaging me your POI? Also, if anyone has more insight into whether or not all the invites went out today for Drexel and how applicants were contacted [generally from an administrative assistant or based on POI] that would be very helpful. Good luck to everyone!

For anyone who has heard from Drexel and feels comfortable, would you mind private messaging me your POI? Also, if anyone has more insight into whether or not all the invites went out today for Drexel and how applicants were contacted [generally from an administrative assistant or based on POI] that would be very helpful. Good luck to everyone!

same here, could whoever got contacted for interview pm me too?

Last edited:
Has anyone heard from University of Nevada - Reno or Rochester for clinical psychology?

I know someone who got an interview to Rochester, but I'm not sure of the details. Hopefully they will send out more invites!