2015-2016 Post-Doc Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Silly question: but for postdoc positions how are they listed on ones CV. Is it considered "education" or a position?

Would love to hear how others have listed or are planning to list their postdoc.

Members don't see this ad.

Silly question: but for postdoc positions how are they listed on ones CV. Is it considered "education" or a position?

Would love to hear how others have listed or are planning to list their postdoc.

I have all my externships and my internship under clinical experience. I plan to put my postdoc in the same section.

Reactions: 1 user

I have mine under both, actually. I have just the name of the site and my specialty area listed under education. Under clinical experience I go into more detail (rotations and supervisors).

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! I've seen it under education or professional employment. I have a research postdoc so it won't quite fit in clinical but I'll leave it under education.

Thanks! I've seen it under education or professional employment. I have a research postdoc so it won't quite fit in clinical but I'll leave it under education.

You could also put it under research experience

You could also put it under research experience
Once you leave the student role and have the degree I think it is best to just list your places of employment chronological order (most recent at the top) and note underneath the setting what the role was. This is probably not true for academic research settings I suppose, but for a clinical setting I want to see the sequence of clinical work and read the details of how you got to that site underneath it.

Will be moving to the south Sacramento, Ca area for postdoc. Anyone have any apartment/housing suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Resurrecting a quiet thread, late night...

As we all know, "it's not official until it's ‎on SDN." I have the wackiest luck, and this 'luck' keeps me coming back to SDN to share, but also to encourage perseverance.

I did not get my best, most favored postdoc offer in March, and I slithered away into the darkness because I did not get my least favored postdoc offer either. Nada. No dice. Nothing.

Edit: Well, I was just offered my most favored postdoc a week ago. :)

There were some major stars aligned for me, and I'm not posting in an attempt to garner SDN 'likes,' but ‎holy cow, it truly is all about the journey...no matter how challenging...and we will all eventually arrive at our destinations, if we work hard enough, our heart is in the right place, and we don't give up.

Congratulations to all those who found offers so far, and good luck to those still looking.‎ :luck:

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users