2015-2016 University of California - San Francisco Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
By the way, for those that got secondaries, did they send out acknowledgement emails about receiving your application? I haven't heard anything at all..not even that they got my app or anything

Members don't see this ad.

By the way, for those that got secondaries, did they send out acknowledgement emails about receiving your application? I haven't heard anything at all..not even that they got my app or anything

I think someone answered your question before... The secondary was the first thing that they received from UCSF I believe.

Reactions: 1 user
Fingers crossed for a secondary~~ IS applicant and UCSF is the dream *_____* but congratulations to those who have got one already!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just curious, is the screening of AMCAS application by UCSF similar to UCLA? I got the secondary from UCLA and just wondering if it is harder to pass the UCSF initial review.

No one ever answered, but I thought I would update that my letters show as received now and "Your application is ready!"

Becoming increasingly less hopeful that I'll see a secondary in my inbox... :(

I think only a few people have received secondaries so far, so keep your head up. They probably have a huge number of applications to look at, so it'll take some time!

Reactions: 1 users
I think only a few people have received secondaries so far, so keep your head up. They probably have a huge number of applications to look at, so it'll take some time!
Thanks for this.

so early. SO SO SO early. The Queen would disapprove of your fruitless worrying!
Now is that what you want :p

Just received my secondary

Reactions: 3 users
Absolutely! I was verified the first week of June. All my secondaries began pouring in July first.

Absolutely! I was verified the first week of June. All my secondaries began pouring in July first.
Ah okay! Congrats :)
Still have hope here, verified end of June haha <3

Members don't see this ad :)
Still got plenty of time then! I think they gave the MCAT superstars the secondaries first, now they're moving down the list. Just a theory

Verified 7/5. Will hold out for another week before I start thinking about what happened!

Just curious, is the screening of AMCAS application by UCSF similar to UCLA? I got the secondary from UCLA and just wondering if it is harder to pass the UCSF initial review.

I dont think so. I got a UCLA invite a week or so ago but haven't heard anything from UCSF but one of my friends is having the opposite issue. Take my lovely n=1 or n=2 (depending on how you look at it) story with a grain of salt though.

Nah this is SDN, n=2 is more than enough for people to lose their **** over haha. :bang:
Off topic- I will be in the San Francisco area in the next few days. Any suggestions on what places locals love and tourists don't know about? Also can I just go visit UCSF lol?

Still hoping as well! Verified 6/4. Please show us some love, UCSF!

Reactions: 2 users
I dont think so. I got a UCLA invite a week or so ago but haven't heard anything from UCSF but one of my friends is having the opposite issue. Take my lovely n=1 or n=2 (depending on how you look at it) story with a grain of salt though.
I am on the same boat, I got the UCLA one and still waiting from UCSF. Hopefully, we will good things soon !

Ehhh I don't think your hypothesis about MCAT superstars is correct...
Hopefully it's just based on AMCAS submission date.

41 MCAT.... how the **** lol. nice job man

I have a low (very low) GPA and received UCSF but not UCLA - so weird.

I have a low (very low) GPA and received UCSF but not UCLA - so weird.
I am sure they do a holistic review. Does anyone know what's their minimum MCAT to not be totally screened out?

Wouldn't everyone verified before Jul 1 have been sent to UCSF at the same time?

I'm wondering if UCSF has moved past the pre-Jul-1-verified people.

Wouldn't everyone verified before Jul 1 have been sent to UCSF at the same time?

I hope not -- my MCAT and GPA should have made the screen and I was verified on June 4, so I am hoping they are coming in waves (or MD/PhD is just taking a little longer). Any other MD/PhD's here anything yet?

I mean, the few people on here who've received the secondary were all verified in the first week of June. That's the only reason I'm hanging onto hope (that and, it's still freakin' early)!

I think we are reading into this too much. On top of whatever system they have, there is going to be some level of randomness to the order. I doubt the entire committee as a whole goes through each applicant one at a time since it's just a screening and not a final decision, meaning it's likely they have 1 or 2 members look over an application before deciding to send out a secondary. If that's the case, then there's no way they could go in perfect chronological order of verification. For example, if member A gets applications #1-100, member B gets applications #101-200, and member C gets applications #201-300, then it's very possible that application 202 gets looked at before application 99, for example. Of course, this is all my speculation, but I think everyone should chill :nod:

Reactions: 5 users
Got UCSF today but no UCLA as yet; LizzyM 74.5, IS

Edit: Oops UCLA came two days back... Sheeh I better get my act together

USCF, you're killing me, haha

Did any MD/PhD applicant get a secondary?

Yes, I did (yesterday). But, it doesn't seem that they screen MD vs. MSTP... first page on the secondary was a program selection page in which you pick which program you are applying to.

Last edited:
I'm torn between wanting secondaries from here and UCLA now, and being glad that they're going to be spaced out from this giant cluster I got in the first week of July. As long as I do get one eventually...:nailbiting:

Reactions: 3 users
I'm torn between wanting secondaries from here and UCLA now, and being glad that they're going to be spaced out from this giant cluster I got in the first week of July. As long as I do get one eventually...:nailbiting:
Exactly. If we do get them much later down the road, we'll be so grateful. If we don't, well...****. Anyone else waiting on UCSD and UCDavis too?

I'm from Cali with a 3.73 cum/3.83 science and new MCAT around 90% percentile. Should I bother applying?