2017-2018 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine - Auburn Campus

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Was waitlisted on Wednesday and just got my ACCEPTANCE CALL TODAY!!

Woah! Congratulations!! I didn't get a call, so I'm assuming that I'm actually waitlisted. That's strange though, the email said that they don't have any seats left.

Congrats anyways, that's a great start to the weekend. Celebrate up bro!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Third year here. Ya there are always going to be gripes/things that need improvement with any medical school. Here, board prep is not one. This school gives so much time to study for end of second year board exams. So much more time than most other schools. I felt beyond prepared for Step 1 and Comlex Level 1. Doing well on those exams is so much more a testament to your work ethic than it is the quality of professors, manner in which the material is presented by professors/SDLs, and method of testing the material throughout years one and two (whether it be 3 exams a week or one big exam every month). I just wanted to clear up some questions about students being ill prepared for boards due to poor quality scheduling and what not by VCOM. Block 8 is legit (as far as board prep is concerned).

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Just got an interview from this school a couple minutes ago but I'm seeing that some of you guys are saying the class is full? Any advice?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
II today but reading the past couple of posts scares me lol

So for those of us interviewing this week and upcoming weeks, are we only being considered for WL?

Are we allowed to send a Letter of Intent in? Not sure if it will help as VCOM does a ranked list anyway.
I looked into and asked about writing a letter of intent and I was told to wait awhile to do it.

I wonder how long it'll take to hear back from the WL :|

Hi I have a question, I just submitted my primary 2/9 got an email 2/21 saying “
Your application is scheduled to be reviewed by committee. The purpose of the committee meeting is to determine whether or not to invite you to submit a Secondary Application along with letters of recommendation. Please be advised: considering the volume of applications we receive, the review process may take up to three months. As soon as the committee has had the opportunity to review your file, we will be certain to notify you by email.
. My mcat score is 502, gpa 3.57, sgpa 3.37, good amount of volunteer hours, leadership (served as an RA and lab TA), research and presentations and just a little bit amount of DO shadowing hours (about 40 over the span of two months and continuing). I know I’m very late in the application process, but it’s almost a month and I haven’t gotten a secondary despite meeting the screening minimum. I know they said it can take up to three months, but does anyone know if it takes that long? Am I too that late that it’s too late for me to get a secondary and possibly interview? Any feedback would be appreciative.

Hi I have a question, I just submitted my primary 2/9 got an email 2/21 saying “
Your application is scheduled to be reviewed by committee. The purpose of the committee meeting is to determine whether or not to invite you to submit a Secondary Application along with letters of recommendation. Please be advised: considering the volume of applications we receive, the review process may take up to three months. As soon as the committee has had the opportunity to review your file, we will be certain to notify you by email.
. My mcat score is 502, gpa 3.57, sgpa 3.37, good amount of volunteer hours, leadership (served as an RA and lab TA), research and presentations and just a little bit amount of DO shadowing hours (about 40 over the span of two months and continuing). I know I’m very late in the application process, but it’s almost a month and I haven’t gotten a secondary despite meeting the screening minimum. I know they said it can take up to three months, but does anyone know if it takes that long? Am I too that late that it’s too late for me to get a secondary and possibly interview? Any feedback would be appreciative.

My application wasn't complete until the end of February last year. Though, the only thing that VCOM was waiting on was my MCAT because I submitted everything in July so that may have been why I received an interview invitation so quickly. I'm not sure if it will take 3 months but it is rather late in the cycle, in addition to them placing applicants on the waiting list. What I can suggest is giving them a call or sending an email to the admissions director. They are usually very receptive to inquiry. Best of luck, though!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an interview for VCOM Auburn on 4/3. Heard the interview is 3 30minute 1:1 format? Can someone who has interviewed explain the day, interview format more in depth, questions, what to expect etc. Anything is helpful! thanks!

Just got an interview for VCOM Auburn on 4/3. Heard the interview is 3 30minute 1:1 format? Can someone who has interviewed explain the day, interview format more in depth, questions, what to expect etc. Anything is helpful! thanks!
Did they call or email you? When did you hear?

Just in case anyone is wondering, it seems like the remaining interview dates are 4/4, 4/10, and 4/11. I am interviewing on the 10th.

Just got Waitlisted. Interviewed 3/15. Feel hella optimistic. Good luck to all in the same boat!

Waitlisted as well from 3/15. They sent a super nice email which was pretty encouraging which makes me feel like if they aren’t able to make space for us this year, we will get a guaranteed acceptance for next year. Still too early to worry

Maybe I’m being extremely optimistic but it seems like, if we assume that only 8-9 people interview each day and there are 3 interview dates left, and they only started placing people on the waitlist since February and say a good 75% of us are excellent candidates, then the waitlist shouldn’t be longer than 50-55 people (I know it’s a lot of assumptions). I heard last year they gave out like 20 deferred acceptances for the next year so I think majority of us on the waitlist should get accepted for this year/next year. :)

Maybe I’m being extremely optimistic but it seems like, if we assume that only 8-9 people interview each day and there are 3 interview dates left, and they only started placing people on the waitlist since February and say a good 75% of us are excellent candidates, then the waitlist shouldn’t be longer than 50-55 people (I know it’s a lot of assumptions). I heard last year they gave out like 20 deferred acceptances for the next year so I think majority of us on the waitlist should get accepted for this year/next year. :)

Well, I interviewed in Mid-January, and I was WL'ed. So it may be a little more when you include those dates.

Well, I interviewed in Mid-January, and I was WL'ed. So it may be a little more when you include those dates.
Are you still on the WL? I saw someone called pulled super fast on here. Im just wondering how many people have been pulled off already

Unfortunately I still am :(

Quick question, I know people have brought up being considered for class of 2023 if spots are unavailable. When you received your waitlist spot did they mention that you would be evaluated for a guaranteed admission the following year?

Yup. And it was strange, in my interview day they said that they aren't going to WL. They would only accept and reject people.

So i'm guessing that less people withdrew their acceptance than they anticipated, so that's why the e-mail was sent out. But that's me being optimistic.
Gotcha. So pretty much them saying we will consider you for the 2023 class is their generic waitlist email for everyone

Just an update about rotation sites - looks like VCOM Auburn really messed up this year. Gave away 20 spots at one of our top sites to VCOM Carolinas with no warning. Leaving a lot of students angry and confused, with no recourse. I’d previously really trusted them to make sure we ended up somewhere we’d be happy - now, I’m just incredibly frustrated and disappointed. Unless this gets sorted out, a bunch of us who chose VCOM auburn for their attractive Florida sites will be out of luck, stuck fighting one another over 20 Wellington slots and 20 Ft walton spots - which is waaay out in the panhandle. Just keep this in mind.

Wellington is going from 13 Auburn slots to 20 though. Yes it sucks losing Jacksonville, but there are 40 Florida spots for a school not located in Florida. Also, my class (finishing 3rd year), around 90% received a top 2 spot on their list and 100% got a top 4 spot on their list. I know y'alls class had more problems but so much of it is a year by year where people want to go. It sucks, but that's a huge variable. My class was generally very happy with our match and I've only heard consistently bad things about two sites that we have.

Went through last years thread and there was little movement between mid April and June

Really want that acceptance. Has anyone called and asked when they expect WL movement?

Pretty sure last interview day was this week.

Does anyone know if their waitlist is ranked?
I'm pretty sure it's not. When I interviewed, they say they consider everyone on the waitlist like it's the regular application period

I'm pretty sure it's not. When I interviewed, they say they consider everyone on the waitlist like it's the regular application period
Almost 100% certain that it is ranked because only some people get the differed acceptance. Plus some have been on the waitlist since Jan/feb and still waiting while some recent waitlisted people have been accepted which hints yet again at a ranked waitlist

yes the waitlist is ranked.

Almost 100% certain that it is ranked because only some people get the differed acceptance. Plus some have been on the waitlist since Jan/feb and still waiting while some recent waitlisted people have been accepted which hints yet again at a ranked waitlist

Yea, I think so as well. I was the first group to get WL'ed, and I haven't been accepted yet. I wonder if they tell you where you are in the waitlist though, like if you're top of the waitlist, middle, etc.

Yea, I think so as well. I was the first group to get WL'ed, and I haven't been accepted yet. I wonder if they tell you where you are in the waitlist though, like if you're top of the waitlist, middle, etc.
I called last week, I was told that the dean has to first approve people who were waitlisted, they were not able to give information about where in the waitlist applicants are ranked.

I called last week, I was told that the dean has to first approve people who were waitlisted, they were not able to give information about where in the waitlist applicants are ranked.

Wait do you mean like approve people to get waitlisted that are not waitlisted yet? Or like approve people already waitlisted?

To approve people who are already waitlisted.

Wait, do you mean like... post - II you get accepted, WL'ed, or rejected. So the dean says which person gets WLed, or am I completely misinterpreting that?

Not quite understanding

Wait, do you mean like... post - II you get accepted, WL'ed, or rejected. So the dean says which person gets WLed, or am I completely misinterpreting that?

Not quite understanding
From what I am picking up, the dean is the one that approves people who are already on the waitlist. I do not think they are the one who chooses who gets put onto the waitlist. So if you are waitlisted, the dean give the greenlight to accept you and offer you a seat in the class.

Not quite understanding
Sorry for confusion, the dean approves people off the waitlist for admissions into the incoming class.

Has anyone heard anything from VCOM-Auburn lately?

Has anyone heard anything from VCOM-Auburn lately?

I wish :'( I asked about WL movement, and they said that they're not sure when it will move & if it moves, how many people they think are even going to drop their acceptance here.

I just got a call from their admission office and they said I was on their ranked waitlist, and I will be attending either this upcoming year or the following. I guess I am received DA.

Reactions: 2 users
Received the call as well! I’m so excited!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Those of you who got delayed acceptance/ possible this year acceptance, would you mind sharing your stats and interview date? Sorry, I was just really hoping for that offer.