2017-2018 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine - Virginia Campus

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah guys! Don’t give up hope :) Also check your email too, cause I think they contact you one or the other. I got contacted for II via email
Were you ED? And how was your interview experience/which campus(es) did you get your II(s)? Thanks for the input!

Members don't see this ad.

Were you ED? And how was your interview experience/which campus(es) did you get your II(s)? Thanks for the input!

Nope, not ED. Submitted secondary July 2nd. Got complete email mid August. Got II via email yesterday. I’m interveiwing on October 17 at the Virginia Campus! I’ll be sure to let you guys know how it goes, etc. or just PM me

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know how much they consider master's programs? My undergrad GPA is lower than average but my MCAT is right in their average. I'm taking a 1 year masters where I am in some classes like gross anatomy with 1st year DO students, and I have been doing really well. My app is completed so I'm hoping for an interview, and I contacted admissions and told them I have all As in the MS program, so do you guys think I may have a shot at an interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Would anyone plz post ur like or dislikes about this campus VS the other two campuses. Why Virginia? need help picking out which one 1-3. I need to do that by tomorrow afternoon, help!!!! Thank you

Would anyone plz post ur like or dislikes about this campus VS the other two campuses. Why Virginia? need help picking out which one 1-3. I need to do that by tomorrow afternoon, help!!!! Thank you
You really don't have a choice...you apply to VCOM and they assign you to a campus. It's based on your home state.

You really don't have a choice...you apply to VCOM and they assign you to a campus. It's based on your home state.
I was told that u choose ur preference of what campus and that will be what they go by. I just don't know much about each campus. Looking to c if anyone has more info., to share

I was told that u choose ur preference of what campus and that will be what they go by. I just don't know much about each campus. Looking to c if anyone has more info., to share
I called VCOM-VA, you interview at one of the three campuses. If your first choice is taken up then theyll move you to your second choice. You have a chance at all three campuses but you will be selected to interview at 1 out of the 3.

I called VCOM-VA, you interview at one of the three campuses. If your first choice is taken up then theyll move you to your second choice. You have a chance at all three campuses but you will be selected to interview at 1 out of the 3.
This is correct but they also assign you based on your home address. I'm from TN and they told me unless I had a direct link to VA my app would be sent to SC. You only interview at 1 school and pick order of preference on secondary

This is correct but they also assign you based on your home address. I'm from TN and they told me unless I had a direct link to VA my app would be sent to SC. You only interview at 1 school and pick order of preference on secondary
I would think that because they have 3 campuses, wouldn't that increase your odds because that means more seats? I applied to 3 campuses hoping that would increase my odds if one campus fills up or I wasn't competitive at one then I would be sent to another. I would assume Auburn is less competitive because it is new and VA is most competitive? But idk

Got called for an interview last night! They scheduled me for Oct 11, so soon!! They also said there are seats for the Oct 24/25 interview days available. So excited!!

Reactions: 3 users
I wonder why the call some and email some for II haha

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know post-interview acceptance rate for VCOM? Is it greater than 50% that are interviewed get accepted? I am not sure and would like to know. Some schools have exceedingly high post-interview acceptance rates based on IIs granted and those granted acceptances (WVSOM for instance, basically if you get an II youre in unless youre are completely socially inept).

I would think that because they have 3 campuses, wouldn't that increase your odds because that means more seats? I applied to 3 campuses hoping that would increase my odds if one campus fills up or I wasn't competitive at one then I would be sent to another. I would assume Auburn is less competitive because it is new and VA is most competitive? But idk
Actually you only apply once and you are still considered for all 3 campuses. You don't have to pay the fee 3 times, just once. Then when they send the secondary (one secondary for all 3 schools) they ask you to rank. I am a re-applicant and in their Graduate at the VA campus now. They told us that unless we were from VA, went to school there, or had close family there not to get too attached to VA. As I said, I gave each campus equal rank and I was assigned to SC.

Actually you only apply once and you are still considered for all 3 campuses. You don't have to pay the fee 3 times, just once. Then when they send the secondary (one secondary for all 3 schools) they ask you to rank. I am a re-applicant and in their Graduate at the VA campus now. They told us that unless we were from VA, went to school there, or had close family there not to get too attached to VA. As I said, I gave each campus equal rank and I was assigned to SC.
Uh oh haha I put VA as highest interest and the other two campuses as high interest so my first choice was still VA, and I am from NJ, so I hope that doesn't decrease my odds. I wonder if I can call and change that, or maybe I shouldn't and that would look bad idk

Got called for an interview last night! They scheduled me for Oct 11, so soon!! They also said there are seats for the Oct 24/25 interview days available. So excited!!
Are you IS? Or one of the appalachian states? They love applicants from those areas. I am from NJ, hoping for an II soon

Are you IS? Or one of the appalachian states? They love applicants from those areas. I am from NJ, hoping for an II soon
Georgia. The school is about 4 hours from where I live.

I'm pretty sure that is only the case if you are in their graduate certificate program. If you are applying out of state and are not in the graduate program, then that's probably not the case.

When submitting the secondary, did you rely on the ACOMAS portal to submit the two required LORs or did you letter writers do it separately?

When submitting the secondary, did you rely on the ACOMAS portal to submit the two required LORs or did you letter writers do it separately?
Schools automatically pull your letters from AACOMAS if you have submitted them.

Does anyone know if rejection letters have been sent out?

Just checked the portal and the status bar is missing. Does anybody know if this means anything? Complete since 9/6

My status bar disappeared, as well.

yea, i think it's a glitch. i had the status bar this afternoon but now it's gone.

No status bar for me either.

Has anyone called/emailed to ask about the status bar?

Reactions: 2 users
I work all day in a space without cell phone service. Does anyone know if they leave voicemails for II's?

I work all day in a space without cell phone service. Does anyone know if they leave voicemails for II's?
Yeah I'm pretty sure they would either leave a voicemail or send an email if they couldn't get ahold by phone.

Accepted!!! I got a call yesterday afternoon! Top choice for sure!!

Reactions: 5 users
ACCEPTED!!!!! :clap::soexcited: This is such welcome news after being waitlisted twice last cycle. I'm gonna be a doctor!!!!

Interviewed 10/11, got the call earlier this afternoon. Such a fast response!

Reactions: 7 users
ACCEPTED!!!!! :clap::soexcited: This is such welcome news after being waitlisted twice last cycle. I'm gonna be a doctor!!!!

Interviewed 10/11, got the call earlier this afternoon. Such a fast response!

Congrats! When were you complete??

Congrats! When were you complete??
Mid September. They were very fast with everything on my app. I got an II a week or two after I was complete, and my actual interview day was scheduled for 5 days after the call with the invite. Then I was accepted 3 business days after the interview. My entire application cycle took less than a month, which is NOT average lol.

Reactions: 1 users
After the interview, you wouldn't wanna go to any other school other than VCOM

After the interview, you wouldn't wanna go to any other school other than VCOM

I just interviewed at VCOM-VC today (literally a few hours ago), and can confirm the above statement. All the staff and the interviewers were extremely kind and courteous. Shannon, the Admission's Director, knew many of us by name before we even had our name tags.....that was the last thing I expected from a medical school director, they definitely stand out! Definitely nothing to worry about if you interview here. Please feel free to ask me any questions about interviewing here or PM me. Best of luck to everyone this cycle!

I was complete on 8/31 but I've gotten nothing but radio silence since then. Has anyone received an II with a similar complete date?

still waiting for a secondary! :bored:

ACCEPTED! Got the call today around 3pm. Interviewed this past Friday (10/20)....what a turn around! Best of luck to everyone else. If anyone has any questions, don't hesitate to PM me.