2017-2018 Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine (Rowan-SOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
WOOOOO!!! CONGRATS EVERYONE!!! Fingers crossed for everyone else :)

Reactions: 4 users
I am hoping someone can help me answer some questions. I just got accepted. I am required to put down a deposit and accept the offer of admission. I understand the deposit is non-refundable but does that mean I 'must' attend RowanSOM; even if I get into another school I am waitlisted at that is offering me a better financial aid?

Reactions: 2 users
I am hoping someone can help me answer some questions. I just got accepted. I am required to put down a deposit and accept the offer of admission. I understand the deposit is non-refundable but does that mean I 'must' attend RowanSOM; even if I get into another school I am waitlisted at that is offering me a better financial aid?
No
It just means that if you chose to withdraw your acceptance, you wont get your deposit back

Off the HL :) Class of 2022!

Wishing everyone luck!

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Ooo that’s exciting! Sorry for the bajillion quest but how long after the actual interview did you hear back?

Your rank on the hold list has nothing to do with when you interviewed.

Reactions: 1 users
Ooo that’s exciting! Sorry for the bajillion quest but how long after the actual interview did you hear back?

3-4 weeks. I was on vacation and didn't know until I got back which was about a month after I interviewed.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know the link to 2022 fb page, thanks in advance!!!

Your rank on the hold list has nothing to do with when you interviewed.
on my interview day, they said you were ranked by when you interviewed, then within your interview day (if multiple people are on the HL)

Reactions: 3 users
You have people in this thread, that have interviewed two months apart being accepted. One of them being accepted before their class mate who interviewed nearly 3 months before them...

I don't work for the school, I'm just trying to be a voice of reason here because I was in the SAME position as you guys this time last year. The school, as much as I LOVE it, will tell you anything they can to keep you on the line. I wish you guys all the best of luck and it's great to see some movement on the hold list, but I wouldn't put all of your eggs in one basket because it is going to slow down to a trickle very soon. You're all going to be physicians at some point or another so enjoy the time you have now while you have it!

You have people in this thread, that have interviewed two months apart being accepted. One of them being accepted before their class mate who interviewed nearly 3 months before them...

I don't work for the school, I'm just trying to be a voice of reason here because I was in the SAME position as you guys this time last year. The school, as much as I LOVE it, will tell you anything they can to keep you on the line. I wish you guys all the best of luck and it's great to see some movement on the hold list, but I wouldn't put all of your eggs in one basket because it is going to slow down to a trickle very soon. You're all going to be physicians at some point or another so enjoy the time you have now while you have it!

I think its kinda futile to figure out how they rank. the response I've recieved is much different from what others are saying. but when did the movement slow down last yr if you remember?

I think its kinda futile to figure out how they rank. the response I've recieved is much different from what others are saying. but when did the movement slow down last yr if you remember?

I agree, because nobody ever gets a definitive answer. I was about middle of the road on the list when it started and they only made it through about 50-60% of it over the duration of a few months. It really seemed to come to a halt around June though, from what I remember.

I agree, because nobody ever gets a definitive answer. I was about middle of the road on the list when it started and they only made it through about 50-60% of it over the duration of a few months. It really seemed to come to a halt around June though, from what I remember.
oh I see, thanks!!

question: did everyone that heard HL get a call? or some letters?

question: did everyone that heard HL get a call? or some letters?
Are you asking about being notifed that you got placed on hold list? If so, i got a call and then a letter in the mail.

Are you asking about being notifed that you got placed on hold list? If so, i got a call and then a letter in the mail.
yes - and I was just wondering if anyone was letter-only, no call

I ended up emailing lauren after 7 weeks because I was getting to antsy. She called me the next day to tell me!
upside of waiting: I have been waking up in a cold sweat for weeks now, so I've lost plenty of weight

upside of waiting: I have been waking up in a cold sweat for weeks now, so I've lost plenty of weight

Don’t be afraid to call and ask! They told me when I’d be getting reviewed too when I called too early oops haha

yes - and I was just wondering if anyone was letter-only, no call
My friend never got a call, he just got a letter. So yeah the interviewers can forget to call. But as long as you get the letter which usually comes a week after the committee meeting, you’re good

A lot of movement will occur now because DO schools will send out notices if a student has multiple deposits, so students have to make decisions, and the same is true for MD deposits being due. Then it slows down, but, can continue to orientation week. If you are on the hold list YOU ARE ACCEPTED. so run with that!

Reactions: 3 users
Hey guys, what TattedMed said was correct, no sense in coming up with when and how you are ranked. I interviewed 1/17 and I called and asked for my rank and I was told im on the bottom 10% of the list. Did not tell me how big the list is so not really sure if that was a good or bad thing, but yeah! just go with the flow is the best advice anyone has given me. I called back a little bit later to confirm my rank, and then the lady on the phone did not tell me so might still be too early to find out.

Hey guys, what TattedMed said was correct, no sense in coming up with when and how you are ranked. I interviewed 1/17 and I called and asked for my rank and I was told im on the bottom 10% of the list. Did not tell me how big the list is so not really sure if that was a good or bad thing, but yeah! just go with the flow is the best advice anyone has given me. I called back a little bit later to confirm my rank, and then the lady on the phone did not tell me so might still be too early to find out.

Hopefully this yr they exhaust the hold list? Do you remember who you spoke to when you first called? Was it dean watkins?
also when did you call? today?

Last edited:
I called today for my hold list ranking and was told that they are not releasing that information at this time because there are a couple of people who have yet to hear back about a decision.

I was called on Friday and told that I was accepted and placed on the hold list. Yet, I haven't received a confirmation e-mail regarding my acceptance. Does anyone know how long it will take to receive the confirmation e-mail?

I was called on Friday and told that I was accepted and placed on the hold list. Yet, I haven't received a confirmation e-mail regarding my acceptance. Does anyone know how long it will take to receive the confirmation e-mail?

You wont get one, it comes via snail mail

When did you interview btw!

Is there any way to track what you need in order to matriculate? haven't heard much from Rowan in April. I sent in my deposit, transcripts, and background check...

..and I'm working on my health forms.

Anything else? So scared something slipped through the cracks.

Is there any way to track what you need in order to matriculate? haven't heard much from Rowan in April. I sent in my deposit, transcripts, and background check...

I haven’t had anything besides those things come over either.

Hopefully this yr they exhaust the hold list? Do you remember who you spoke to when you first called? Was it dean watkins?
also when did you call? today?
No, I called like a week ago and spoke to someone from Admissions. Was not Dean Watkins, and was not Jeanine.

Hi everyone,

I'm new here. I just wanted to ask if you are put on the hold list this cycle, are you allowed to reapply to schools this coming cycle and keep your hold list position?

Hi everyone,

I'm new here. I just wanted to ask if you are put on the hold list this cycle, are you allowed to reapply to schools this coming cycle and keep your hold list position?
I think you technically can since you havent matriculated.

There's a checklist in the acceptance package, I think if you follow that you should be fine. Or send Lauren an email if you think anything is missing.