2018-2019 Louisiana State University School of Medicine (New Orleans)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted! Very excited as this is my first offer to join the big leagues
Awesome to hear! Congrats! Would you mind sharing your stats? I interviewed at the end of November and am stressing through this waiting game.

Members don't see this ad.

ACCEPTED OOS interviewed 11/12/18; Letter also postmarked 11/20/18
Congrats! Really happy to see people's reactions to their acceptances after reading about their anxiety through the waiting process lol. I interviewed at the end of November and have been checking this site daily since then. Would you mind sharing your stats?

Interview received this morning via phone

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
interview invite today!!! Scheduled! SO HAPPY

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Got an interview invite today around 2:40 PM via email! Scheduled for January 14th! So happy and excited.

Reactions: 2 users
Any current LSU students following this thread know where I can get info on what you're supposed to do with your summer between M1 and M2 year? Are we expected to do research or are we free to go travel or get a job?

As the other student said: Whatever you want.
There are research programs and AHEC, both solid choices that do give you stipend. They are worthwhile for getting some experience in medicine and/or research. They also don't last all summer so you still have free time. You'll have gunner classmates saying they're gonna study for STEP. Good for them. I enjoyed relaxing and not thinking about academics everyday. This is your last gasp of freedom before taking a pretty intense plunge into med school. There is almost no break between STEP and 3rd year, so make the most of the free time you have.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Where is the secondary application? Does it come with the original Secondary email with the directions & is it an attachment? Thanks!

Where is the secondary application? Does it come with the original Secondary email with the directions & is it an attachment? Thanks!

LSUHSC School of Medicine

You submit everything through the applicant gateway. Instructions on accessing the gateway are in a separate email titled “Louisiana State University Regular M.D. program invites you to take the next step with your application.”

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

did anyone get a letter yet? i was hoping to see something by today but i still haven't.

did anyone get a letter yet? i was hoping to see something by today but i still haven't.
I live in the city, and I haven't received anything yet- Getting soooo excited! It's like waiting for a Christmas present from LSU

At my interview he said letters won’t go out until “mid-week.”

Did he by chance say when the next admissions meetings were?

They met last Friday (Dec 14) and Dr. Eubanks said they usually meet every three or four weeks, so I would guess the next meeting is near the end of January. He also told us the first big advocacy meeting is mid-February.

The wait is really a killer though.. hopefully we get letters tomorrow or sometime Friday!

Got my acceptance letter today! Good luck everyone else!

Reactions: 5 users
ACCEPTED~!!!! :banana: THANK YOU LSU!!! Happy Holidays to all!!!!

Reactions: 6 users
Does anyone know if a January interview I considered late?

Does anyone know if LSU accepts ITA requests?

Are a lot of people nfa or waitlisted with jan interviews?

They said the majority of applicants that are eventually accepted are NFA’d first.

So when are we thinking the next wave of IIs will come out? Monday? :bookworm:o_O

Reactions: 1 users
There are interviews booked through January at least. January is certainly not early, but certainly not late for an interview. Being NFA'd isn't ideal, but you haven't been rejected. Hold out for the big meeting in Feb. and wait to see what happens after that. I have friends who weren't accepted until Late May. Not ideal, but hey, they are gonna be doctors now.

So a January / feb interview is good?
There have been interviews since at least September. It's not great, but you have an interview, and the date only matters so much. Yes more spots have been filled, but if you were to go in and either smoke it or tank it, well it wouldn't have mattered when you went. My advice is to try and relax, I know it is not easy, but you will make it through this.

There have been interviews since at least September. It's not great, but you have an interview, and the date only matters so much. Yes more spots have been filled, but if you were to go in and either smoke it or tank it, well it wouldn't have mattered when you went. My advice is to try and relax, I know it is not easy, but you will make it through this.
What percentage of spots are filled? And if they found out in May when did they interview

For how long

I got in from a January interview. It’s not a huge deal.

Like SouthernGent said, we have a few classmates that got in in May. I’m not entirely sure when they all interviewed, but it’s to the point where it’s out of your hands right now. I know that this seems like a totally impossible thing, but work on selling yourself for your interview instead of worrying about the number of seats that have already been filled.

Can someone help with this one...
I interviewed with a guy who's name is not on the admission's committee list...I also believe that he was my best interview!!!! SOS what does this mean? will he not be at the meetings to speak for me? Did he get added on after the admissions committee member list was made in August?
The little things matter so much to me at this point.

I interviewed with a guy who's name is not on the admission's committee list...I also believe that he was my best interview!!!! SOS what does this mean? will he not be at the meetings to speak for me? Did he get added on after the admissions committee member list was made in August?

To my knowledge, everyone who conducts interviews is on the admissions committee. I wouldn’t sweat it.

To my knowledge, everyone who conducts interviews is on the admissions committee. I wouldn’t sweat it.
I thought so too! I believe Eubanks said that in his presentation before the interviews too, but there was so much info flying at me I dont remember. Thanks!

I thought so too! I believe Eubanks said that in his presentation before the interviews too, but there was so much info flying at me I dont remember. Thanks!

I know how overwhelming interview day can be, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask!

So the next wave of interview invites won't be until end of January? :nailbiting:
I submitted my secondary back in September and still haven't heard anything. Is it the longer you wait to hear the less your chances of getting an interview are?

Has anyone interviewed for the rural track? How much of the interview was dedicated to that aspect of your application?

Everyone who interviews you is on the committee.