2018-2019 Louisiana State University School of Medicine (New Orleans)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone interviewed for the rural track? How much of the interview was dedicated to that aspect of your application?
I interviewed today and I have applied for the rural rack. only one out of the three interviews even mentioned it. and the one who did only did because he was the one was built that program from the ground up. honestly, he spoke more about it than I did lol they didn't out right ask me about my desire to be a rural scholar so be prepared to throw that in there yourself to make yourself look good

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed today and I have applied for the rural rack. only one out of the three interviews even mentioned it. and the one who did only did because he was the one was built that program from the ground up. honestly, he spoke more about it than I did lol they didn't out right ask me about my desire to be a rural scholar so be prepared to throw that in there yourself to make yourself look good
Although I did not interview for the rural track I had a similar experience with my interview. There was no “why medicine?? Why why why????” I really had to put myself out there at times and emphasize aspects of my application that I wanted to stand out.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know when they send out scholarship info/awards? Also, everyone is considered for scholarships without any additional application, right?

Does anyone know when they send out scholarship info/awards? Also, everyone is considered for scholarships without any additional application, right?

Not sure when the info goes out, but Dr Eubanks said on interview day that everyone who is accepted is considered for the partial and full scholarships that they have. I'm not sure if filling out FAFSA by a certain deadline helps your chances. I'm trying to finish mine this week.

Can anyone who's already interviewed help me prepare for it? I'm not sure what to expect. Pretty nervous, interviewing next week. What kind of questions did they ask?

Can anyone who's already interviewed help me prepare for it? I'm not sure what to expect. Pretty nervous, interviewing next week. What kind of questions did they ask?
Don’t be nervous! They asked me about my hobbies and this internship that I did. I personally tried to tie in how all these helped me grow as a person and in my path to medicine. The med student asked the heavy hitter questions like “what dose professionalism mean to you? What is succsss if you look back on you’re career in 20 years? What’s 1 thing you’d want the admissions committee to know about you?” Then my last interview was about my family background

Reactions: 1 users
Don’t be nervous! They asked me about my hobbies and this internship that I did. I personally tried to tie in how all these helped me grow as a person and in my path to medicine. The med student asked the heavy hitter questions like “what dose professionalism mean to you? What is succsss if you look back on you’re career in 20 years? What’s 1 thing you’d want the admissions committee to know about you?” Then my last interview was about my family background
I have a feeling I know who interviewed you- He was one of our main guides the day of my interview and he was so incredibly nice and knowledgeable. He helped give us really great tips for the interview and made me excited to be a part of the school that had him as part of the committee.

Has anyone had any success sending a pre II letter updating on grades, shadowing, extracurriculars etc?

I have a feeling I know who interviewed you- He was one of our main guides the day of my interview and he was so incredibly nice and knowledgeable. He helped give us really great tips for the interview and made me excited to be a part of the school that had him as part of the committee.
hmm! I wonder if it was the same guy. I liked him he was great, but he definitely tried to bust my balls on the "success" question hahaha. I'm always up for a challenge though.

Anyone else interviews Tuesday? And how long should we expect the turn around to be as far as answers ?

Great experience here. There’s a meeting this Friday, hopefully that’s good news for most! But of course, most people are apparently NFA’ed until the big feb meeting

Great experience here. There’s a meeting this Friday, hopefully that’s good news for most! But of course, most people are apparently NFA’ed until the big feb meeting
Makes me wanna vomit thinking about them meeting on friday :yuck: I hope it's good news for us all!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Dr. Eubanks does say that almost everyone gets NFA'd, but there are over 140 people in the Facebook group for the upcoming class. Your chances of getting accepted after your interview are probably better than he makes it out to be, so feel free to be optimistic!

Dr. Eubanks does say that almost everyone gets NFA'd, but there are over 140 people in the Facebook group for the upcoming class. Your chances of getting accepted after your interview are probably better than he makes it out to be, so feel free to be optimistic!
Omg a Facebook group... I have FOMO already lol! All of the spots have to be offered by mid March right? So the next 2 meetings basically fill up the class?

Wouldn’t it be less likely to get accepted right away since there’s less than 60 spots left ?

Wouldn’t it be less likely to get accepted right away since there’s less than 60 spots left ?
60 offers do not guarantee 60 spots are taken. People who don't accept them or end up dropping them to go other schools will make more offers go out.

60 offers do not guarantee 60 spots are taken. People who don't accept them or end up dropping them to go other schools will make more offers go out.
Understandable , but at the same time they can not offer more acceptance than that until they know for sure that people decline offers! So I don’t understand how it’s not likely to get NFAd at this point.

I wonder what makes someone go on the NFA, is it solely based on the interview? Or stats too?

Has anyone gotten an interview invite recently or know when they might send some out? The secretary did tell me that the last interview at this school will be on 4/17.

Has anyone gotten an interview invite recently or know when they might send some out? The secretary did tell me that the last interview at this school will be on 4/17.
The next meeting is today, so expect more interview to go out next week some time.

504 and 3.7 cumulative and science, kinesiology major
Scribing experience
In state
I had my interview a few weeks ago. Everyone here is very deserving of an acceptance. I hope we all get the opportunity to learn together this fall. I have not gotten a letter one way or the other as of now but I hope I get it soon.

I had my interview a few weeks ago. Everyone here is very deserving of an acceptance. I hope we all get the opportunity to learn together this fall. I have not gotten a letter one way or the other as of now but I hope I get it soon.
Meeting was Friday

Hey ya'll, I was looking at previous threads (bc i'm a psycho who thinks too much) and 2 years ago I found this... Do they reaaalllyyyy not discuss everyone?!

Attachments

• IMG_0024.jpg
    IMG_0024.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 185
I have an interview at the end of the month. I know, late, but trying to be hopeful. Does this mean that there won't be a decision about my app until May or so?

Last edited:
Hey ya'll, I was looking at previous threads (bc i'm a psycho who thinks too much) and 2 years ago I found this... Do they reaaalllyyyy not discuss everyone?!
That’s odd! Idk , i would think they would bring everyone up at the monthly meeting to choose whether they accept reject or NFA. From my understanding , that’s what I got from dr Eubanks. I’m sure if you’re really liked, you’ll be more focused on, but I’d think everyone would at least be mentioned briefly

Well my interview is after that...
When’s your interview ? You could possibly be chosen at one of the regular monthly meetings which would be sometime in March. If you are NFAd you’d hear back in May. Apparently, they are filling their class by the feb advocacy meeting because all medical schools have to have their class filled by March 15. But, some people will give up their seats so there Will be more availability sometime after that... how much varies year to year!

Can anyone confirm or deny that they don’t discuss everyone that interviewed the previous month at the monthly admissions meetings?

Can anyone confirm or deny that they don’t discuss everyone that interviewed the previous month at the monthly admissions meetings?
I’m pretty sure they discuss everyone from the day after the last meeting until the day before the meeting. How much and to what extent depends on how much you stood out with one of your interviewers

They said they would be sending out letters mid-week this week.. sitting over here pretty anxioussss