2022-2023 LSU - New Orleans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got my first NFA email at 1:43pm on Monday back in November so hopefully they send them this afternoon.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
congrats to those accepted! my email said my status was not changed. i’m blessed to have acceptance somewhere else but i wish they would just give us a decision

Reactions: 1 users
congrats to those accepted! my email said my status was not changed. i’m blessed to have acceptance somewhere else but i wish they would just give us a decision
Also no status change email here

No status change. Really frustrating since I've reapplied 3 times and have had many improvements (including improvements recommended by the committee) :(

Have an A somewhere else, but this is dream school due to the MD/MPH program and location (home).

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I believe its "LSUHSC SOM - Class of 2027"; there are a couple other ones floating around on Facebook but this looks like the most correct one or at least the one I've been tracking to see where the count is this cycle

A after being NFA in October!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
A on Monday and was NFA on 1/30. First time applicant, in-state, MCAT: 505, uGPA: 3.9, clinical experience, URM.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Hey every one! Got my first and only interview invite of the season! on 1/23/23. Interview on march 7th! Any words of advice?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
what does NFA mean? Where you waitlisted?
NFA stands for "No Final Action" so it is not an acceptance or a rejection, it just means they are holding on to you as an applicant and will discuss your file again at a later committee meeting.

When do we start to hear more about scholarships and financial aid after being accepted? (gotten one email about the rural scholar)

Last edited:
When do we start to hear more about scholarships and financial aid after being accepted? (gotten one email about the rural scholar)
I did hear about financial aid/scholarships but now have more questions...
Anyone else here trying to fill out the scholarship application? o_Oo_O

Pre II rejection today. Was hoping to at least get an interview since my mcat is a little higher than average 🫤

• Care
“Unfortunately, it is not possible for us to consider every candidate for admission even though many have impressive credentials. Therefore, we will not be able to consider your application for admission into our medical school”

Wording from my rejection letter. Did LSU even look at my secondary or is it just poorly worded? I’m confused.

Last edited:
  • Care
So I attended the MD/MPH studnet panel and at the beginning they said something like, "I'm sure you all are making final decisions between LSU New Orleans and othe schools, and hope you choose us"
Still on the WL and they are the only school I want to go to. Feels bad man.

• Care
So I attended the MD/MPH studnet panel and at the beginning they said something like, "I'm sure you all are making final decisions between LSU New Orleans and othe schools, and hope you choose us"
Still on the WL and they are the only school I want to go to. Feels bad man.
I feel ya, im not even on the WL. I got NFA'd in February and haven't heard anything since :(

I feel ya, im not even on the WL. I got NFA'd in February and haven't heard anything since :(

I know they have a meeting the last day in March but not sure if it’s just people that just interviewed or everyone. The last one is beginning of May so we may have to unfortunately wait a while

For accepted students, do we think we'll start receiving our financial aid letters within the next week? I remember seeing somewhere that it would come out late March.

It's not really a waitlist, it's more like a post-II hold.

For accepted students, do we think we'll start receiving our financial aid letters within the next week? I remember seeing somewhere that it would come out late March.
Sooo, I called financial aid and they told me not to expect it for several months. I was absolutely flabbergasted by this. I even (politely) inquired as to how students with more and 1 A were supposed to solidify their decision without a financial aid package. They didn't give me any info. Going to call back early April!

Sooo, I called financial aid and they told me not to expect it for several months. I was absolutely flabbergasted by this. I even (politely) inquired as to how students with more and 1 A were supposed to solidify their decision without a financial aid package. They didn't give me any info. Going to call back early April!
OH maybe you're referring to scholarships - admissions said we'd be notified by postal mail in late march if we are awarded a scholarship!

does anyone know if the meeting at the end of this month is for NFA people or for the most recent interviewees? just impatiently waiting to hear anything back 🙃

does anyone know if the meeting at the end of this month is for NFA people or for the most recent interviewees? just impatiently waiting to hear anything back 🙃
I know they are definitely meeting about interviewees, not sure about NFA. They have held a lot of interviews throughout march that they haven’t met about yet.

They are meeting tomorrow, correct? I had written down March 30th during my interview, but just wanted to confirm.

They are meeting tomorrow, correct? I had written down March 30th during my interview, but just wanted to confirm.
I think so. Does anyone know how many days after they meet they actually send out the emails?

Anyone know how many people lsu NOLA interviews vs how many they accept?