2018 APPIC Internship Phase II - onward and upward!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Rejection:
- Dayton VA- 3/09

Members don't see this ad.

High Plains Psychology internship Consortium 3/9
OU HSC UCC 3/9

Both personal emails

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone hear from Immaculata University Consortium's Bancroft NeuroRehab site? I received confirmation last Friday from the TD that they were passing on applications to the specific sites to review applications, but haven't heard since and am trying not to keep my hopes up...

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know anybody who got an interview for Duke this round? I haven't seen anything about it on here, but I know we're a small subsection of everyone who applied in Phase II.
I'm still waiting to hear from Duke as well!

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone hear from Immaculata University Consortium's Bancroft NeuroRehab site? I received confirmation last Friday from the TD that they were passing on applications to the specific sites to review applications, but haven't heard since and am trying not to keep my hopes up...
I heard from them Thursday evening and interviewed Friday afternoon. I would not be surprised though if they contact other students this week, just based on my feeling from the interview.

There are a few sites that I haven't heard from and have not been posted on here yet. Has anyone heard from the following sites:
Pacific Clinics
Applewood Center
Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health

I have pretty much crossed off all of the sites I didn't hear from that were already posted on here as it is getting a bit late in the game to contact for interviews!

Thanks!

I heard from them Thursday evening and interviewed Friday afternoon. I would not be surprised though if they contact other students this week, just based on my feeling from the interview.

Thank you!

I got rejections from the Minneapolis VA and North Texas VA.

All quiet on the western front from the Milwaukee VA, Memphis VA, San Diego VA, Atlanta VA, Detroit VA, Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Kings County Hospital, North Bronx Health, and Immaculata. Feeling post match vacancy coming on

I got rejections from the Minneapolis VA and North Texas VA.

All quiet on the western front from the Milwaukee VA, Memphis VA, San Diego VA, Atlanta VA, Detroit VA, Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Kings County Hospital, North Bronx Health, and Immaculata. Feeling post match vacancy coming on

Atlanta Va due date was last Friday and I haven’t heard from them either yet so still a chance! I heard from Milwaukee VA and Detroit Va already though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Phone call today from Mt Sinai Beth Israel for interview later this week. Still waiting on King's County and North Bronx (Jacobi).

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone hear from VA Illiana Health Care System? Again, I received an e-mail (on 3/2) asking for rotation preferences and that my application was being reviewed, but haven't heard since...

Rejection from Corporal Michael J. Crescenz VAMC

Anyone hear from VA Illiana Health Care System? Again, I received an e-mail (on 3/2) asking for rotation preferences and that my application was being reviewed, but haven't heard since...
In the same boat!

Phone call today from Mt Sinai Beth Israel for interview later this week. Still waiting on King's County and North Bronx (Jacobi).
I am still waiting on Jacobi and King's County!

Also still waiting on 7. :nailbiting: I have hit refresh so many times. +pissed+ I swear more spam has made it past my filter, causing my phone/computer to give me a small boost in pulse rate, than I have ever seen in my whole life. :spam:+pissed+

Has anyone heard from:
Central Texas VA
North Carolina State
Univ. of South Carolina
Montana State Univ., Bozeman

I saw the other 3 pop on here, but trying not to read too much into that for sanity sake.

Reactions: 3 users
Also still waiting on 7. :nailbiting: I have hit refresh so many times. +pissed+ I swear more spam has made it past my filter, causing my phone/computer to give me a small boost in pulse rate, than I have ever seen in my whole life. :spam:+pissed+

Has anyone heard from:
Central Texas VA
North Carolina State
Univ. of South Carolina
Montana State Univ., Bozeman

I saw the other 3 pop on here, but trying not to read too much into that for sanity sake.

I haven't heard from NC State either.

I am mentally getting ready for post match vacancy!

Stay positive!! There are still 6 days to hear back. I noticed on one of the previous threads that some sites from other years did interviews up until the ranking deadline. That's certainly nerve-wracking, but so is this entire process.

Reactions: 5 users
Stay positive!! There are still 6 days to hear back. I noticed on one of the previous threads that some sites from other years did interviews up until the ranking deadline. That's certainly nerve-wracking, but so is this entire process.

Wowwww!:eek: Interviews until the ranking deadline!? You mean interviews could go until the 18th!? :dead::hungover::hurting::zombie:

Wowwww!:eek: Interviews until the ranking deadline!? You mean interviews could go until the 18th!? :dead::hungover::hurting::zombie:
I have a few interviews on the Friday before deadlines. I'm not sure if interviews will go into the weekend unless training directors are in need of more applicants.

Rejection email from a site 25 minutes before an interview (with a different site). I was already in the zone and now I'm 'shook' lol. What have I done to anger the gods so?

Milwaukee VA rejection email 6am Pacific time

I know they always say good sites always have slots open in round 2 for various reasons, just like good candidates often don't get matched, but if a site takes 4 interns a year and they have 3 spots open in round 2, should that be concerning?

I know they always say good sites always have slots open in round 2 for various reasons, just like good candidates often don't get matched, but if a site takes 4 interns a year and they have 3 spots open in round 2, should that be concerning?

Not necessarily this year. There were many more positions offered than applicants. Many sites that have never had a problem matching, usually within their top 10, are in Phase II due to the shifting dynamics of lower numbers of applicants relative to spots. It used to be the opposite.

VA Iliana Health System rejection. Just reached out to confirm status.

I haven't heard from NC State either.
Same...still waiting to hear from 5 sites including NC State, Johns Hopkins University Counseling Center (which I've seen posted on here...so I'm not sure if that means I'll get rejected or not), George Washington University Counseling Center, George Mason University Counseling Center, and Duke Medical Center. :arghh: Trying to stay positive...:yeahright:

It seems like it is getting late in the game to invite as we rank next Monday. I would be shocked if a site contacted today but who knows!

Same...still waiting to hear from 5 sites including NC State, Johns Hopkins University Counseling Center (which I've seen posted on here...so I'm not sure if that means I'll get rejected or not), George Washington University Counseling Center, George Mason University Counseling Center, and Duke Medical Center. :arghh: Trying to stay positive...:yeahright:

Same! I pretty much gave up on Johns Hopkins when I saw it on here but I’ve been holding out hope for George Washington, George Mason, and Georgia state :shrug:. It’s getting harder

Ugh, I saw that.. I guess I was just hopeful that they hadn't sent all of them out on that day

Man...So many sites have Ghosted us.. It kills me that we don't get rejection emails this round as I still somewhat am holding out hope that an email will appear in my inbox

Man...So many sites have Ghosted us.. It kills me that we don't get rejection emails this round as I still somewhat am holding out hope that an email will appear in my inbox

Ghosting isn't just for dating anymore...:confused: Strange that sites wouldn't send a simple rejection email, but our training director in my program told us that not hearing anything at all from sites would be likely as they are not required to notify us as they did in phase I. However, I would have thought sites would do the decent thing. Here's to hoping that no word now means they're getting ready to send an interview invite because we're still in consideration! :)

lol srrsly
i'm passively hoping for another invite and actively checking that phase 2 news just to make sure no accredited sites extend their deadlines (spoiler alert they haven't) ha

I hate that we can’t be picky at this stage (although I also feel lucky that there are so many great options). I’ve had some wonderful interviews and some really really awful ones...I think you get a good glimpse into the program by how the interview process goes. But then I’m not actually going to NOT rank places that don’t make a great impression...ugh. Hope you’re all hanging in there.

Reactions: 5 users
Just submitted my (tentative) rankings. Anyone else feeling kind of bummed/worried/pessimistic now that interviews have died down? When I submitted my rankings, the bottom of the page was a reminder of my Phase I results, and the words "regret to inform you..." I want to be hopeful about matching, but know that it's still a possibility it won't work out in Phase II. And I feel like in post match vacancy there REALLY won't be anything I'll want to apply to. So it'll be another year of putting my life on hold....

Just submitted my (tentative) rankings. Anyone else feeling kind of bummed/worried/pessimistic now that interviews have died down? When I submitted my rankings, the bottom of the page was a reminder of my Phase I results, and the words "regret to inform you..." I want to be hopeful about matching, but know that it's still a possibility it won't work out in Phase II. And I feel like in post match vacancy there REALLY won't be anything I'll want to apply to. So it'll be another year of putting my life on hold....

I had the same reaction upon submitting my rankings last night

Last edited: