2018 APPIC Internship Phase II - onward and upward!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Re: the “what happened in Phase I” question…

I didn’t mean to leave a post that generated that much discussion and then abandon the conversation! I truly appreciate everyone’s feedback – whether for levity, clarity, or support. I do want to comment that when I originally posted, it came from a place of defensiveness and I do recognize the value in the question (although after much reflection I still feel the question could have been worded a little better and asked with a better tone). As rankings are locked in tonight, I want to thank everyone again for coming in to check in on us going through Phase II. Everyone who matched in Phase I/is a TD/is in a different phase in their career, did not need to, but kindly came to this thread to check-in, provide support, provide knowledge, etc. It often feels like we’re all in this little vortex that few people outside of graduate studies in psychology understand, and it is nice to come to this space and be able to (virtually) speak with others who know how this process can be.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 11 users
Re: the “what happened in Phase I” question…

I didn’t mean to leave a post that generated that much discussion and then abandon the conversation! I truly appreciate everyone’s feedback – whether for levity, clarity, or support. I do want to comment that when I originally posted, it came from a place of defensiveness and I do recognize the value in the question (although after much reflection I still feel the question could have been worded a little better and asked with a better tone). As rankings are locked in tonight, I want to thank everyone again for coming in to check in on us going through Phase II. Everyone who matched in Phase I/is a TD/is in a different phase in their career, did not need to, but kindly came to this thread to check-in, provide support, provide knowledge, etc. It often feels like we’re all in this little vortex that few people outside of graduate studies in psychology understand, and it is nice to come to this space and be able to (virtually) speak with others who know how this process can be.
this is beautiful!

Reactions: 1 users
Well, good luck everyone! The rankings are in and I hope we all end up at sites that we all love! I know the next week is going to be tough but we can do it! #forumfam

Reactions: 13 users
Members don't see this ad :)
YES! Good luck to all! I truly hope we all end up at sites that, at the end of the training year, make us go "man, I'm really happy it worked out this way" :love:

Reactions: 8 users
I told a training director the other day that I’m trying to remember ambiguity is good for personal growth. And that I hoped this period of personal growth would be over Monday! I hope the same for all of you! :)

Reactions: 6 users
I told a training director the other day that I’m trying to remember ambiguity is good for personal growth. And that I hoped this period of personal growth would be over Monday! I hope the same for all of you! :)

Exactly! I'm reminding myself that adversity can build resiliency (but i'm getting a little tired of being resilient TBH). I'm excited to hear good news for everyone come Monday

Reactions: 4 users
Good luck, all! I’m rooting for you!

1m6os8.jpg

Reactions: 5 users
5. Days.

Attachments

• 4EAA89BC-1F88-4B0C-913D-9225E57111F1.jpeg
    4EAA89BC-1F88-4B0C-913D-9225E57111F1.jpeg
    61.8 KB · Views: 80
Anyone else hoping Greg "accidently" releases the results on Friday?

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else hoping Greg "accidently" releases the results on Friday?
Like why not Friday afernoon - what checking will they do over the weekend?

Reactions: 2 users
On today's episode of 'As The Match Software Computes'...

They seemed to incredibly enthusiastic about me, but are they really, or where they just buttering all of their applicants up so we would all rank them highly and then they would have their pick of the litter?

#NeuroticismOnFleek

Wishing the most amazing things for all of you!! I'll be thinking of you all over the next few days!!!
giphy.gif

Good luck everybody! You are all rock stars!!!

Wahhh it’s the 26th. Chances of decent sleep tonight are looking slimmer and slimmer. Good luck to everyone!!!

Woke up at 4:46 and thus began the longest(24 at present) minutes of my life :help:

Reactions: 9 users
I matched (my #2, which would’ve been #1 if it were slightly closer to my partner) and I am just overwhelmingly relieved and overjoyed. This process is FINALLY over!!!! I hope you all get to celebrate too on this lovely Monday!!!

Congrats to everyone who matched!!! Unfortunately I did not. Back to the drawing board

Long journey ends today! Matched to my #1.

Life feels good and I can finally breathe now that I have matched!!!!!!!

Congrats to everyone who matched!!! Unfortunately I did not. Back to the drawing board

Ugh...I am so sorry to hear that. I wish you the best in the next steps. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if some nice programs are still unfilled in the post-match vacancy...

Matched to my #1! I can breathe now!!!!

Thanks everyone for Phase II support :love:

Matched to my first choice!! Thank you to everyone for all of your support, it has been great connecting with so many brilliant future psychologists across the country and in Canada. Congrats to everyone who matched!!! For anyone participating in the post vacancy phase, you got this- I hope that there are amazing sites out there for you and that this round is more successful!

Just recovered my password for this site to say thank you to onwardsandup for this thread and to express my appreciation for the information and encouragement it provided.

I am really sorry to hear that you haven't yet found an internship. I'm wishing you well today.

I am sorry that this phase did not work out for you. If I have information about any of the sites in the next round, I will be sure to share with you. Wishing you all the best!

Reactions: 3 users
:soexcited:#wandsite!!! Matched with my number 1!!!!

I feel your pain...I also did not match. We're not alone! We'll find sites in the post-match that are better suited to us :)

Sorry to hear about the unmatched news. Seems that Canada still has quite a few accredited spots available. Welcome to apply for Canadian internship sites!

Do we wait for the TD to contact us or do we reach out? If we reach out, do we just say we're excited to have matched to their program?

Do we wait for the TD to contact us or do we reach out? If we reach out, do we just say we're excited to have matched to their program?
Nevermind just got the call!

I know a lot of folks are posting similar sentiments, but I just wanted to thank y'all for your support through Phase II. I don't think I would have made it without you. #forumfam! Congrats to the others that matched! For those of you who did not, this is such a confusing and overwhelming process that often leaves good candidates falling through the cracks. You will find you place and in its right time.

Regardless if you are matched or unmatched, I'll be raising my margarita up to you today. You've made it this far!!

Reactions: 9 users
WOOHOO we survived! I also matched to my top choice! #wandsite It all worked out in the end and I greatly appreciate all of the #forumfam support these last few weeks! This site ended up being way better than my phase 1 sites so I am beyond thrilled!!!

It's been such a huge relief to have this forum throughout phase 2. I'm coming from a program that has very few other students (no less students applying for internship), I value that you all were here to share information and reactions and presence and all the things. Thank you all.

For anyone interested in Kingston Internship Consortium-- I interviewed with them in Phase II and found it to be a fantastic placement and actually ranked it quite high. Feel free to DM me for more info!

Reactions: 1 user
Man! So sorry! Will be keeping my fingers crossed for you during post match – last summer they seemed to have a good accredited sites pop in unexpectedly through early July.

Interview invites:
Kansas City VA (3/9, 3 individual interviews)
NPTC Pain / IBD (3/5, skype)
NPTC St. Josephs Medical Center (3/5, skype)
Providence Family medicine in Alaska (3/12, skype)
Hefner VA (3/7, phone interview)
Milwaukee VA (3/8, phone interview)
Minneapolis VA (3/12, phone interview)
NICPP (no date yet, 2 Sep interviews)
Stone Mountain Health services (no date yet, phone/skype)
Samaritan Health Services (3/12, skype interview)

Why couldn't I be this lucky during phase I. Still waiting to hear back from sites :O
Hello I'm new to this forum. I see you had a Skpe interview with Providence Family Medicine Center. I have an interview on Monday. Any advice?

Reactions: 1 user