2019-2020 Chicago Med at Rosalind Franklin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So I received a confirmation of submission email and to my knowledge everything else (MCAT, CASPer, and LORs) are in, but my app checklist is still listed as 'awaiting.' Is this normal? Submitted on the 15th.
I submitted the 17th and my checklist still says “awaiting”!

Where are you guys finding this checklist?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
This school used to be Canadian friendly, but on MSAR it says that they don't accept Canadians anymore. Is the MSAR wrong or does anyone know what happened between last year and now?

Straight from their website:

Are applicants from outside the U.S. eligible for admissions?

Beginning with the 2019-20 cycle, Chicago Medical School applicants must be U.S. citizens, hold a permanent resident visa or be eligible for the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) process of the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services at the time of application submission.

Straight from their website:

Are applicants from outside the U.S. eligible for admissions?

Beginning with the 2019-20 cycle, Chicago Medical School applicants must be U.S. citizens, hold a permanent resident visa or be eligible for the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) process of the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services at the time of application submission.
:(

Just received the “supplemental application received” email! Submitted 7/17

Members don't see this ad :)
Odd.
Submitted:7/11
Complete: 7/18
Received email:7/26

Huh?
I don't know, but I submitted my secondary last night and just got the "application received" email. My checklist also says received:happy:

I don't know, but I submitted my secondary last night and just got the "application received" email. My checklist also says received:happy:

+1, also submitted last night and received that email today

My status finally changed to "received". Submitted 7/16.

The checklist is on the main screen of the RFU Connect application portal.

Nice pic, I put Phish as a hobby on one of my secondaries!

Hey guys, how long after submitting your primary did you get the secondary?

So, how bad is it if you receive a reminder email to complete the secondary? Does that mean I'm taking too long with it? It's been 2 weeks and 2 days, but I plan to submit today

So, how bad is it if you receive a reminder email to complete the secondary? Does that mean I'm taking too long with it? It's been 2 weeks and 2 days, but I plan to submit today
I get the impression that if the two week deadline was actually a deal-breaker they wouldn't send out the reminder at all. I'm pretty sure you're good

I get the impression that if the two week deadline was actually a deal-breaker they wouldn't send out the reminder at all. I'm pretty sure you're good

Oh, I did not think of it like that. Thanks for giving me peace of mind

2 questions regarding the secondary:

1) For that challenge question, what do you all think about just talking about one adversity I've had (sig one in middle school) and focusing on how I've grown from it? Or are they moreso looking for a list of adversities?

2) Did any of you all intertwine specific CMS info in your diversity essay? Feel like I should but idk if that would be too forced.
For your first question, I would imagine quality over quantity would be best, and showing how you've grown from adversity is absolutely key. That being said, depending on what your specific experience is something from middle school might be a little distant for that essay.

For the diversity one, I didn't really but n=1. I think because the diversity question is more about *you* it's ok not to be super school-specific. Besides, it's a pretty short essay and I had trouble even fitting my main point in satisfactorily.

Submitted 7/23
Complete and ready for review 8/2

So I got an email 7/26 my application was received... and everything says received on RFU connect but still no "secondary complete" email. Is the complete email different than the received email? How do I know if they are missing something in my file?

When I look back at my completed secondary, my multiple (two) paragraphs have been condensed into a single paragraph. Anyone else having this issue? Is this how they're going to see it on their end?

When I look back at my completed secondary, my multiple (two) paragraphs have been condensed into a single paragraph. Anyone else having this issue? Is this how they're going to see it on their end?

I would not worry about this. If this is how the ADCOM views your responses for some reason, they will clearly know it’s a technical error and not an error on the applicant’s part.

Submitted 7/26; complete email 8/3

Just got the complete email 8/4, submitted 7/23

I took my CASPer test July 18th and my score has been out for some time, yet my checklist says they are still awaiting my CASPer score. Do you think I should call/ email them?

I took my CASPer test July 18th and my score has been out for some time, yet my checklist says they are still awaiting my CASPer score. Do you think I should call/ email them?

Took mine the same day and mine says that too even though it’s marked received at other schools

Reactions: 2 users
Does anybody know what the "Pending future score report" checklist section means??

+2. Checked the website it says missing lors. I checked AMcas if i had missed attaching lors to the school. No I had submitted them correctly. Need to call them tommorrow.

Now they emailed me telling me I have materials missing lol
same, im so confused because I had already gotten an email saying my application is complete and is ready for committee review

+2. Checked the website it says missing lors. I checked AMcas if i had missed attaching lors to the school. No I had submitted them correctly. Need to call them tommorrow.
same, im so confused because I had already gotten an email saying my application is complete and is ready for committee review

Where are you guys seeing this info in the portal? I received a complete email ages ago but I only have two items in my portal. I have the Chicago Medical School Supplemental with a green check mark and official score report with a green check mark. Should I be worried that I don’t see anything for the Casper test or LOR’s?

Reactions: 8 users
Where are you guys seeing this info in the portal? I received a complete email ages ago but I only have two items in my portal. I have the Chicago Medical School Supplemental with a green check mark and official score report with a green check mark. Should I be worried that I don’t see anything for the Casper test or LOR’s?
Mine was the same for a while and I had two green checks for what you mentioned. Then just recently there appeared a third box for Casper and it says it is missing. I don’t have any box for LOR

I just got an email stating my application is complete and ready for review. I submitted the secondary on 7/30.

+1 let us know how it goes!

Just received email stating missing my LOR but I submitted them through amcas prior to submitting the secondary application? Has anyone else figured this out?

Just received email stating missing my LOR but I submitted them through amcas prior to submitting the secondary application? Has anyone else figured this out?

No, but the same thing happened to me. I emailed them and I’m waiting on a response

I've received the same issue with the LORs too and submitted 7/27. Were any of you able to hear back from admissions? I've called but looks like they're all busy.