2022-2023 University of Chicago (Pritzker)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Waitlisted! My interview went so well. A bummer. Good luck to everyone staying on the waitlist

Members don't see this ad.

Got an R, good luck to everyone else still in the running.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
post interview rejection. Thought this was honestly one of my best interviews, who knows

• Care
I got the phone call!!!!! Bless up manifestation works yall :)

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Post II R… and that just about wraps up my cycle…fun ride to say the least

Members don't see this ad :)
Post II R super bummed but congrats to everyone accepted and good luck to those still holding out hope for the waitlist!!!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know where we should send a LOI? Unsure if I should upload it to the update portal or not.
That's where I uploaded mine! (And the admissions person mentioned it during my acceptance call so I know they got it) They get an email when you upload things there so no need to let them know that you sent one.

Reactions: 1 users
Do we know when merit scholarship info will be released? Are we required to submit FAFSA in order to be eligible?

I have been in contact with the financial aid office and if you do FAFSA + the Pritzker FA application they should release initial offers on 3/17

Is there an accepted students facebook group?

Does anyone know if Pritzker matches scholarship offers from other schools? (Not that I have any lmao)

• Hmm
Sometimes depends on how much they want you to attend
Ok but it's not a policy or anything that they don't? Just asking because the other school I interviewed at straight up told us on our interview day that they don't match offers

Ok but it's not a policy or anything that they don't? Just asking because the other school I interviewed at straight up told us on our interview day that they don't match offers
With one acceptance at this point you have no bargaining power. AMCAS schools can now see whether you have other acceptances or not. I don’t know where you’re going with this question, but don’t snatch defeat from the jaws of victory

With one acceptance at this point you have no bargaining power. AMCAS schools can now see whether you have other acceptances or not. I don’t know where you’re going with this question, but don’t snatch defeat from the jaws of victory
I'm pretty sure CYMS only sends aggregate data until April 30? Also I'm just asking because I'm stuck at home quarantining bored out of my mind with nothing to do except wait for my acceptance packet and my other post-II decision and it's a question other people are likely to have, I may as well be the one to ask it so other people have that info

Lmao wendy_edgeworth was just asking. Many other post-II decisions have yet to come out, so they may eventually be in a position where they could bargain

I'm pretty sure CYMS only sends aggregate data until April 30? Also I'm just asking because I'm stuck at home quarantining bored out of my mind with nothing to do except wait for my acceptance packet and my other post-II decision and it's a question other people are likely to have, I may as well be the one to ask it so other people have that info
Even with just the aggregate data, if you were to “innocently” ask your school if they would match a scholarship offer from another school, they could look and see @wendy_edgeworth has no other acceptances, what is she trying to pull here?”

• Dislike
Even with just the aggregate data, if you were to “innocently” ask your school if they would match a scholarship offer from another school, they could look and see @wendy_edgeworth has no other acceptances, what is she trying to pull here?”
That's why I'm asking the good people of SDN if they happen to know the policy and not the admissions office 😉

I don’t think they were gonna try to scam UChicago into giving them a scholarship but go off I guess😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
they match scholarships sometimes they do not have any policies against it from what I know .

Second look here is April 13th right?
It's that weekend for sure, someone said earlier it was the 13th-14th but when they called me they mentioned they had activities planned for the 14th and possibly the 15th? Sounds like the exact schedule is tbd

Anybody know when financial aid packages will come out? And any info on like a FB group or GroupMe?

just got a scholarship email and I am unbelievably happy...literal dream come true😭😭:love:

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
If we didn't get an email are we not getting a scholarship :/ or are they going out gradually