2019-2020 Stanford

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For what it's worth I got my phone call super late (like 7 pm west coast time)

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Interviewed early January for MD only (non-berg) and haven’t heard back

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Since they started yesterday, do we think the rest come out today? or Friday?
Maybe rather than a big acceptance wave, they’ve been accepting a few at a time this week? Or maybe my speculation is just to keep the hope alive.

Your boy is failing miserably at trying not to get his hopes up for a call today.

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
The group is at 110 members now, which is an increase of 6 in the last 1-2 days, which makes me think more than 1 acceptance went out yesterday

• Haha
Accepted MD via phone call Wednesday evening (interviewed Berg, but haven't heard about that). Has anyone heard about Berg specifically before or now?

• Love
So Yale is mailing accepted students school swag since second look will be virtual... can we expect a Stanford shirt in the mail? *puppy eyes*

Does Stanford usually give swag during second look? Any current students here that can comment on the previous years' events? I mean I know this is trivial stuff to be discussing, but the whole t-shirt thing has always been a milestone for me (and the new email address too). So I just wanna know if I need to buy one myself or if I can ask admissions for one to be mailed to me.

Does Stanford usually give swag during second look? Any current students here that can comment on the previous years' events? I mean I know this is trivial stuff to be discussing, but the whole t-shirt thing has always been a milestone for me (and the new email address too). So I just wanna know if I need to buy one myself or if I can ask admissions for one to be mailed to me.

butwhytho?

Sorry, I had to.

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven’t received any email or decision either. 1/10 interview

Accepted MD via phone call Wednesday evening (interviewed Berg, but haven't heard about that). Has anyone heard about Berg specifically before or now?
So, I talked with PJ, and he said they are debating whether they are going to release Berg decisions at all...He said, at this point in time, they likely won't make any acceptances for Berg until after we would have to make a decision (probably during MS1), but he said that it is subject to change and that he is going to update us by second look.

Definitely complicates decision making (at least for me)

Reactions: 1 users
WL interviewed 2/6

I know more uncertainty sucks (especially when the world is being chaotic) but getting a WL here is huge/remarkable and if you're in the same boat as me pls take a second to appreciate yourself! I see you!

It looks like they're sending out notifications over a long period of time today. WL as well

A, no word from MSTP, feb 21 interview

• Love
Anyone has input on whether those of us who weren't WLed should expect a phone call over the weekend? Or a "sorry, just kidding" WL on Monday?

Hey guys, for the waitlist, are you supposed to do anything to accept your position on the waitlist? (I don't see any such options on the portal. It just says I'm on the waitlist.) And does Stanford accept more updates once you've been placed on the waitlist, or was that initial period after interviewing the only time when you could provide updates? Thanks guys!
I don’t think we have to do anything for the waitlist.

Does anyone know if we get notified of the decision either way while on the waitlist? Or is it just if we get accepted?

Not sure if this is different from school to school or if there is something that most schools do.

Thanks!

119 members in the group now... hoping the rest of us hear back soon

Can those who've had no communication whatsoever post-interview like this post?

Does anyone know if we get notified of the decision either way while on the waitlist? Or is it just if we get accepted?

Not sure if this is different from school to school or if there is something that most schools do.

Thanks!

last year they gave out rejections in mid/late may. it seems like most/all of WL movement happens first week of may.

Does anyone know if Stanford accepts letters of intent while on the waitlist? Do these letters have to include “significant updates”?

Thank you!!