2019-2020 Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine (Middletown Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
thank you so much. any advice for interview prep? really really want this interview to go well lol.
as cliche as this sounds, just relax, be honest, and most importantly be yourself. I had a positive interview experience. my interviewers were not only pleasant but encouraging. be prepared to answer "why medicine? why touro?" and speak about your application. I can't speak for everyone but I didn't receive any tricky or tough questions. hope this helps put you at ease.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
thank you so much. any advice for interview prep? really really want this interview to go well lol.

I didn’t get any confusing questions but I did have two intetviewers- one good cop and one bad cop. The “bad cop” grilled me about my application a bit and I wasn’t sure how it went. Ultimately, I ended up getting accepted. Just be prepared that you might feel a bit of pressure but it’s not indicative of how you’re doing.

Reactions: 2 users
Hi all, I will be interviewing here later this month. I would like to know which airport did you guys fly to and how is transportation there? Like is uber/lyft available around the school's area, especially at night?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all, I will be interviewing here later this month. I would like to know which airport did you guys fly to and how is transportation there? Like is uber/lyft available around the school's area, especially at night?
I just got my reminder email for my interview next week, and admissions specifically said that Uber is not readily available in the area, which sucks. There is a taxi service in town tho. For those who’ve already interviewed, did you have a good experience with taxis or should I rent a car?

I just got my reminder email for my interview next week, and admissions specifically said that Uber is not readily available in the area, which sucks. There is a taxi service in town tho. For those who’ve already interviewed, did you have a good experience with taxis or should I rent a car?
I was able to use Uber multiple times while in Middletown for my interview so that's odd that they said that in an email.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone have any information on waitlist movement, and when this school usually has movement?

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone have any information on waitlist movement, and when this school usually has movement?
I called yesterday and they said historically late march early april movement begins and that we have a light ranking essentially in groups that they come to first with movement. also they will not tell you your position or "group". i hope this helps!

does this school require dorming during 1st year or are you free to live off campus?

Would any current students be able to speak to how involved med students are in research at Touro Middletown? Having a hard time getting a definite answer from the website. Thanks!

Does Frank Rose usually respond to update/interest emails, or nah?

Hey everyone I'm officially going :) anyone else accepted and made their decision yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlist but I had a unique situation so I wouldn’t use my situation as a metric for WL movement
awesome congratulations again! thank you for easing my mini heart attack haha

Hey guys! Do you know if we can store luggage at the school while we attend interview day?

They
Hey guys! Do you know if we can store luggage at the school while we attend interview day?
They have space for coats and luggage so you should be fine. Might be worth emailing them to give them a heads up

Hi all! I’m a current second year at Middletown so let me know any questions you guys have. Good luck!

Hi all! I’m a current second year at Middletown so let me know any questions you guys have. Good luck!
Hello! I’m not sure who to ask about this but I was wondering how the usmle becoming pass/fail would affect DO students especially when it comes to matching for residency?

Hello! I’m not sure who to ask about this but I was wondering how the usmle becoming pass/fail would affect DO students especially when it comes to matching for residency?
I would post that in pre-med DO forum.

According to reddit memes, it’s probably not going to help DO students. My class hasn’t really talked about it since it’s not affecting us.

I will be attending in the fall, and I will be living on campus. Any details you can give on the dorm rooms?

I will be attending in the fall, and I will be living on campus. Any details you can give on the dorm rooms?
I don’t live on campus so I really can’t say much about the dorms. I’ve never heard anyone complain about them though. As far as what there is to do on campus... not much lol. I think there’s a ping pong table and a small gym and food store.

Received an interview here on Friday. Scheduled for 3/2. Super excited. Super nervous. First interview I'll be attending of this cycle so far. Any tips?

I interviewed on Feb 3rd and I got waitlisted today. Was very upset bc I really liked what I saw. What you see on SDN and what you see in person are two totally different things.

Received an interview here on Friday. Scheduled for 3/2. Super excited. Super nervous. First interview I'll be attending of this cycle so far. Any tips?

Just stay relaxed and be yourself! Best of luck :)

I don’t live on campus so I really can’t say much about the dorms. I’ve never heard anyone complain about them though. As far as what there is to do on campus... not much lol. I think there’s a ping pong table and a small gym and food store.
Do you like living off-campus? I know it's not recommended for the first year but I was planning on living off-campus as well. Do most people live in Middletown or does anyone commute from neighboring towns like Goshen?

Do you like living off-campus? I know it's not recommended for the first year but I was planning on living off-campus as well. Do most people live in Middletown or does anyone commute from neighboring towns like Goshen?
I live about 10 minutes from campus and I haven't had any complaints living off campus. Most of the students I know that live off campus are in Middletown. Goshen is 5 miles away so you'd be fine there. You generally need to be on campus 3-4 days a week and there isn't much traffic so living even 30 minutes away would be pretty easy. The only negative about living off campus at this school is housing is kind of expensive ($1000+ for a 1 bed room). Everyone I know has a roommate.

I live about 10 minutes from campus and I haven't had any complaints living off campus. Most of the students I know that live off campus are in Middletown. Goshen is 5 miles away so you'd be fine there. You generally need to be on campus 3-4 days a week and there isn't much traffic so living even 30 minutes away would be pretty easy. The only negative about living off campus at this school is housing is kind of expensive ($1000+ for a 1 bed room). Everyone I know has a roommate.
Is there a Facebook page for housing/students?