2019-2020 University of Tennessee

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
According to Miss Harris they did make all final decisions on May 8th. Those of you who are not accepted can still get a call any day as the accepted students still have not given the option to formally decline the acceptance. There is still movement left to be made.
Not sure what “the option to formally decline the acceptance means,” but I like the rest of what you said

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Like UTHSC does everything physically in the mail so they are mailing you an acceptance packet with the matriculation agreement. None of the recent accepted students were sent anything after the phone call. Including any emails

Reactions: 1 users
but are you saying other than that, the people who got calls are the only ones who got acceptances from that last meeting on may 8?

Unfortunately it seems that way. They could still discuss applications tomorrow as well. They seem to be not following all the dates anyways. I don't think hope is lost at all for those on hold. We are going to see a lot more movement May 18th (or when they get the actual acceptance form) as well when all the recent accepted students make their decisions.

Members don't see this ad :)
Unfortunately it seems that way. They could still discuss applications tomorrow as well. They seem to be not following all the dates anyways. I don't think hope is lost at all for those on hold. We are going to see a lot more movement May 18th (or when they get the actual acceptance form) as well when all the recent accepted students make their decisions.
But we should assume that everyone who was on hold and accepted straight off of hold was already notified and the rest of us will be put on an alternate list and then accepted off of that as spots are available?

But we should assume that everyone who was on hold and accepted straight off of hold was already notified and the rest of us will be put on an alternate list and then accepted off of that as spots are available?
I’m on hold and did not get a call. I think it means that those of us who were not called are on the waitlist

Reactions: 4 users
I got an email this morning from Ms. Harris that my acceptance packet is on the way. Hopefully this means decisions have been sent out for everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
Hey yall, I recently got accepted an thus did my FAFSA this week. However, on the financial aid website it says FAFSA was due March 15th. Does this means I won’t quality for loans and other financial aid?

Hey yall, I recently got accepted an thus did my FAFSA this week. However, on the financial aid website it says FAFSA was due March 15th. Does this means I won’t quality for loans and other financial aid?
No, you’ll be just fine! you definitely should still be eligible. Just complete FAFSA now :)

Should we expect to hear anything from today? Or is it waiting for the mailed letter at this point?

I’m just waiting to get a letter saying I’m on the WL at this point
Same. I'm assuming we have to wait until we actually receive the letter to ask where we are on the waitlist? Which is a bummer since we don't know when we'll get the letters. I signed up for informed mail delivery so I already know it's not coming today.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I’m incredibly tempted to go ahead and email to ask about my spot on the waitlist.

Reactions: 8 users
Anybody notified today via email about a letter in the mail? Should we expect a notification from Diane?

• Hmm
Anybody notified today via email about a letter in the mail? Should we expect a notification from Diane?

I emailed about that last year and they told me. I wouldn’t worry about upsetting them. They are so nice. Of course still be extremely polite :)

Edit: Whoops, I meant to reply to Chickenluv27!

I emailed about that last year and they told me. I wouldn’t worry about upsetting them. They are so nice. Of course still be extremely polite :)

Edit: Whoops, I meant to reply to Chickenluv27!
That's awesome! You emailed them before they sent the letter?

That's awesome! You emailed them before they sent the letter?

If I am remembering correctly...I have repressed most of my memories of last cycle. But I think some people had already gotten their letters, mine just hadn’t come yet and I was too impatient to keep waiting

Can anyone restate what the email said from Diane Harris about when letters would be sent out? I was put “on hold” on May 2nd. I never received the email about being reviewed or that all decisions had been made. Some people in the thread have mentioned May 15 and some May 18th. Just wondering... even though I think we are all expecting bad news

Can anyone restate what the email said from Diane Harris about when letters would be sent out? I was put “on hold” on May 2nd. I never received the email about being reviewed or that all decisions had been made. Some people in the thread have mentioned May 15 and some May 18th. Just wondering... even though I think we are all expecting bad news
I interviewed April 29th, and got my interview packet and letter in the mail May 8th. It was stamped May 6th. The letter said I am "on hold" and the committee will make all final decisions May 8th, with letters being sent no later than May 18th.

Accepted via phone call this morning! OOS. Any cool stuff in the acceptance packet?

Reactions: 8 users
I went ahead and emailed Mr. Strother to ask about my position on the waitlist, but haven’t gotten a response which is surprising because he is usually so quick. Probably should have waited to get the physical wait list letter haha

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted via phone call this morning! OOS. Any cool stuff in the acceptance packet?

Congrats!!! And I haven’t received my acceptance packet yet—I got accepted last week. Hopefully it got sent to the right address

I actually just got an email from Diane Harris. Says my final decision letter was mailed today (19th)

Got my acceptance packet this afternoon. I live 15 minutes away from the school.

Reactions: 3 users
Got my acceptance packet today as well. Just included the letter of acceptance and the form to sign to confirm acceptance as well as the next steps to do sheet.

Did anyone else see that the alternate list is holding 267 applicants this year? Seems like a lot considering it was around 200 the past couple years

• Wow
It’s on the stats page titled “Profile of the 2019 admitted class.” Has the # of waitlisted students on the left hand side
I thought that was the number of acceptances offered? Am I missing something?

It’s on the stats page titled “Profile of the 2019 admitted class.” Has the # of waitlisted students on the left hand side

It’s 2020 doe

(Also that’s the number of admitted students).

1st acceptance packet == large chocolate bar
2nd (once confirmed, or maybe it was just for accepted students when they canceled 2nd look) = Memphis goodies box. Yeti style UTHSC mug, sunglasses, memphis tea from one of our "famous" tea shops, something barbq related (can't remember).

1st acceptance packet == large chocolate bar
2nd (once confirmed, or maybe it was just for accepted students when they canceled 2nd look) = Memphis goodies box. Yeti style UTHSC mug, sunglasses, memphis tea from one of our "famous" tea shops, something barbq related (can't remember).
Bruh I did not get anything else besides the papers. I want my chocolate lol

Bruh I did not get anything else besides the papers. I want my chocolate lol
Yo the chocolate was the bomb and I hope y’all get that too. Plus the nice swag from the cancelled second look.

Just got the final decision letter (live in Memphis), and it's an alternate as expected. The FAQ they include says that most alternate movement takes place in early May - does that hold true for this cycle? Or since they just sent out final decisions, do you think that alternate movement will be starting later?