2020-2021 A.T. Still University (Kirksville, Missouri) ATSU-KCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pre-ii R! Good luck everyone :)
Is hold the same thing?

I got an email that placed me on hold, does that mean R also?

Members don't see this ad.

Is hold the same thing?

I got an email that placed me on hold, does that mean R also?
No that just means they're planning on looking at your application at a later time. I'm pretty sure you still have a chance. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Reactions: 1 users
Well, I definitely thought I had gotten rejected pre-II but I just got an interview! Complete 8/30.

Will be declining, but for anyone out there still waiting and wondering it's not over!
Before you decline could you please do me a favor and check for the available interview dates and please let me know? Thank you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 1/11 and just received an Accepted Pending Space email. For those interested in wording:

“Congratulations! You have been approved for acceptance to the Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine pending the availability of a seat. Currently seats in the Class of 2025, beginning in July of 2021 are filled, but not all are secured by a deposit. We are continuing to interview and will fill seats as needed from our waitlist. We are offering you a guaranteed acceptance for classes beginning in July of 2022, if a seat does not become available in the upcoming class. You would not need to reapply, interview or go through any additional processing prior to admittance. You should be ready to accept a seat in the July 2021 class if offered to you.”

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Interviewed 1/11 and just received an Accepted Pending Space email. For those interested in wording:

“Congratulations! You have been approved for acceptance to the Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine pending the availability of a seat. Currently seats in the Class of 2025, beginning in July of 2021 are filled, but not all are secured by a deposit. We are continuing to interview and will fill seats as needed from our waitlist. We are offering you a guaranteed acceptance for classes beginning in July of 2022, if a seat does not become available in the upcoming class. You would not need to reapply, interview or go through any additional processing prior to admittance. You should be ready to accept a seat in the July 2021 class if offered to you.”
Congrats !! Really exciting :)

Interviewed 15Jan2021--called to ask my status and was told that they should have an answer out early next week! Fingers crossed!

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted and placed on the APS list. Acceptance email said the class was full

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted pending seat as well!
interviewed 15jan2021
Complete 7aug 2020
II received 30Sep2021

Hey guys!

I was wondering if it would be okay for me to email admissions to ask about the status of my application? I have been complete since 10/08/20 but have not heard anything back.

Thank you; congrats to everyone with an A and good luck to those applying as well!

Last edited:
Hey guys!

I was wondering if it would be okay for me to email admissions to ask about the status of my application? I have been complete since 10/08/20 but have not heard anything back.

Thank you; congrats to everyone with an A and good luck to those applying as well!
Go for it! I don’t think it would hurt to ask for an update

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted into Class of 2025!
Interviewed: 1/8/21
Primary: 8/4/20
Secondary: 9/8/20

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 10 users
Just got put on hold! Good luck and congrats to everyone! Completed secondary 2 October 2020

• Care
How important is it to attend the informal event which is on the evening before the actual interview day? I have a small conflict, so just curious. Is it as important as the interview day?

How important is it to attend the informal event which is on the evening before the actual interview day? I have a small conflict, so just curious. Is it as important as the interview day?
I didn’t go and I got the A

what is the informal event? I got an II, but nothing for another event
In you ii email, at the bottom there should be some text that should talk about an informal event for the evening prior to the interview date in which you can have your family and friends attend too.

If it is not there, maybe the informal event could not be scheduled for you specific date because of conflicts.

Any news on decisions recently? I am curious what the earliest interview date is that has yet to hear back?

Does anyone know about clinical rotation site locations and quality for 3rd and 4th years ?

Accepted pending seat, does anyone know how this typically works and if it moves fast? I am confused if this is the same or different from waitlist. I hope it moves I am so excited about this school!!

Accepted pending seat, does anyone know how this typically works and if it moves fast? I am confused if this is the same or different from waitlist. I hope it moves I am so excited about this school!!
It’s a waitlist. I’ve been APS for about a month. So far they’ve said that people have been paying their deposit for seats so nothing has opened up. Based on previous years it seems that seats typically start opening in March and later into the spring.

It’s a waitlist. I’ve been APS for about a month. So far they’ve said that people have been paying their deposit for seats so nothing has opened up. Based on previous years it seems that seats typically start opening in March and later into the spring.
Thank you!

Would disagree that it’s really a waitlist. A waitlist is for a spot in the upcoming years class. If a spot doesn’t open for you that year, you don’t get into that school period. The pending seat list is to get a spot this year if it opens OR be guaranteed a spot in next year’s starting class without having to reapply/reinterview etc.

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know about clinical rotation site locations and quality for 3rd and 4th years ?

A list is posted on the website. Keep in mind that the list is extremely misleading, as several aren’t even offered anymore. Most sites are 4-5 students. I posted more info on this earlier.

Just try to audition a lot if you end up coming here.

A list is posted on the website. Keep in mind that the list is extremely misleading, as several aren’t even offered anymore. Most sites are 4-5 students. I posted more info on this earlier.

Thank you. Yes, I was surprised to learn that most sites just hold 2-8 spots. I was looking for my chances of getting back in illinois.

But most Illinois sites are apparently rural also.

Thank you. Yes, I was surprised to learn that most sites just hold 2-8 spots. I was looking for my chances of getting back in illinois.

But most Illinois sites are apparently rural also.

Bloomington/Normal, Quincy, Carbondale, and Peoria are current Illinois options. All with 5 spots or fewer spots. This year all but Carbondale were competitive.

Do you know anything about the Texas rotation site? Will be attending KCOM and currently live in Texas, looking to come back if I can

Do you know anything about the Texas rotation site? Will be attending KCOM and currently live in Texas, looking to come back if I can

Texas is competitive. It’s a new site and has a lot of residency options. Fellows have been taking several slots before it becomes available for the Lottery, and several students put it as first choice for the Lottery.

Texas is competitive. It’s a new site and has a lot of residency options. Fellows have been taking several slots before it becomes available for the Lottery, and several students put it as first choice for the Lottery.

Thank you for info, appreciate it!

Hey all, I tried to search past threads but didn't find a whole lot. For those of you who have interviewed, could you walk me through what the interview process looked like. What kind of questions were asked. What things do you wish you would have known going into the interview?

Hey all, I tried to search past threads but didn't find a whole lot. For those of you who have interviewed, could you walk me through what the interview process looked like. What kind of questions were asked. What things do you wish you would have known going into the interview?
Hi there! It was a pretty standard one-on-one interview. I was interviewed by 3 different faculty/staff members for 30 minutes each. I would recommend thoroughly going over your application as they referenced mine a number of times and even quoted a comment I made on my personal statement (which honestly I was really impressed with and liked!). The admissions staff was so kind and you interview alongside a small group so it's easy to speak up in the group! Good luck, you'll do great! :)

Hi there! It was a pretty standard one-on-one interview. I was interviewed by 3 different faculty/staff members for 30 minutes each. I would recommend thoroughly going over your application as they referenced mine a number of times and even quoted a comment I made on my personal statement (which honestly I was really impressed with and liked!). The admissions staff was so kind and you interview alongside a small group so it's easy to speak up in the group! Good luck, you'll do great! :)
I second everything in the above post, just be honest with them and speak of your passion and experiences. It is also a longer interview so have some water with you.

Would you say they were pretty standard interview questions like, Why DO, why ATSU, why medicine? Or were there any questions that caught you off guard?

Would you say they were pretty standard interview questions like, Why DO, why ATSU, why medicine? Or were there any questions that caught you off guard?
I would agree that they are standard, but every interview is a little different. Make sure you have thoughtful and invested responses to the typical questions. Just be honest and straight forward, no one is trying to trick you with some complicated patients scenarios. Make sure you read your application again like justasmaltownboy and try to relax

Does this school accept pre-II non-academic updates? I haven't heard a peep from them even though I've been complete since July. Also, does anyone know if they are still sending out II's?

Does this school accept pre-II non-academic updates? I haven't heard a peep from them even though I've been complete since July. Also, does anyone know if they are still sending out II's?
I'd say send the update it has been pretty long and the more info the better Don't know if they are still sending out II, I would assume the cycle will officially conclude late March to early April ( also not 100% sure when everything ends with COVID and all)

I sent one like 3/4 weeks ago and I got an II like a week later. I say go for it!

Hey guys what does a hold mean at this point? Do you think I'll still have a chance to be offered an interview?

Hey guys what does a hold mean at this point? Do you think I'll still have a chance to be offered an interview?
Pre interview holds I think mean they are interested in interviewing you, but need some time to compare you against other students. Post interview holds, are a toss up. I suppose it means they are also considering you for acceptance and or waitlist. I would consider it better than a rejection lol

I received a hold from ATSU-SOMA in October but haven't heard back since - I don't know the likelihood of receiving an II after one so there's always hope!!

Thank you both for the quick reply!! Yeah, I figured it was better than a straight-up rejection. Has anyone had any luck sending a pre-II letter of interest and subsequently receiving an interview? I don't have any significant updates.

Thank you both for the quick reply!! Yeah, I figured it was better than a straight-up rejection. Has anyone had any luck sending a pre-II letter of interest and subsequently receiving an interview? I don't have any significant updates.
Definitely send an update shows you're interested and still active in your commitments ( work, school, volunteering). I would send it soon rather than later as I suppose everything ends in March to early April