2021-2022 A.T. Still University (Kirksville, Missouri) ATSU-KCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So I got an email stating to be most competitive at an interview is to obtain 10-15 hours of direct osteopathic medicine shadowing. I’m not sure if I missed that prerequisite while researching for the school somewhere but on their website, I see only 100 hours needed and it’s not specified that it needs to be DO clinical hours. I have over 3000 hours from scribing MDs. Did anyone else have this issue?
Did the email mention that they would schedule an interview once you had your shadowing dates set up? If so, I got the same email last month and already interviewed! I also have like 4000+ hours from work, but needed DO shadowing.

Members don't see this ad.

Did the email mention that they would schedule an interview once you had your shadowing dates set up? If so, I got the same email last month and already interviewed! I also have like 4000+ hours from work, but needed DO shadowing.
Yes! They said they would schedule an interview once I was able to get the hours. Did you get an interview without the DO shadowing?

Yes! They said they would schedule an interview once I was able to get the hours. Did you get an interview without the DO shadowing?
I got my DO shadowing scheduled and they sent me official II. But you have to finish the shadowing hours before the actual date of the interview.

Did you email them for a status update? Or did they just randomly email you?

No, they just emailed me out of the blue.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Can any current students shed some light on what rotations are like here? I know the school is very well established, but are there good affiliations already with hospitals in the general area or do students often have to seek out rotation spots on their own/move frequently?
Hey @psych.pineapple I'm a first year medical student at KCOM. The way rotation sights work is there's a list of locations some have specific hospital associations such as "Mercy hospital south" and some are general locations like "Arizona". We do a form of match system so you rank your preferred location sight and go through a draw to determine what your location sight is. Some are in state some are out of state. You shouldn't have to seek out rotation spots to my knowledge. Hope this helps :)

Reactions: 2 users
Hey @psych.pineapple I'm a first year medical student at KCOM. The way rotation sights work is there's a list of locations some have specific hospital associations such as "Mercy hospital south" and some are general locations like "Arizona". We do a form of match system so you rank your preferred location sight and go through a draw to determine what your location sight is. Some are in state some are out of state. You shouldn't have to seek out rotation spots to my knowledge. Hope this helps :)
Thank you so much!!

Just got the call! Omg I bawled on the phone ahahahaha. I’m gonna be a doctor! Interviewed on 11/19, good luck to everyone else!

Reactions: 10 users
Got the call for the A around lunch time. Interviewed 11/19 in person.

Reactions: 6 users
Got a call earlier this morning to get an A. I was so stunned I wasn’t exactly sure what to say. Excited to become a physician!

Reactions: 4 users
Did anyone not put a number for a supervisor when listing clinical experiences in the secondary? I don't have the number of one of my supervisors, only email

II today! Looks like earliest dates are in Feb.

Reactions: 1 users
II today! Looks like earliest dates are in Feb.
In your email it gives you directions to be placed on the waitlist. I did this and was able to move my interview up almost 2 months!

Has anyone who interviewed on 11/15 heard back yet? I haven’t received an email or phone call and I see that those who interviewed on 11/19 have already been followed up with 😭 I would appreciate any insight! Thank you!

Has anyone who interviewed on 11/15 heard back yet? I haven’t received an email or phone call and I see that those who interviewed on 11/19 have already been followed up with 😭 I would appreciate any insight! Thank you!
I interviewed on 11/15

Members don't see this ad :)
I also interviewed 11/15 and haven’t heard back yet. Still a chance to get the call on Friday or next week. We got this!

I also interviewed 11/15 and haven’t heard back yet. Still a chance to get the call on Friday or next week. We got this!
Oooh this is good to know! Thank you so much, I appreciate the optimism and that definitely makes me feel better. The best of luck to you friend, hopefully we’ll receive good news ☺️

Have an interview here tomorrow and I am very nervous for it. I try to prepare for interviews and then still end the day feeling like I flubbed a question or two. I know it's three 30 minute interviews but any other last minute advice?

Have an interview here tomorrow and I am very nervous for it. I try to prepare for interviews and then still end the day feeling like I flubbed a question or two. I know it's three 30 minute interviews but any other last minute advice?
I interviewed here last week and the biggest piece of advice I can give you is just know your app well! All 3 interviewers knew my app very well and just wanted to talk about my experiences. Everyone was super friendly. You're going to crush it!! Don't stress too much. You got the interview and that's the hard part. Now they just want to get to know you!

Reactions: 3 users
Phone call at 8:48 this morning, I've been accepted! I interviewed two weeks ago (12/29). Happy to answer any questions!

*Edit* are there any Facebook groups or GroupMe links for the class of 2026 yet?

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
Oooh this is good to know! Thank you so much, I appreciate the optimism and that definitely makes me feel better. The best of luck to you friend, hopefully we’ll receive good news ☺️
Update to this - I received the call this morning! So incredibly grateful for an acceptance. I hope those of you pending to hear back from my interview group also received good news!

Last edited:
Got the call this morning as well (interviewed 11/15). Beyond excited!

Phone call at 8:48 this morning, I've been accepted! I interviewed two weeks ago (12/29). Happy to answer any questions!

*Edit* are there any Facebook groups or GroupMe links for the class of 2026 yet?
Yes there’s a facebook group, just search up ATSU-KCOM Class of 2026. The link isn’t shared until after the first deposit is paid, but I don’t see a reason why you can’t join it beforehand.

Congrats to everyone that got accepted today!

Just got the call!!!! Interviewed 12/6 in person!!

Reactions: 5 users
10 day turnaround! That is amazing. Congratulations!!!
Thank you!! I was very surprised to see a Kirksville number pop up this early. I figured it would be next week at the earliest. However, they said campus is open tomorrow but then closed until Jan 3 so that could be why!

I interviewed 12/10... I would love to get that christmas gift call tomorrow 🥺 I was nervous about my interview but I think I did awesome actually I really connected with my interviewers 🥺🥺🥺

Congrats!! When were you complete and generally what month did you submit your secondaries?
Thanks!! Secondary received 11/9, submitted secondary 11/10 and complete that same day

Thanks!! Secondary received 11/9, submitted secondary 11/10 and complete that same day
You must be an excellent applicant! I was complete the day after and it’s been radio silence.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
You must be an excellent applicant! I was complete the day after and it’s been radio silence.
Awwww thanks so much for saying that! That really means a lot especially since this is my third time applying. Trust me, I know how mentally tough this process is but it WILL happen for you! I know they interviewed into March last year so there is still plenty of time!! Happy to answer and questions you have

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone not received an II invite yet that was complete early September? I have lived in MO for 25 years and love this school. I have decent stats for the school and tons of EC’s and clinical. I even submitted an update letter. KCOM was one of my top choices, so pretty bummed I haven’t received an II. I’ve received 2 MD & 2 DO II, but not from here 😕

Has anyone not received an II invite yet that was complete early September? I have lived in MO for 25 years and love this school. I have decent stats for the school and tons of EC’s and clinical. I even submitted an update letter. KCOM was one of my top choices, so pretty bummed I haven’t received an II. I’ve received 2 MD & 2 DO II, but not from here 😕
Do you have a DO letter and DO shadowing? From what I have seen on this thread a few people had to get a certain number (I think 20??) of DO shadowing hours before their official II.

Do you have a DO letter and DO shadowing? From what I have seen on this thread a few people had to get a certain number (I think 20??) of DO shadowing hours before their official II.
I did see this mentioned in the thread, but it looks like the school reached out to them first in a “in order to be competitive” manner. I have not heard anything from them. I may call Monday and ask for a status update!

I did see this mentioned in the thread, but it looks like the school reached out to them first in a “in order to be competitive” manner. I have not heard anything from them. I may call Monday and ask for a status update!
That makes sense! I know campus is closed until Jan 3rd but definitely call! They are all super nice in admissions so I'm sure they would be willing to give you one

Does anyone know whether or not KCOM gives students stethoscopes or do we have to buy our own before orientation?

Does anyone know whether or not KCOM gives students stethoscopes or do we have to buy our own before orientation?
You are given a stethoscope and a whole bag full of doctor stuff during orientation!

Reactions: 6 users
Does anyone know if there has been a GroupMe created for accepted students? I know there's a Facebook group but I don't have a Facebook account

Does anyone know if there has been a GroupMe created for accepted students? I know there's a Facebook group but I don't have a Facebook account
I don’t think so, you could try to make one.

Is the secondary given to everyone who is above 2.8 cGPA and sGPA?

There is a facebook page for KCOM class of 2026. It has other students and faculty within it. You’re required to enter a reason, you can just put you’re an accepted student and admin will let you in.

Hi all! By chance has anyone else from the 12/6 interview date heard anything? And congrats to the one who posted that was accepted!! I wonder if we talked haha, I liked our group of interviewees a lot :)

Hi all! By chance has anyone else from the 12/6 interview date heard anything? And congrats to the one who posted that was accepted!! I wonder if we talked haha, I liked our group of interviewees a lot :)
Thank you!!! I really appreciate that and also really liked our group too! I was in the morning group if that helps! I'm sure you will get the good news soon!!