2020-2021 Arizona - Tucson

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anybody been invited to interview recently? They've already given more interviews than their total from last year, so I'm curious to know how much higher they will keep going/how far in advance they have already scheduled.
I don't know this, but a question to add on- Does anyone know when their last interview day is? I think it's usually in February but I was wondering if they had extended the interview season due to COVID. Anyone interviewing in March?

Members don't see this ad.

Any chance for acceptances today?
This cycle, the first waves were all spaced 3 weeks apart. There was supposed to be a wave today based on that trend, but it actually came last week. The admissions office clarified that waves come every 2-3 weeks. Since it happened last week, there shouldn't be one today. It will be in a week or two from today.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do we have any idea of how many acceptances they send out?
Last year they said about 250. No idea how many they've sent out to date though. I think someone asked earlier in the thread, but don't think they answered.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
Last year they said about 250. No idea how much they've sent out to date though. I think someone asked earlier in the thread, but don't think they answered.
I've asked them before and they said they don't release that information in the middle of the cycle. However, last year, they sent out 216 acceptances according to the post-interview drive/flyer.

Wishing us good luck for tomorrow 😭 has anyone from the 1/29 interview date gotten in?

I believe there should be two more acceptance dates
That's what I am thinking as well. Last year, there were acceptances around March 20th, so I expect a wave tomorrow or next week and one the 12th or 19th. That would be consistent with their trend of every 2-3 weeks and last year's timeline. Hopefully, we will see a lot more acceptances these rounds if people have been using the AAMC CYMS Tool.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's what I am thinking as well. Last year, there were accepted around March 20th, so I expect a wave tomorrow or next week and one the 12th or 19th. That would be consistent with their trend of every 2-3 weeks and last year's timeline. Hopefully, we will see a lot more acceptances these rounds if people have been using the AAMC CYMS Tool.
Didn't even think about that! So true!

Members don't see this ad :)
The deferral email usually comes around 1-2 pm PST so it is still a little early.
Yeah, I'm more just curious if anyone has gotten an acceptance call yet. They typically come well before the deferral email.

Reactions: 1 users
What time do phone calls go out usually 9-10 pst?

Do you guys think they'll send out the waitlist/rejections with the next update?

I'm so exhausted from all of these deferrals. I just want meaningful news. :(

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
I'm so exhausted from all of these deferrals. I just want meaningful news. :(
Same. I was just about to say I hope the next update is WL/R. Although I do suppose silence would be much worse.

Same. I was just about to say I hope the next update is WL/R. Although I do suppose silence would be much worse.
Ditto, also deferred again. They would give us a "mercy" R if we were completely out of the running, right?

Ditto, also deferred again. They would give us a "mercy" R if we were completely out of the running, right?
I actually don’t think they send out post-II Rs until the end of March :/ that’s what happened last year

I actually don’t think they send out post-II Rs until the end of March :/ that’s what happened last year
Is late March also when they sent out the waitlist? Or do you think that'll happen with the next update?

Is late March also when they sent out the waitlist? Or do you think that'll happen with the next update?
I think it all happens at once but I’m not sure. I was just basing it off last year’s SDN thread

deferral again at least they are communicating.

Also deferred again today. I used to love Fridays lol. Honestly, I'll take it over an R because at least there's still hope, but yeah, the waiting is tough. I wish we could send post II updates because I do feel like I have something significant to add to my file, but I'm guessing it would look bad to send one if they explicitly said they aren't allowed :( Congrats to anyone who was accepted though!

Also deferred again today. I used to love Fridays lol. Honestly, I'll take it over an R because at least there's still hope, but yeah, the waiting is tough. I wish we could send post II updates because I do feel like I have something significant to add to my file, but I'm guessing it would look bad to send one if they explicitly said they aren't allowed :( Congrats to anyone who was accepted though!
Deferred again too...sigh

Deferred again too...sigh
I'm with you--It's a stressful cycle because of usual factors and also *gestures broadly*

Chin up, and let's all cross our fingers some wild shake-ups happen in April! (Though, you know, preferably before...)

I'm with you--It's a stressful cycle because of usual factors and also *gestures broadly*

Chin up, and let's all cross our fingers some wild shake-ups happen in April! (Though, you know, preferably before...)
Absolutely. Honestly not taking anything personally this cycle. Just glad I got interviews which has really helped me with the imposter syndrome. Just taking everything in stride and hoping for the best.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
It's quiet...too quiet.

Gonna try this again. @AdmissionsOffice, are you able to tell us approximately how many acceptances have been extended?

Whatever the number, let’s hope they send a bunch more this Friday lol

Do you guys think this will be the last Friday??
I think the waitlist is coming out this Friday or next Friday, which would make it the last formal update for most applicants. The updates have typically come every 3 weeks, but they have started coming every two weeks (which would be this Friday).

Last year the first post-II R was sent out on 3/20 (along with the waitlist), so it could be next Friday (3/19).

Also, last year, the Admissions Office said that "We wont send out rejections till the end of March."

2019-2020 Arizona - Tucson

Will post-interview rejections also start being sent out this week? We wont send out rejections till the end of March.
forums.studentdoctor.net
forums.studentdoctor.net

I think the waitlist is coming out this Friday or next Friday, which would make it the last formal update for most applicants. The updates have typically come every 3 weeks, but they have started coming every two weeks (which would be this Friday).

Last year the first post-II R was sent out on 3/20 (along with the waitlist), so it could be next Friday (3/19).

Also, last year, the Admissions Office said that "We wont send out rejections till the end of March."

Will post-interview rejections also start being sent out this week? We wont send out rejections till the end of March.
forums.studentdoctor.net
forums.studentdoctor.net
So acceptances will also come out this Friday?

So acceptances will also come out this Friday?
Yes, there should be a wave of acceptances this Friday or next, but I don't know which. On March 20, 2020, last year's applicants received a combination of acceptances, post-II rejections, and WL notifications. I'm hoping there will be a large wave of acceptances as accepted students have begun using the AAMC CYMS Tool.

I live 5 minutes away from U of A Tucson, it would be a lot more cost effective if I were to go there... I hope we all get accepted.
This whole cycle has been more than stressful. SMH

• Care
I
I live 5 minutes away from U of A Tucson, it would be a lot more cost effective if I were to go there... I hope we all get accepted.
This whole cycle has been more than stressful. SMH
I don’t see how they couldn’t accept you when you’re that close tbh

• Haha

forums.studentdoctor.net
forums.studentdoctor.net
So the last wave of acceptances and the waitlist typically come out on the same day? I was thinking there'd be acceptances this Friday and then the waitlist would come out two weeks from tomorrow, so that info is good to know. Thanks for sharing that! U of A Tucson is my dream school and I would definitely go there if accepted, no questions asked, but I'll appreciate the closure either way. This has been a very demanding cycle (energy-wise). I'm happy it's coming to a close. It was great hanging out with everyone here on the thread! Best of luck to everyone for tomorrow (or next Friday)! And remember whether you're accepted to your dream school or no school at all, it doesn't change your inherent value!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
So the last wave of acceptances and the waitlist typically come out on the same day? I was thinking there'd be acceptances this Friday and then the waitlist would come out two weeks from tomorrow, so that info is good to know. Thanks for sharing that! U of A Tucson is my dream school and I would definitely go there if accepted, no questions asked, but I'll appreciate the closure either way. This has been a very demanding cycle (energy-wise). I'm happy it's coming to a close. It was great hanging out with everyone here on the thread! Best of luck to everyone for tomorrow (or next Friday)! And remember whether you're accepted to your dream school or no school at all, it doesn't change your inherent value!
Acceptances very well could come out this Friday and in two weeks or just in 8 days. I honestly don't know. But the WL, Rs, and As, will continue coming on the last day.