2020-2021 Arizona - Tucson

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Although I'm hoping for some good news tomorrow, I realized that it's also Match Day tomorrow so we may be waiting another week. Here's to hoping though!
Yeah this struck me as a possibility. I’m betting on decisions coming out next week so MS4s and admin can celebrate :)

Members don't see this ad.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
I really don’t know how I’m gonna deal with another deferral email. I’m stressing rn

Members don't see this ad :)
Although I'm hoping for some good news tomorrow, I realized that it's also Match Day tomorrow so we may be waiting another week. Here's to hoping though!
Unfortunately I think you may be right. Although it's kind of ironic how they were coming out every 3 weeks and then said well it could be 2-3 weeks and now we are looking at 4 weeks (assuming nothing happens today). Not much consistency which contributes to a boat load of stress every Friday. I feel like there's not much planning that goes into it on their end or maybe they just like us being on edge every friday, but what do I know.

• Care
I really don’t know how I’m gonna deal with another deferral email. I’m stressing rn
Maybe they'll do some calls after the livestream (?) I'm trying to stay positive but I'm also starting to stress so I feel ya

Reactions: 1 users
Unfortunately I think you may be right. Although it's kind of ironic how they were coming out every 3 weeks and then said well it could be 2-3 weeks and now we are looking at 4 weeks (assuming nothing happens today). Not much consistency which contributes to a boat load of stress every Friday. I feel like there's not much planning that goes into it on their end or maybe they just like us being on edge every friday, but what do I know.
To be honest I feel like they were more helpful and transparent about this process in previous cycles than this one. I am think maybe since they might be working remotely, it makes things much more difficult for them to handle.

To be honest I feel like they were more helpful and transparent about this process in previous cycles than this one. I am think maybe since they might be working remotely, it makes things much more difficult for them to handle.
I agree that working remotely may make things harder. It just seems that most other schools I have applied to / been accepted to are in the same remote working situation but they some how managed to be much more helpful and (easier to reach via telephone and quick email response) transparent. Maybe it's something in the water?

Members don't see this ad :)
Nah but my deferrals have all come at different times. 3:10, 3:50, 2:00 central
Yeah, they all come at different times. The earliest I have gotten one was about 12:50 PM MST and the latest I have gotten one was about 4:45 PM MST. The average time for all of them this cycle is 2:58 PM MST.

I’m feeling pretty pessimistic that we will. I do hope we hear back though. Many of the schools I’ve interviewed at have some level of transparency regarding decisions, whether it’s a final decision date or their rolling admissions model. Given that admissions posted on this thread saying decisions are made every 2-3, and it’s been 3 weeks since the last decision date and defferal emails, I was hoping for some type of update today. I know admissions is probably working as hard as they can, but we’re all so nervous (rightfully so) and have been a part of this cycle for almost a year now. I feel that some transparency from here is warranted.

Reactions: 3 users
Womp just got the post-interview R

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Since someone just got a post interview rejection, I wouldn't be surprised if the waitlist came out today. On March 20th of last year, there were acceptances, post interview rejections, and the wait list all on the same day.

Would you mind telling us stats, when you interviewed, and if you were IS or OOS?
I was accepted at another school but I really liked Tucson.
Oos-3.3 ug. 3.4 grad in hard science. 511 mcat. Non traditional of 10 years

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Best of luck to everyone still in the running.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
I got a pre-II rejection from Phoenix today, but so far no word on Tucson after interviewing in September.

It's officially 5 PM AZ time. I guess we aren't hearing anything more today.

Did they lose track of time cause of match day and will tell us Monday maybe? Or will we hear 2-3 weeks from today?

Why would they send one rejection though. Do you think multiple rejections went out today?
If there genuinely was one rejection, then I'm sure there was more than one. Not everyone uses SDN and not everyone wants to tell SDN about a bad thing.

I’m an idiot! It was Phoenix not Tucson. I’m still in running. Everyone ignore my comments about rejections. 🙈🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I’m an idiot! It was Phoenix not Tucson. I’m still in running. Everyone ignore my comments about rejections. 🙈🙈
Well... Sorry to hear about Phoenix, but I'm glad it wasn't Tucson!

Not sure how it’s working on the Med School campus but for grad schools the UA spring break has been dissolved in favor of reading days interspersed throughout the semester.

Granted, calendar linked above only has Spring break for class of 2024–other years still have coursework/clerkship during this time.

I know folks are stressed, but most likely answer is that everyone just took the day off to celebrate Match. Can’t blame ‘em for that!

See y’all next week! :)

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
The fact that I’m here on a Saturday night is sad. My anxiety is clearly too high lol.

I'm secretly hoping that admissions calls will be coming out this morning because it has been more than 3 weeks, but I'm guessing that it will just come out on Friday.

Reactions: 4 users
The universe keeps taunting me about the potential acceptance I could be getting from this school. Every Friday for the past several weeks, I got phone calls from spam 520 numbers. Last week, someone from the U of A called me to tell me about a research program, and my heart skipped a beat. Today, I got an email from the post office (USPS Informed Delivery), which I could have sworn was a package from the College of Medicine-Tucson (COM-Tucson). It's actually just a Target order... I want this "A" so bad. :lol: 😭
1616685569194.png

• Care
  • Haha
The universe keeps taunting me about the potential acceptance I could be getting from this school. Every Friday for the past several weeks, I got phone calls from spam 520 numbers. Last week, someone from the U of A called me to tell me about a research program, and my heart skipped a beat. Today, I got an email from the post office (USPS Informed Delivery), which I could have sworn was a package from the College of Medicine-Tucson (COM-Tucson). It's actually just a Target order... I want this "A" so bad. :lol: 😭
View attachment 333356
LOL right? Well, I emailed admissions this week about a question I had and someone actually responded, so here's to hoping they release decisions tomorrow despite it being Spring Break week!

• Love