2020-2021 Liberty University (LUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi, so I interviewed last week and am currently waiting to hear back; I logged in and checked my portal and now I have an "acceptance" tab in my admissions checklist with a bunch of new things to complete? Was that always there/is always there for applicants to see or does this mean anything? I might be reading too far into this but the waiting is killing me; the admissions committee was supposed to meet and make a decision on me today so I feel like it would be too soon for a change in the portal and don't want to get my hopes up that this means anything...
If you can pay the deposit, you're in

Members don't see this ad.

If you can pay the deposit, you're in
Well I can't pay the deposit but I interviewed for a provisional acceptance so I'm not sure I would be able to do that anyway since it's my understanding all of the seats are currently full...guess I'm just gonna keep hoping for that phone call tomorrow

Well I can't pay the deposit but I interviewed for a provisional acceptance so I'm not sure I would be able to to that anyway...
Be patient. You're not in the clear yet

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the provisional acceptance call today!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 3 users
Has anybody on the provisional acceptance list heard back yet?

Do you guys think LUCOM will post their match list soon? I'm really curious how their match went this year...also, if anyone sent a letter of intent after a provisional acceptance, did you get a reply back?

Do you guys think LUCOM will post their match list soon? I'm really curious how their match went this year...also, if anyone sent a letter of intent after a provisional acceptance, did you get a reply back?
I think the Dean said sometime in May for the Match list...I do know the placement rate was 99% this year, with one ortho, Med/peds, radiology, optho, PM&R, a bunch of ER & Ob/Gyn, Psych, Neuro, Gas, 2 Gen Surg, and the rest IM, FM & Peds, based on what the match class has self-reported.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 users
I think the Dean said sometime in May for the Match list...I do know the match rate was 99% this year, with one ortho, Med/peds, radiology, optho, PM&R, a bunch of ER & Ob/Gyn, Psych, Neuro, Gas, 2 Gen Surg, and the rest IM, FM & Peds, based on what the match class has self-reported.
Ok that sounds really exciting! Happy that you guys were able to have a such a sucessful match in such a difficult year.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone have any idea on when to expect the provisional acceptance list to start moving?

Does anyone have any idea on when to expect the provisional acceptance list to start moving?
April 29th is the deadline for students holding multiple acceptances at MD schools to narrow their choice to one. That will cause a trickle down effect that could last until orientation week.

Additionally, current DO acceptances have 14 days after acceptance to pay their deposit or forfeit their seat, until May 14, then that deadline changes to 24 hrs.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
In addition to above, people with more than one acceptance at DO schools have to narrow It down to one by May 15th or they risk losing their acceptances at certain programs

• Care
I just withdrew my acceptance here. I hope it goes to one of you waiting.

Hi! I was wondering if any current medical students had recommendations in regards to where to live in lynchburg? I'm still debating on whether i'de like a roommate (leaning towards yes). I would like a townhome due to noise level probably decreased in a townhome vs. an apartment. Any recommendations would be awesome! Thank you :)
I currently live in Cornerstone and really like it. There are different living situations in the community. I live with one roommate but people less than 1000 ft from my apartment have 3 people in there townhouse. I know another friend from school rents a home in our community too!! It is also a 5 minute drive to school too!

welp I just found out after the titer test that I'm no longer immune to hep B so that's fun :) time to get a booster and then ANOTHER titer test ah
Don't sweat it, just make sure you communicate with the health office. I didn't finish my immunizations on time but you have to prove that you're in the middle of getting the series of shots. Does that make sense?

• Care
Would anyone know where most first year students live?
I live in cornerstone and I know A LOT of students live here. We are within walking distance of a coffee shop, pizza, and other food places. 5 minute drive to school. Honestly you'll find students everywhere lol. A know a good bunch live dt.

I have relinquished my seat. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting for some good news!

Reactions: 2 users
Just got an official spot after being provisionally accepted! So excited to move to VA this Summer!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Just got an official spot after being provisionally accepted! So excited to move to VA this Summer!
Congrats!!!:) Do you mind me asking when you interviewed? I was wondering if there is a specific order they are pulling from the provisional list!

Congrats!!!:) Do you mind me asking when you interviewed? I was wondering if there is a specific order they are pulling from the provisional list!
March 15th! But I have been consistently emailing them every week since then.

I just withdrew my provisional acceptance. Good luck!

Withdrawing my acceptance here! Good luck to those on the provisional :D

• Care
Just got an official spot, was on the PV list since Jan!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Hi all! I was wondering for any current students did you purchase a lot of books or was a lot of them electronic? I am trying to budget to see if I need to take out the full award amount and am calculating expenses. Thank you!! And if you do purchase books, at least for first year did you budget 1,000?

Hi all! I was wondering for any current students did you purchase a lot of books or was a lot of them electronic? I am trying to budget to see if I need to take out the full award amount and am calculating expenses. Thank you!! And if you do purchase books, at least for first year did you budget 1,000?
Almost all the books are available for free through the medical library. I can think of 3 off the top of my head that we had to purchase first year, and they didn’t add up to $100 together.

You will have to purchase a medical examination kit during the first few weeks that if I remember correctly will run around $1,000. If you have already been gifted a stethoscope then you can subtract $300-$400 from that.

We also get a set amount of printing on campus ($300 a semester I think?), and I’ve never exceeded it, but I use an iPad for notes. I have a friend who prints everything and she never goes over either. You are refunded any unused printing charges each semester.

Finally, LUCOM first year tuition includes a laptop, so no need to buy a new one. All exams must be taken on it, even if you use a personal device for everything else.

You can email or call financial aid and they’d be happy to help you with expected costs and setting up a budget.

(434) 592-6700
[email protected]

Last thing! If you haven’t yet, join the LUCOM c/o 2025 Facebook group. It’s the quickest way to get your questions answered and our current SGA is doing things each week to get the incoming class plugged into the community.

• Love
I'm embarrassed to ask this but I just accepted a seat off the provisional list 10 days ago and I can't find anything that states the specific date of the l first day of orientation.

I plan to call tomorrow to ask the admissions office... just want to know if any of the accepted students on here know the official date before I call to ask (I feel kind of silly not knowing- but I've read and re-read all my resources and emails and can't find anything).

I am wondering if I was not provided with all the information (admissions packet info) etc.

My guess is that the first day of orientation is July 19th (due to the academic calendars for the previous years). But I can't even find the new academic calendar online.

Any input is appreciated.

I'm embarrassed to ask this but I just accepted a seat off the provisional list 10 days ago and I can't find anything that states the specific date of the l first day of orientation.

I plan to call tomorrow to ask the admissions office... just want to know if any of the accepted students on here know the official date before I call to ask (I feel kind of silly not knowing- but I've read and re-read all my resources and emails and can't find anything).

I am wondering if I was not provided with all the information (admissions packet info) etc.

My guess is that the first day of orientation is July 19th (due to the academic calendars for the previous years). But I can't even find the new academic calendar online.

I am wondering the same thing! Ive been looking everywhere.

Orientation should be July 26-30 for y’all, with the first day of classes starting august 2nd. I’m a current OMS-1 and our first day of 2nd year is Aug 2nd.

Don’t stress, LUCOM is actually good about informing students of what they need to know, they just don’t always do it in time for super planners (like me, lol). You’ll be emailed and told everything you need to know, every step of the way, but in the meantime if you have questions, please 1) ask here, 2) join the Facebook group and ask there, or 3) call/email the school.

And there’s zero need to feel embarrassed, we still remember what it was like to be nervous and feel like you’re walking into the unknown (but we also know what’s coming for y’all! 😜)

• Care
Orientation should be July 26-30 for y’all, with the first day of classes starting august 2nd. I’m a current OMS-1 and our first day of 2nd year is Aug 2nd.

Don’t stress, LUCOM is actually good about informing students of what they need to know, they just don’t always do it in time for super planners (like me, lol). You’ll be emailed and told everything you need to know, every step of the way, but in the meantime if you have questions, please 1) ask here, 2) join the Facebook group and ask there, or 3) call/email the school.

And there’s zero need to feel embarrassed, we still remember what it was like to be nervous and feel like you’re walking into the unknown (but we also know what’s coming for y’all! 😜)

Thank You for this info!

This is helpful!

It is July 27th for orientation. First day of real class is August 2nd. They also said that they have not yet finalized the final academic calendar tho.

Hi all, I have been accepted and paid my deposit. I just got the email about relinquishing seats up until May 15th. What do I do if I am still sitting on other school's waitlists? Has anyone been in this situation before?

I'm hoping someone can clarify this May 15th deadline for me. Do we expect there be movement immediately next week once schools receive the list of students holding multiple seats? Feeling very discouraged/anxious/tired lol.

Im not sure about the May 15th deadline, but I would just be patient and make sure everything from my end is taken care of if it were me.

Also were you guys able to send your official transcript electronically and was that okay? On the LUCOM website it offers info about how to send it via paper mail but was anyone able to successfully send it electronically?

Im not sure about the May 15th deadline, but I would just be patient and make sure everything from my end is taken care of if it were me.

Also were you guys able to send your official transcript electronically and was that okay? On the LUCOM website it offers info about how to send it via paper mail but was anyone able to successfully send it electronically?
Yes. They said to send transcripts electronically to [email protected]. If you want to send a paper copy I guess you could do that too.

Hi! I’m new to SDN and this thread. I have finished up the ‘20-‘21 application cycle and all of my interviews. I have a provisional acceptance to LUCOM and waitlist elsewhere. LUCOM is definitely my first choice. I really like everything I know about it and I feel like it’s a great fit for me but I’m not really sure what my next steps should be? I got my provisional acceptance over a month ago. I emailed right away but have not heard anything since then. Does anyone know how likely it is to be accepted at LUCOM for this fall VS next fall? Should I be planning and preparing to go to LUCOM this fall or should I be making plans to be productive over the next year? Also if this fall is likely can I get started on matriculation items? Whether I go this fall or next fall I would still need to complete them. What all do I need to do to matriculate? Thanks so much for any advice here! Kind of in limbo.

Hi! I’m new to SDN and this thread. I have finished up the ‘20-‘21 application cycle and all of my interviews. I have a provisional acceptance to LUCOM and waitlist elsewhere. LUCOM is definitely my first choice. I really like everything I know about it and I feel like it’s a great fit for me but I’m not really sure what my next steps should be? I got my provisional acceptance over a month ago. I emailed right away but have not heard anything since then. Does anyone know how likely it is to be accepted at LUCOM for this fall VS next fall? Should I be planning and preparing to go to LUCOM this fall or should I be making plans to be productive over the next year? Also if this fall is likely can I get started on matriculation items? Whether I go this fall or next fall I would still need to complete them. What all do I need to do to matriculate? Thanks so much for any advice here! Kind of in limbo.
If you really want to go there this fall, I would express that in an email every week. The more consistent you are, the more it shows that LUCOM is your top choice. I emailed every week for about 1.5 months and finally got in! You cannot begin completing matriculation items until you actually have a spot.

Received my official acceptance this cycle yesterday morning!!

Anyone know how to get into the fb group??

Received my official acceptance this cycle yesterday morning!!

Anyone know how to get into the fb group??

You should be able to request to get in with this link.

DON'T DO IT! Soooo many of the books are available online and unless you're a major textbook reader you won't need to get many (if any).

Dang.. I really wanna know who you are because I'm an OMS-1 too!:unsure: hahaha

• Haha