2020-2021 Liberty University (LUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Academic calendar is up! Scroll to the bottom for 2021-2022.

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Anyone else still waiting on the official A? Starting to get worried that I still didnt hear anything

Anyone else still waiting on the official A? Starting to get worried that I still didnt hear anything
I had classmates who were literally accepted two weeks before orientation. Hope is not lost yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone get an email from admissions asking to sign an Affidavit?

??? what now
Dear Provisional Accepted,

Attached is an Affidavit of Deferral of Admission to Liberty University College of Osteopathic Medicine. This affidavit states the terms in which communication and expectations will occur.

You must complete, sign, and return the affidavit to: [email protected] by June 24, 2021 by 5:00pm eastern standard time to remain eligible for admission in the subsequent academic year for Fall 2022.

If there are current openings and you are willing to enroll immediately, then please include the following statement in your email with your completed affidavit:

Yes, I am willing to enroll immediately up to July 26th, 2021.

Dear Provisional Accepted,

Attached is an Affidavit of Deferral of Admission to Liberty University College of Osteopathic Medicine. This affidavit states the terms in which communication and expectations will occur.

You must complete, sign, and return the affidavit to: [email protected] by June 24, 2021 by 5:00pm eastern standard time to remain eligible for admission in the subsequent academic year for Fall 2022.

If there are current openings and you are willing to enroll immediately, then please include the following statement in your email with your completed affidavit:

Yes, I am willing to enroll immediately up to July 26th, 2021.
Seems like they are trying to figure out who they can eliminate from their waitlist and who they can still pull, and who is willing to commit to the school next year if not admitted this year.

Seems like they are trying to figure out who they can eliminate from their waitlist and who they can still pull, and who is willing to commit to the school next year if not admitted this year.
A little stressful because by signing that you relinquish all other WL you are holding for this cycle and aren't guaranteed a spot for this cycle at LUCOM

A little stressful because by signing that you relinquish all other WL you are holding for this cycle and aren't guaranteed a spot for this cycle at LUCOM
But it’s guaranteeing you a spot next year if you don’t get in this year, correct?

Was that the entire email, because it didn’t say you were giving up other WL spots.

Did they post the schedule of classes? if yes, can someone post it here or dm me, I can't find it anywhere. Also, did you prepare at all before school started? If yes, then how?

Did they post the schedule of classes? if yes, can someone post it here or dm me, I can't find it anywhere. Also, did you prepare at all before school started? If yes, then how?

This is the academic calendar, scroll down to the bottom for 2021-2022. They won’t post the schedule of classes until right before orientation.

I didn’t prepare before classes started, I don’t think it’s worth it because you won’t be able to match the pace until you’re in there. At most I would say try to figure out how you learn best, and maybe dabble with anki to see if you like flashcards. Everything else will explained to you along the way, and LUCOM does a study series during the first weeks to offer advice on how to study, time management, etc. it’s really good and the speakers are all upperclassmen who have been successful.

Members don't see this ad :)
2 weeks left until orientation and still holding a provisional A. Anyone else still waiting?

I just got my full acceptance for the class of 2025! Could anyone give some insight on where the best place to live for first year is?

Reactions: 1 users
I just got my full acceptance for the class of 2025! Could anyone give some insight on where the best place to live for first year is?
Request access to the LUCOM class of 2025 Facebook page. They’ll be able to help you faster than waiting on someone to see this post.

Lots of students like the cornerstone area though. Some live in oasis which you can see from the school, and others live in Dreaming Creek, or anywhere on Timberlake. Almost everywhere is 5-15 min from the school, and most places are safe.

Edited to add: congratulations! Welcome to the family!

@morgankz

have you been able to pay a seat deposit yet? The deadline was set as August 15th, however, I haven’t received any information about how to pay.
Hey, yes I paid the deposit a few days ago through the myLU portal

If there are any LUCOM students about, can you let us know if these conditions apply to the med school?

If there are any LUCOM students about, can you let us know if these conditions apply to the med school?

They do not, we were told it was because the medical school started 4 weeks ahead of the main campus, and has already dealt with any positive exposures during that time.

Additionally, the medical school building is physically pretty far from the main campus, and we don’t mingle with the undergrad students.

Last edited by a moderator:
They do not, we were told it was because the medical school started 4 weeks ahead of the main campus, and has already dealt with any positive exposures during that time.

Additionally, the medical school building is physically pretty far from the main campus, and we don’t mingle with the undergrad students.
Just to verify, are you required to be vaccinated and wear masks?

Just to verify, are you required to be vaccinated and wear masks?

We must mask for all in person labs, and vaccines are required before starting 3rd year rotations. Vaccinations are strongly encouraged before then, and many free vaccination events have been set up for students through the school.

But no vaccine mandate for OMSI or II??
No, that’s a policy from the parent institution I believe.

Just because I know you’ve have a harsh view towards lucom and the politics of the parent institution…why are you asking these questions? There are other medical schools with these same policies and I haven’t seen you on their threads asking students about them.

Reactions: 1 users