2020-2021 Marshall

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Have any more OOS applicants gotten IIs for this school? I was complete on 8/6 but have not heard anything from them

Members don't see this ad.

Do you mind saying when you got the sit down interview with the 2 faculty from Marshall? You can give the range of the days of when you were interviewed if thats more comfortable.
Mid-end of November.

Reactions: 1 user
Have any more OOS applicants gotten IIs for this school? I was complete on 8/6 but have not heard anything from them
I am OOS and received an II in December. It never hurts to reach out to the admissions office if you are worried

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I read on their website that OOS interviews run through the end of January. I'm OOS and haven't heard anything from them yet, so if I don't hear anything by February 1st, should I consider it a silent R? I'm not sure how closely any schools are following their timelines due to COVID.

I read on their website that OOS interviews run through the end of January. I'm OOS and haven't heard anything from them yet, so if I don't hear anything by February 1st, should I consider it a silent R? I'm not sure how closely any schools are following their timelines due to COVID.
I’m pretty sure they’re wrapping up interviews in Feb. I’d reach out to admissions if you’re curious

Have any OOS applicants been accepted or waitlisted?
I was OOS and got waitlisted. Not sure if I have a high chance of getting off the waitlist. If there is an OOS applicant who got off the waitlist I would like to know what they did haha

I was OOS and got waitlisted. Not sure if I have a high chance of getting off the waitlist. If there is an OOS applicant who got off the waitlist I would like to know what they did haha
When did you find out? OOS as well and was told I wouldn’t find out anything until next month

Did any of you receive a complete email after submitting your secondary? I submitted in early August and have not heard from them. I checked my email and realized I never got a complete email so maybe I am missing something

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if they are open to update letters? I couldn't find any information when I looked.

Does anyone know if they are open to update letters? I couldn't find any information when I looked.
As far as I know they do. FWIW, I sent an update to their admissions staff after my interview and they said they would add it to my file.

Is there a Facebook page for accepted students?

Weren’t you an OOS acceptance? If so, how did you do it lol
I mean Medgal98 got accepted because Marshall knows that she is the best fit for their school. Medgal98's application must have met the requirements and even caught the eye of faculty and the interview just confirmed what they thought and boom... Acceptance. Also, applying early could also be another factor but this cycle is out of whack. I hope this helps.

Other than one person, couple of months ago (early application perhaps), I haven't seen any OOS acceptance on here. Is it safe to assume that the OOS interviewed applicants are still under consideration at this time?

Other than one person, couple of months ago (early application perhaps), I haven't seen any OOS acceptance on here. Is it safe to assume that the OOS interviewed applicants are still under consideration at this time?
Idk if this helps but I just got a pre-II R a few days ago and they said that they had over 2000 OOS applications for only 10-15 seats...

Idk if this helps but I just got a pre-II R a few days ago and they said that they had over 2000 OOS applications for only 10-15 seats...
I'm sorry. I hope things work out for you elsewhere. Trust yourself and the universe. Don't lose hope and keep going...

I'm sorry. I hope things work out for you elsewhere. Trust yourself and the universe. Don't lose hope and keep going...
I am honestly shook that they had that many people for just 10 to 15 seats... I had no idea it was in the 2000s.... I thought it would be less than 1000 because of their strict rules... I am def now not confident about my chances to get off the waitlist... But yeah what HealAll said Keep going you are worth it.

I am honestly shook that they had that many people for just 10 to 15 seats... I had no idea it was in the 2000s.... I thought it would be less than 1000 because of their strict rules... I am def now not confident about my chances to get off the waitlist... But yeah what HealAll said Keep going you are worth it.
So have they already accepted these 15 people? I only noticed one OOS person being accepted here a very long time ago. I guess most people don't post here. I know schools need to have their class filled by March 15th.

Wait who told you that they had to fill up classes by March 15th? I had no idea that was a thing... Have you interviewed and gotten a decision already or not yet ?

Wait who told you that they had to fill up classes by March 15th? I had no idea that was a thing... Have you interviewed and gotten a decision already or not yet ?
I have in Dec and got WL. Check this page from AAMC, it seems to be a thing for all schools. :eyebrow: Traffic Rules | AAMC

Last edited:
hey folks! Does anyone know how strict Marshall is about requiring a rec letter from the applicant's major department? I want to apply since I'm IS but don't want to ask for a new letter just for this school.

OOS applicant, LM 70 with very strong ties to the state. Interviewed in late January and was accepted on Tuesday, but declined the offer. Cindy Warren said they had a few vacancies, so hopefully some of you will be getting the call very soon :)

Reactions: 1 users
OOS applicant, LM 70 with very strong ties to the state. Interviewed in late January and was accepted on Tuesday, but declined the offer. Cindy Warren said they had a few vacancies, so hopefully some of you will be getting the call very soon :)
Thank you for the update!

Anyone else has gotten a call yet? I don't see any movement this week :(

Last edited: