2020-2021 Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MSUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When do you guys think the waitlist will really start moving?
They already accepted people off the waitlist on Thursday so not sure when the next batch will be. Hopefully soon tho

Members don't see this ad.

Best of luck this week everyone!

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Happy for y’all getting T1 waitlists, but man, as a T3, my hope is running low for this school, lol.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know how many people are usually on the 1st tier waitlist and how many end up getting accepted?
100 people per tier. How many get pulled off depends on how many people withdraw their spots. Pre-COVID was almost 100%. Last year not near as many from tier 1 got off

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Me too. It seems ridiculous that 100 people would withdraw their applications.
With an incoming class of a bit over 300 people, you'd be surprised. Medical schools (especially DO schools) can have incredible WL movement. There have been times in the past where MSUCOM accepted 5 people from T3, which means that 200 people either withdrew their A or withdrew from the WL. Withdrawing an acceptance isn't the only way for you to get closer to an A, people that are on the WL may receive an offer from a different school and withdraw their WL offer.

Reactions: 1 user
Me too. It seems ridiculous that 100 people would withdraw their applications.
Don’t lose hope just yet! This weekend was the time when MD applicants had to choose 1 acceptance to keep. It seems like early May is a time for a lot of allopathic WL movement, which could impact osteopathic WL movement. For example, someone from MSUCOM is accepted to an MD school and accepts that offer, thereby creating an opening to be filled by a WL candidate.

With an incoming class of a bit over 300 people, you'd be surprised. Medical schools (especially DO schools) can have incredible WL movement. There have been times in the past where MSUCOM accepted 5 people from T3, which means that 200 people either withdrew their A or withdrew from the WL. Withdrawing an acceptance isn't the only way for you to get closer to an A, people that are on the WL may receive an offer from a different school and withdraw their WL offer.
Don’t lose hope just yet! This weekend was the time when MD applicants had to choose 1 acceptance to keep. It seems like early May is a time for a lot of allopathic WL movement, which could impact osteopathic WL movement. For example, someone from MSUCOM is accepted to an MD school and accepts that offer, thereby creating an opening to be filled by a WL candidate.

Oh I see. Thank you guys I feel better about my chances now. 😁

Yeah I agree, except the only issue is that MD waitlist goes into the summer and classss for MSUcom start soon.

I don’t wanna be TOO hopeful but it does seem like because they interviewed so late in the cycle and added people to T1 WL this past week might mean they are anticipating more room for acceptances

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I don’t wanna be TOO hopeful but it does seem like because they interviewed so late in the cycle and added people to T1 WL this past week might mean they are anticipating more room for acceptances
I think that's a really good point. If they didn't expect WL movement, they'd just throw R's at people.

On the bright side it seems like central Michigan’s WL movement started 😊

This was hard, but last week I withdrew my acceptance from MSUCOM. Regardless of it being a DO school, I got the best impression of them out of all my interviews, and I hope that one of you benefits from this.

I was at EL by the way.

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
Gave up my position on the T1 WL yesterday, hope it gets to the rest you guys faster!! Good luck!!

Reactions: 8 users
Will be withdrawing my T1 spot from the waitlist. It’s been a long and tough cycle for many of us, so I wish you all the best of luck on your journey ❤️

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Will be withdrawing my sought after T3 waitlist spot. Just got my first acceptance to an in state MD school:)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
can any accepted students confirm whether or not it actually takes a few weeks to receive your PID from admissions in order to create an MSU email?

Anyone else reload the new AACOM application already? :,)

alright party people lets hope for WL movement two Thursdays in a row!

Reactions: 6 users
Probably no movement today then . . .

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Yeah no movement today. Disappointing Honestly. What is MSUCOM up to??????

Reactions: 4 users
Do you guys think there’s gonna be a ton of movement after May 15 due to people holding multiple acceptances? I’m T1 and freaking out over this lack of waitlist movement

Do you guys think there’s gonna be a ton of movement after May 15 due to people holding multiple acceptances? I’m T1 and freaking out over this lack of waitlist movement
I really hope so, cause Id need to find an apartment and whatnot if i get off the T1 like you.

I hope and think so that there will be movement from now till their session starts. Putting an statement in the T1 WL letter that they are optimistic is a big thing in my opinion. I hope I am not wrong in this!!

Reactions: 2 users
I hope and think so that there will be movement from now till their session starts. Putting an statement in the T1 WL letter that they are optimistic is a big thing in my opinion. I hope I am not wrong in this!!
I really hope so as well

A after T1 WL! Got email ~10 AM EST

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Do they put that every year?

wow SDN really is NOT representative if there has been movement and you are the only person who posted about it :( Congrats dude!!
It's really strange that they didn't call. I wonder if they just plan on emails moving forward or if calls will only happen on big movement days. It doesn't seem like there's a clear answer on previous forums.