2022-2023 Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got an email around 3. No call yet. Interviewed 3/3; first tier wl end of March. IS. Non trad.
So I reckon first people from WL to be accepted will be mainly IS, right?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
From the past two yrs, the first Canadian candidates seem to be the 5th account ish (usually the second week of wl movement) to get off the wl. (from sdn thread)

Reactions: 1 user
From the past two yrs, the first Canadian candidates seem to be the 5th account ish (usually the second week of wl movement) to get off the wl. (from sdn thread)
In 2021, 14 accounts reported getting off the waitlist before the mass rejection email. In 2022, 19 accounts reported getting off the waitlist before the mass rejection email. However anecdotally I personally know someone still got in around class stating time.

Last edited:
Are international students placed in the same pool as Canadians?

Are international students placed in the same pool as Canadians?
From my observation, I think everyone is on the same list. They likely assign a score for IS/OOS/international status. They also weigh your stats and ECs and generate a comprehensive rank—just my whims. I don’t personally know anyone international, not Canadian there. International, not Canadian ( I recently am in this category), usually is a tiny number of candidates. I imagine it might just be the same as non-US. From matching records, it seems about 20 international students matriculate per yr. Please refer to the “specialty competitive guide” from 2021. They have a breakdown of matching records. They also indicated international/military/SOAP.

Now I just went over the newest version of the specialty competitiveness guide. I think they keep the 20 international spots every year. So likely, an international spot will only open up if an international acceptance gives up their spot.

Last edited:
Was really hoping to see more waitlist movement today:( anybody know when WL movement stops?

People with multiple A’s have to withdraw from all schools but one before may 15 as per AACOMAS
Here's a link to read about that: AACOMAS Traffic Guidelines

If you are holding several admissions, try to commit by May 15th to ONE.
Read the link for details about what schools wlll know on May 15th and what they can do

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Apart from the forms in the portal, is there anywhere else (like AACOMAS) that I'm supposed to confirm the medical school I'm choosing?

Apart from the forms in the portal, is there anywhere else (like AACOMAS) that I'm supposed to confirm the medical school I'm choosing?
From my understanding AACOMAS doesn’t have anything additional (like how AMCAS has CYMS and “commit to enroll”) According to the AACOMAS traffic guidelines you just have to narrow down to one school by May 15th because if you’re holding multiple As it will be reported to the schools and you will risk having acceptances rescinded.

Any updates? Anybody speak to admissions recently? Seems like mass movement has started at other DO schools.

Reactions: 2 users
Any updates? Anybody speak to admissions recently? Seems like mass movement has started at other DO schools.
Haven’t heard anything, this waiting is so painful..But there were As being posted about until the end of May last year, so I am holding out hope for this week!

Does it seem like MSUCOM is full already?

There was barely any movement last week considering activity here

withdrew from this school recently so it's definitely not over yet. wishing you guys good luck!

I had a dream I got the A through an NFL Draft style broadcast.

Sad to wake up to no A 🥲 still hopeful 🤞

Reactions: 5 users
Has anyone been able to establish residency and get in state tuition? I plan on staying in Michigan long term.

Is it possible to get an interview here with a cGPA 3.78 & 500 mcat? IS ORM. Asking for next cycle

Congrats to all!

Also wondering why MSUCOM hasn’t accepted anyone else despite 7 people withdrawing on this thread so far

Reactions: 2 users
Also wondering why MSUCOM hasn’t accepted anyone else despite 7 people withdrawing on this thread so far
They are currently out of the office at the moment. I tried to contact them while I did a self tour these past couple of days and I wasn’t able to get a response due to that.

They are currently out of the office at the moment. I tried to contact them while I did a self tour these past couple of days and I wasn’t able to get a response due to that.
Are you positive? I called them 2 days ago in the morning and they picked up

Thanks for letting us know, it feels kind of better to hear a possible explanation for the radio silence haha. Congrats on your As! :)

Somebody call the office tomorrow and ask when they’ll be back

• Hmm
I can’t believe there hasn’t been any more calls this week:(