2020-2021 Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine (Harlem Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi, I just wanted to make sure I'm understanding this correctly. There are two essays, correct? The one in the Word document and the one in the PDF document? The essays are kind of similar.
I wasn’t aware of there being 2 essays..:bored:

Members don't see this ad.

Wait there were 2 essays???
On the online application where you download the files there's one to download for either Harlem or Middletown and another called the supplemental form. And each one of them has an essay.. I'm not completely sure, but they're all under the Osteopathic Medicine tab.

Members don't see this ad :)
i only emailed one essay and they emailed me saying my secondary was recieved

On the online application where you download the files there's one to download for either Harlem or Middletown and another called the supplemental form. And each one of them has an essay.. I'm not completely sure, but they're all under the Osteopathic Medicine tab.
Are you referring to these? because I thought those were only for the MS program not the DO program

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-08-27 at 1.53.18 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-27 at 1.53.18 AM.png
    57.4 KB · Views: 200
Are you referring to these? because I thought those were only for the MS program not the DO program
Yes, those. I was unsure because it was under the DO section, but you're right I think thats a different program.

How long did it take for you guys to receive the secondary received email? I emailed them it a few days ago.

Reactions: 1 user
yo only do the DO one right?
Also did people separate those questions (A,B,C) into different essays or like some how format into one. Cause I was thinking of copying and pasting from other secondaries lol

yo only do the DO one right?
Also did people separate those questions (A,B,C) into different essays or like some how format into one. Cause I was thinking of copying and pasting from other secondaries lol
Yup only the DO one

Hi everyone! I'm sure I already know that answer to this - I am a re-applicant and I was wondering on what you all though about recycling the supplemental's "personal statement" essay from previous application cycle. My answers are still pretty much the same with very few tweaks (such as timing, etc.)

So I basically got pre-screened/rejected for secondaries from the other touro campuses because of the sGPA requirement of 3.0 (mine is 2.95 on AACOMAS T^T thought I was safe but forgot they don't include math) but NY sent an email saying they have reviewed my application but can't give me a supplemental application until my MCAT scores are sent in (testing 9/4).... not sure how to interpret this because of the GPA requirements!! Is this just a courtesy email?

also because i've heard they are selective with secondaries?

cGPA 3.55 & sGPA 2.95

Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone sent letters of recommendation through interfolio? did you just send it to touro 2020/2021?

Does anyone know if Touro accepts courses for behavioral science other than psychology, sociology, and anthropology? I have a course that does not fit that description but it counts as a behavioral science course based on the AACOMAS Official Course List.

hello, so we just send the pdf to their admissions email. however the online portal says I'm complete, should I be good? cant get a hold of them!

hello, so we just send the pdf to their admissions email. however the online portal says I'm complete, should I be good? cant get a hold of them!
The online portal will say complete after u fill out all the info and pay the fee. Then you download the secondary, fill it out and email it to the admissions committee

How long did it take for you to receive a confirmation email after you emailed your secondaries? I emailed it to them last week but still haven't gotten a confirmation email yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Is everyone aware of what this school looks like?

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
for anyone who is a reapplicant or knows the answer, do they send a complete email?

i sent my secondary in like last week but still have not recieved a complete email? anyone else know how long it takes?

Reactions: 1 users
Need some advice. I got an email saying my app is on hold due to not sending a PDF of my AP English scores. Since I took the exam more than 4 years ago, I need to mail in a request form and pay $25 to get ahold of my scores and the whole process might take 2-3 weeks. Before I do all of this, I was wondering how competitive of an applicant I am and if it's worth the extra money and time.

MCAT: 501 (this is my 3rd attempt). cGPA 3.56, sGPA 3.33
Clinical experiences: CNA for 1.5 years, Phlebotomist full time for over 1 year, currently working
80 hours shadowing
100+ hours volunteering as grief support counselor
170 hours research for honors thesis
300 hours of leadership via vice chairwoman of a club
100+ hours volunteering as Operation Christmas Child Project Leader

Need some advice. I got an email saying my app is on hold due to not sending a PDF of my AP English scores. Since I took the exam more than 4 years ago, I need to mail in a request form and pay $25 to get ahold of my scores and the whole process might take 2-3 weeks. Before I do all of this, I was wondering how competitive of an applicant I am and if it's worth the extra money and time.

MCAT: 501 (this is my 3rd attempt). cGPA 3.56, sGPA 3.33
Clinical experiences: CNA for 1.5 years, Phlebotomist full time for over 1 year, currently working
80 hours shadowing
100+ hours volunteering as grief support counselor
170 hours research for honors thesis
300 hours of leadership via vice chairwoman of a club
100+ hours volunteering as Operation Christmas Child Project Leader
Hey, I might wait for someone with a little more experience, but I'm pretty sure that Touro-NY likes higher MCATs. Your GPAs are solid and you have good ECs, but I'm not sure how they'll see your MCAT.

Does this school use PBL? It seems to be like that from the website but I can't find where it explicitly mentions that.

OOS II Just now! 3.6 GPA, 3.5 sGPA, 511 MCAT!
Also thanks Touro NY for not letting me trust weekends for interviews. I appreciate you feeding into my neuroticism :p

Reactions: 6 users
OOS II Just now! 3.6 GPA, 3.5 sGPA, 511 MCAT!
Also thanks Touro NY for not letting me trust weekends for interviews. I appreciate you feeding into my neuroticism :p
Hey congrats! I just came back to this thread to ask - how long was your essay? As someone who scored a II, I think you're a good person to ask!

Hey congrats! I just came back to this thread to ask - how long was your essay? As someone who scored a II, I think you're a good person to ask!
Looked it up and it's a bit over 4000 characters(671 words). I used up most if not all of the space they provided since there was a lot I wanted to say about the school.

II! OOS, 508 MCAT, 3.42 cGPA, 3.29 sGPA

OOS II (and my first one, very excited!!). sGPA 3.39 (post-bacc sGPA 3.57), cGPA 3.17. 505 MCAT, retaking next Friday. Decent amount of experience and goals that align with their mission. Submitted 8/24 and received completion email 8/31.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Hello looking for some advice,

I’m a OOS applicant with 3.15 cgpa and 2.98 science gpa 510 MCAT would I be considered here ? And also I’m finishing a science class to bump over 3.0 should I wait for results and update before submitting so I don’t get screened for secondary? Or submit now? Thanks for advice!

Is anyone having trouble uploading the document to the application? I've tried turning it into a PDF and everything ;(

I received the secondary, but once I saw the price being $200 I noped it so bad- especially considering my stats aren't the most competitive and I'd basically be donating $200 to them at that point.

Can someone confirm that there is still the $200 fee for the secondary submission for this cycle? It wasn't concretely clear from this thread.

yes it is, I just checked :( greedy mofos

Is anyone having trouble uploading the document to the application? I've tried turning it into a PDF and everything ;(

You're supposed to email the document, not upload it to the application, if we're thinking about the same thing

The online portal will say complete after u fill out all the info and pay the fee. Then you download the secondary, fill it out and email it to the admissions committee
precisely! everything was paid for and submitted, as well as emailed...but I haven't received anything after submitting the additional email on 8/26/20 /:

Just following up, they marked me complete without a copy of my AP English scores. So probably just need that before matriculation if accepted

Just following up, they marked me complete without a copy of my AP English scores. So probably just need that before matriculation if accepted
I got an email saying my application is on hold due to my AP English scores missing

Emailed my supplemental application 8/25 and got a complete email back today 9/8