2020-2021 Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine (Harlem Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interviewed 9/30/2020. Standard questions, the info session, and Q+A were straight forward. They were advertising military scholarships and their master's program which felt unprofessional.

Reactions: 1 user
Interviewed 9/30/2020. Standard questions, the info session, and Q+A were straight forward. They were advertising military scholarships and their master's program which felt unprofessional.
Congratulations!! I am so happy for you. TouroCOM Harlem is my first choice. Do you mind sharing your stats? I know they tend to like higher MCATS, just looking to see if I have a chance at an interview with them at all. Good luck!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations!! I am so happy for you. TouroCOM Harlem is my first choice. Do you mind sharing your stats? I know they tend to like higher MCATS, just looking to see if I have a chance at an interview with them at all. Good luck!!!
My stats are pretty identifiable, don't want to dox myself.

complete 9/21

congrats on your II! when did you submit your secondary if you don't mind sharing? just trying to figure out if they stopped sending complete emails for a bit. people were getting them regularly for a second and then they suddenly stopped.

congrats on your II! when did you submit your secondary if you don't mind sharing? just trying to figure out if they stopped sending complete emails for a bit. people were getting them regularly for a second and then they suddenly stopped.
I submitted 8/28 and got my complete email earlier this week if that helps!

I submitted 8/28 and got my complete email earlier this week if that helps!

ok, makes sense. I think quite a few of us that submitted first week of Sept and after haven't received complete emails (someone correct me if I'm wrong lol). thank you and good luck on your interview!

Will they offer II with pending AP score report?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! Super fast turn-around- did Harlem campus also say 4-6 weeks post interview like Middletown?

Thank you! And yes they did say 4-6 weeks so I was surprised I received a decision this quickly since my interview was about two and a half weeks ago.

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you! And yes they did say 4-6 weeks so I was surprised I received a decision this quickly since my interview was about two and a half weeks ago.
As if I didn’t have enough reason to neurotically check my e-mail LOL

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
For the people that were accepted, did you receive an email with your acceptance or a letter in the mail? During the interview, it sounded kind of like they were going to mail something so I wasn't sure to neurotically check my mail or my email! Congratulations by the way!

Congrats on those of you accepted! Did anyone get any good feedback on the high tuition they have here? I think I last looked and it was almost 100k for each year. Did they mention any programs or financial aid they offer for this?

Thank you !!

For the people that were accepted, did you receive an email with your acceptance or a letter in the mail? During the interview, it sounded kind of like they were going to mail something so I wasn't sure to neurotically check my mail or my email! Congratulations by the way!
Yes received an acceptance email!

Yes received an acceptance email!

Oh, okay! Thank you! I actually just got an email I was waitlisted after an interview so I guess I should have waited a little longer to see what happened haha. Congrats again!

ETA: For any current students that may be reading this thread, does anyone have any insights into the waitlist? Is it a soft R, should I not expect to hear anything until May, or how exactly does it work? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I applied here a while ago and got an email saying they were going to review my primary to determine if they should send me a secondary. I didn’t see in the thread if this is normal. I’m interested in Touro Mid. Would be nice to go there. I’m OOS. I think I saw that hurts my chances. Oh well. Shall see what happens.

Just got waitlisted as well :/ Interviewed 9/14

If anyone has insight regarding how much movement there typically is that would be greatly appreciated!

Oh, okay! Thank you! I actually just got an email I was waitlisted after an interview so I guess I should have waited a little longer to see what happened haha. Congrats again!

ETA: For any current students that may be reading this thread, does anyone have any insights into the waitlist? Is it a soft R, should I not expect to hear anything until May, or how exactly does it work? Thanks in advance!
Honestly, I have no idea, sometimes I check last years thread to get a better idea

Hi! Wondering if anybody can share their interview experience? They say they send out the interview questions the day before the interview? I am scheduled for an interview in two weeks. It is my first interview. Just wondering how I should prepare for that! Thank you!

got a complete yesterday! hoping to hear back soon for a II from this school. definitely my top choice! Good luck everyone and congrats to all those accepted so far :)

Hi! Wondering if anybody can share their interview experience? They say they send out the interview questions the day before the interview? I am scheduled for an interview in two weeks. It is my first interview. Just wondering how I should prepare for that! Thank you!
They send out your interviewers and the time of your interviewer the day before( ie your interviewer reaches out). It’s a traditional 30 minute interview with 2 faculty/professionals of the school. You can prepare with mock interviews. If you’d like, DM me and I’ll be happy to help!

also accepted earlier today! Interviewed 9/23

Reactions: 4 users
They send out your interviewers and the time of your interviewer the day before( ie your interviewer reaches out). It’s a traditional 30 minute interview with 2 faculty/professionals of the school. You can prepare with mock interviews. If you’d like, DM me and I’ll be happy to help!

Congrats on the acceptance. That's awesome!!!!! I hope to get an A soon as well, was your acceptance from Harlem or Middletown? I interviewed at Middletown 9/21 and still haven't heard anything...

Honestly, I have no idea, sometimes I check last years thread to get a better idea
Yeah, that's what I was doing! I just figured not everyone posts on there and updates their people and so on.

Congrats on the acceptance. That's awesome!!!!! I hope to get an A soon as well, was your acceptance from Harlem or Middletown? I interviewed at Middletown 9/21 and still haven't heard anything...
Harlem!

same here and nothing yet it seems for any of us!

DMing you!

same here and nothing yet it seems for any of us!
Damn, hopefully Tom or Friday. My gf had a dream that I called her on Friday at 4 saying i got accepted so let's see if that proficy comes true it'd be pretty dope. Lmfao

Reactions: 1 users
Hi everyone! To those that got the secondary today, when did you submit your primary? I submitted mine on 8/14 and still didn't get a secondary. Do you think they're sending out secondaries in the order they received their primaries?
hey you have to meet their minimum mcat 498 to receive a secondary. I received an email like a few weeks ago that they couldn't consider me because I had a 495 mcat :(

Anyone else interview 9/30 hoping to her back this week? people seem to getting decisions 2-3 weeks after interview right now

Just received an II, super excited! Anyone know how the interview is and would like to share their experience, I would greatly appreciate it!

Just received an II, super excited! Anyone know how the interview is and would like to share their experience, I would greatly appreciate it!
Congrats on the II. For me, it was a relatively chill interview with a traditional 20-25 minute open file interview with 2 faculty members at the same time. Then they have talks about the curriculum, the importance of OMM, and a mini talk with a medical student who answered our questions and had nothing but good things to say about the program itself. Definitely, nothing to worry about :)