2021-2022 Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine (Harlem Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interviewed April 4 and waitlisted today!

Members don't see this ad.

I’m just guessing here, but I think they’re gonna send out acceptances really soon. Seems like their pattern is to send out a few waitlist emails, then some acceptance emails...feels like a sign that some space is freeing up. I could be wrong!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I’m just guessing here, but I think they’re gonna send out acceptances really soon. Seems like their pattern is to send out a few waitlist emails, then some acceptance emails...feels like a sign that some space is freeing up. I could be wrong!
Don't play with my emotions. lol. Sending positive thoughts to all who are on the WL or hearing back from the interview.

Reactions: 2 users
Realized this was never posted in here. This is the accepted students page for class of 2026 for FB. Usually announcement from SGA as well as any student organizations goes up here. In the FB page, there is also a link to the GroupMe for the class of 2026. General questions can be asked there for a quicker response. There is also a google spreadsheet for anyone who is looking for roommates / housing on FB. Currently there seems to be about 78 in the page (but about 13 of us are 1st years (SGA and random OMS-1 like me lol)) but only 42 in the group me. Not sure what the actual number is, but taken at face value from the FB page, thats 65 student and then add in ~35 former masters (they’re waiting for their acceptance which should come in 2 weeks), thats about 100 seats. Class size is 135, so for the ppl in the WL, don’t give up hope. Again not concrete numbers as I really have no way of knowing.

TouroCOM Harlem 2026 | Facebook

For anyone that was accepted to the master’s course, there’s also a FB group. Search up “TouroCOM Harlem Masters 2023”.

Edited: Forgot to say, both pages are run by students (specifically SGA), so no admin sees it.

Last edited:
  • Love
Realized this was never posted in here. This is the accepted students page for class of 2026 for FB. Usually announcement from SGA as well as any student organizations goes up here. In the FB page, there is also a link to the GroupMe for the class of 2026. General questions can be asked there for a quicker response. There is also a google spreadsheet for anyone who is looking for roommates / housing on FB. Currently there seems to be about 78 in the page (but about 13 of us are 1st years (SGA and random OMS-1 like me lol)) but only 42 in the group me. Not sure what the actual number is, but taken at face value from the FB page, thats 65 student and then add in ~35 former masters (they’re waiting for their acceptance which should come in 2 weeks), thats about 100 seats. Class size is 135, so for the ppl in the WL, don’t give up hope. Again not concrete numbers as I really have no way of knowing.

TouroCOM Harlem 2026 | Facebook

For anyone that was accepted to the master’s course, there’s also a FB group. Search up “TouroCOM Harlem Masters 2023”.

Edited: Forgot to say, both pages are run by students (specifically SGA), so no admin sees it.
Thank you for your encouraging words.

Reactions: 1 user
interviewed 3/30, waitlisted 4/28, and accepted today 5/3! Giving up my seat for someone else as Im committing elsewhere. Best of luck to everyone! You’re all going to be great doctors one day :)

Reactions: 12 users
So I reached out to Steven Toplan to see where we should send letters of intent and he wrote me back saying:

"Please wait for mid-late May to start sending expressions of continued interest. But when you do, the email should be 1 sentence only: I am still interested. Other than that, we will not read or consider any additional addendums."
Interesting...I just called the admission office today and talked with Mr. Toplan. He also said the same thing—literally just one sentence. I also asked if I could include an update of what I've done since the application (got a paper published) but was told just a sentence of "I am still interested." He didn't say anything about sending it in mid-May, though.

I want to send an LOI asap but am stuck between sending my original (long 1 page with update) vs. doing what he suggested. I realize it might not increase my chances, but still. The anxiety!

Interesting...I just called the admission office today and talked with Mr. Toplan. He also said the same thing—literally just one sentence. I also asked if I could include an update of what I've done since the application (got a paper published) but was told just a sentence of "I am still interested." He didn't say anything about sending it in mid-May, though.

I want to send an LOI asap but am stuck between sending my original (long 1 page with update) vs. doing what he suggested. I realize it might not increase my chances, but still. The anxiety!
I never saw anywhere where they said to only send one sentence

Sooo what's the consensus? Are we sending one page letters or one sentence emails LOL

Sooo what's the consensus? Are we sending one page letters or one sentence emails LOL

While I agree with everyone the waitlist email had different instructions/timeline (normal LOI accepted anytime after May 1st), if I was one of you who called and spoke to him directly and was told to write the one sentence email - I would definitely listen to him. Otherwise he’s going to feel like you wasted his time and can’t follow instructions. Don’t ask for help/guidance if you’re not going to take it type thing. Especially from the director of admissions themselves

Reactions: 4 users
Hopefully we see more acceptances soon! The wait is killing me 🥺

Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got off the waitlist!!! Sent a LOI 3 days ago..don't know if that made a difference

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
I love this school so much and I’m sad to say I will be giving up my A - waitlist movement coming!

Reactions: 7 users
I got accepted y’all!!!!!!!!! I am beyond grateful 🥲 🥲 I will be attending in the fall, I hope to see you all there!!! 🎉

Reactions: 8 users
Hi everyone, I got accepted off the waitlist last Friday! It feels pretty surreal! I also wrote a letter of intent describing my interest in OMM and why I wanted to attend their school specifically!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Hello everybody. Just wanted to give a update. Masters have begun recieving their acceptance today, so the WL should start moving more to round out the new class

withdrew my seat, good luck to you all!

When is the MS online application due? I am getting two conflicting dates. One is for May 15 and another page says June 1st.

I believe it should be 5/15 because the deadline for secondaries are earlier for harlem (so the primary app should also be the earlier date).

Thank you for your response, but both pages illustrated that the secondary(supporting materials) are to be submitted on June 15th.
Yea Harlem is June 15 and MT is June 30. So I was assuming that Harlem has a earlier date for the primary (may 15) and June 1st is MT. I assume it was just a typo. However email admissions to get exact info

I'm giving up my seat here, it was such a difficult decision, I visited and everything! But I myself got off the waitlist at a school closer to home. Hoping one of y'all gets my seat. Good luck everyone! This was my second cycle btw.

I just withdrew my acceptance here via email and will confirm tomorrow over the phone. I got accepted off the waitlist for another school. This was where I was going to go prior to that movement. I'm excited for it to go to one of you guys!

Reactions: 2 users
I'm giving up my seat here, it was such a difficult decision, I visited and everything! But I myself got off the waitlist at a school closer to home. Hoping one of y'all gets my seat. Good luck everyone! This was my second cycle btw.

thanks for my seat!

• Haha
Does anyone know what the immunization requirements are by any chance?

Edit: Is it just a vaccination and titer for MMR that's needed?

Last edited:
Just got an email about the pathologists' assistant program. Should I be concerned?

Just got an email about the pathologists' assistant program. Should I be concerned?
I just got one too and I’m on the waitlist. I also sent them an update. Anyone know what this means? 😅

I just got one too and I’m on the waitlist. I also sent them an update. Anyone know what this means? 😅
+1 for the pathologist's assistant email. I got an email a few minutes later asking to reaffirm my interest in the waitlist as well.

+1 for the pathologist's assistant email. I got an email a few minutes later asking to reaffirm my interest in the waitlist as well.
I see! Have you sent any updates before the email? I didn’t get the waitlist email but I did send them an update last week saying that I’m still interested.

I see! Have you sent any updates before the email? I didn’t get the waitlist email but I did send them an update last week saying that I’m still interested.
I had not sent any update letters or letters of interest/intent. I was only interviewed/waitlisted as of late March and mid April respectively though.

I sent a LOI May 11 at 5:40 and got an email back saying "Thanks!" at 5:48 that same day. Interviewed March 28th and waitlisted April 28th. Hoping to see more movement soon!!