2021-2022 Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine (Harlem Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have a question for those of you who interviewed already: how nerve wracking on a scale of 1-10 was the good cop bad cop style? I'm semi freaking out because I don't really know what to expect. I know potential shots could be taken at my GPA and/or MCAT but I'm just so nervous lol

Members don't see this ad.

I have a question for those of you who interviewed already: how nerve wracking on a scale of 1-10 was the good cop bad cop style? I'm semi freaking out because I don't really know what to expect. I know potential shots could be taken at my GPA and/or MCAT but I'm just so nervous lol
Both of my interviewers were super chill. They were equally nice to me and were very interested in getting to know about why i wanted to pursue medicine. They also asked a few direct questions about my research since I've done quite a bit.

Reactions: 1 user
off the waitlist :) feels unreal. If anyone is looking for a female roommate who is down to get a place in lower Manhattan please feel free to DM! Or if anyone knows of any resources to find a roommate lmk!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OMG CONGRATS!! Do you know when you were placed on the waitlist?

Sincerely,
a hopeful waitlisted candidate

Reactions: 2 users
To any current students (this may have been addressed earlier in the thread, so i'm sorry for the repeat question): are classes mandatory to attend in person? also how do you like the flipped curriculum and a non-systems based format? I am trying to narrow down my choices for schools and am having trouble doing so. Thank you in advance!

placed on waitlist 3/1/22 :)
Also is there anything you may have done to get off the waitlist in terms of showing interest without sending a letter of intent? Really would love to get off the waitlist here 🥲

Reactions: 3 users
@Loading_Doctor Congratulations!! I would say know your application pretty well. It's open file at least from my experience in November 2021. And then prepare for the obvious/typical interview questions that you can find online. When did you schedule it for? I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!!

@Loading_Doctor Congratulations!! I would say know your application pretty well. It's open file at least from my experience in November 2021. And then prepare for the obvious/typical interview questions that you can find online. When did you schedule it for? I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!!
Thank you so much! My interview is scheduled for the end of March! After two previous unsuccessful cycles, I really hope I'm able to secure the acceptance here!

did anyone in feb get an acceptance lol
it seems theres only been waitlists but they're still sending out II? Hoping to off the waitlist soon fingers crossed...
Still on the waitlist too, trying to stay hopeful!

Hey guys really looking for help! I was accepted and stated my response if due by March 21, which is fine. But it says those sent without a deposit is non-binding. I dont have 2k just laying around. Does anyone know when they are due or what non-binding means?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys really looking for help! I was accepted and stated my response if due by March 21, which is fine. But it says those sent without a deposit is non-binding. I dont have 2k just laying around. Does anyone know when they are due or what non-binding means?
It means that they will hold your acceptance up until the deposit deadline. If you have not paid the deposit by the deadline, then they can take away your acceptance/seat for the incoming class. It's just the way the game goes for acceptances.

Most schools are strict on their deadline for a deposit, but I would maybe contact them to see if there is any payment plans that you can be on for the deposit.

non binding means that if you get into another school later you can still accept at the other institution. Essentially the deposit is just a way for them to hold your seat, it is non refundable but if you end up choosing Touro then that deposit will get put to your tuition

Congratulations on your acceptance! When did you have your interview?

When are the background checks and all the matriculation stuff due by?

off the waitlist :) feels unreal. If anyone is looking for a female roommate who is down to get a place in lower Manhattan please feel free to DM! Or if anyone knows of any resources to find a roommate lmk!
Thank you so much! My interview is scheduled for the end of March! After two previous unsuccessful cycles, I really hope I'm able to secure the acceptance here!
You’ve got this!

• Care
Adcom or SGA sent out FB links to admitted students. That will be the main form of communication and they will be sending housing info within the coming months.

To any current students (this may have been addressed earlier in the thread, so i'm sorry for the repeat question): are classes mandatory to attend in person? also how do you like the flipped curriculum and a non-systems based format? I am trying to narrow down my choices for schools and am having trouble doing so. Thank you in advance!
So I would go ahead and read the detailed accounts from myself and my classmate from a few pages back. Second year is systems based and I like it a lot better than first year tbh. The exam schedule is a little chaotic first year, but, that being said, my friends at systems based schools had a harder time "recovering" if they did poorly on one block, whereas the separate topics have like 3-4 exams to give you some room for a save if you really do poorly on one exam. Whether or not classes are mandatory is class-dependent and also dependent on any permanent changes they make after the last 2.5 years of COVID-related changes. In order to get credit for "clickers" you either need to be in class for in-person clickers, or you need to complete the canvas quiz equivalent. TBD what approach will be taken for next year.

Hey Guys, just recently interviewed a couple days ago, was super stoked and felt like the interview went well. How long before we typically hear from them? I know they said 4 to 6 weeks but I'm seeing mixed answers some people heard back a week later others a month later.

Hey Guys, just recently interviewed a couple days ago, was super stoked and felt like the interview went well. How long before we typically hear from them? I know they said 4 to 6 weeks but I'm seeing mixed answers some people heard back a week later others a month later.

I heard 3 and a half weeks later, although I interviewed in October

I interviewed March 2nd, no response yet!

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone submit their secondary today? Is TouroCOM NY still sending out Interviews? Anyone know the class sizes of Harlem and Middletown campuses respectively? Are they almost full now? :O

Anyone submit their secondary today? Is TouroCOM NY still sending out Interviews? Anyone know the class sizes of Harlem and Middletown campuses respectively? Are they almost full now? :O
Screen Shot 2022-03-15 at 1.24.56 PM.png

I am not sure if they are still accepting. Please correct me if I am wrong. I am not sure if application deadline is referring to the AACOMAS app or in general they will stop looking at both primaries and secondaries after that date.

In regards to class sizes both are about 135 students each.

I submitted today - today was the final day to submit the secondary. I have been offered an interview for next week!

I submitted today - today was the final day to submit the secondary. I have been offered an interview for next week!
Yeah I submitted yesterday too, I haven't heard back yet. How did they contact you to offer the interview, via email or did they call you?

View attachment 351832

I am not sure if they are still accepting. Please correct me if I am wrong. I am not sure if application deadline is referring to the AACOMAS app or in general they will stop looking at both primaries and secondaries after that date.

In regards to class sizes both are about 135 students each.
Thank you! I wasn't sure about their class sizes. Which campus were you admitted to?

Hey folks,

Any current students (or those who know current students), what is your overall experience with the program? I find their recent match lists pretty solid, but most of the threads on SDN were from several years back, so I assume there have been some changes or improvements since then :)

Is there a second look and when will it be?

Just got accepted today, feels surreal. To finally get validation for the last half decade of grinding... Interviewed 2/03, waitlisted 2/23.

Reactions: 6 users
Congratulations!!!
Just got accepted today, feels surreal. To finally get validation for the last half decade of grinding... Interviewed 2/03, waitlisted 2/23.
Hoping to follow in your footsteps!!

Hi all, I was placed on the waitlist 2 days ago, post II. Does anyone know if they're extending offers of acceptance at this point? Or are they just waitlisting people until there's some movement?

Hey guys. Has anyone sent a letter of intent/update if they didn't hear back after secondary?

Hi all, I was placed on the waitlist 2 days ago, post II. Does anyone know if they're extending offers of acceptance at this point? Or are they just waitlisting people until there's some movement?
Hi I interviewed 03/21. And they told us that all of their seats are spoken for as of now, so everyone that’s accepted is accepted to the waitlist. But they also said there has been some movement going on.

When i accepted my offer i paid the full 3k and submitted the acceptance form.
However this is non binding correct? We can still withdraw up until the first day of classes and when we do withdraw, only 1k will be returned (as long as it is before the first day).

Is my understanding correct?
I believe this is true. Although technically you could withdraw whenever you want haha

Hi I interviewed 03/21. And they told us that all of their seats are spoken for as of now, so everyone that’s accepted is accepted to the waitlist. But they also said there has been some movement going on.
Thank you! I wish they would've told me this during my interview, so it's good to know where I stand.

Anyone else interview early March and slowly losing hope?

Anyone else interview early March and slowly losing hope?
Just got placed on Waitlist!! Interviewed 3/09! Crazy how I posted that just this morning.

• Love
Admissions said that they don’t consider letters of intent right now. Does anyone know why that is?

Admissions said that they don’t consider letters of intent right now. Does anyone know why that is?
From my understanding they said to wait until they finished interviews. So around April.

If there are any current students lurking: where do most students live? I would assume most students would opt to live in Harlem, but I feel like its cheaper to live in Brooklyn/Queens/Bronx...

Also, do students usually have to move for their 3rd and 4th year rotations?