2020-2021 University of North Texas Health Science Center/Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNTHSC/TCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
so still nothing ??

Members don't see this ad.

so still nothing ??
I haven’t heard anything. I checked last years thread and this past week was when they sent out deferred acceptances. Hopefully they send out some this week 🤞 🤞

Reactions: 1 user
Just got accepted off the waitlist! I will be declining, just wanted to let you all know that movement is still happening!!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I just got a call from Dr. Kennedy! I got in off the waitlist! Thank you to whoever made this happen, I am truly amazed and overwhelmed right now.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Mind sharing your stats?
Sure! GPA: 3.65, Science GPA: 3.43, MCAT: 510. And in case this had any impact at all, I sent a LOI and additional LOR in March after being waitlisted. Happy to answer any other questions!

Just got accepted off the waitlist (in-state), don't give up hope!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Has anyone heard anything about deferred acceptances?

• Sad
Has anyone heard anything about deferred acceptances?
TCOM has at times offered "deferred acceptances", meaning they offer someone a true acceptance to their school, but to begin a year in the future.

I don't recall seeing any for the 2020-2021 application cycle.

I just received a deferred acceptance email! I won’t be accepting but just letting you all know who may be waiting to hear back 🙂

Reactions: 2 users
I got the deferred acceptance email too! I literally cried. TCOM was the only school I applied to😭
Recent Med Sci doing the optional 2nd-year track.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I got the deferred acceptance email too! I literally cried. TCOM was the only school I applied to😭
Congratulations!! I also just finished MedSci and really hoping for the same email! Do you mind sharing your stats? Also, did your portal status change?

I am also a recent MedSci and got the deferred acceptance email, congrats!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Recent MedSci and I got the deferred acceptance! Super excited!!

• Love
do y’all know how many deferred acceptances they usually offer or is just like a random number per year ?

Thank you so much! I don't mind at all!

undergrad cGPA: 3.7
undergrad sGPA: 3.6
med sci GPA: 4.0
MCAT: 510, 509 (retook bc 124 CARS)
I cried after my interview bc it did not go as well as I thought it would go...😢

Portal status has not changed yet. I asked Dr. Kennedy today during the phone call and he said it will change when an official offer is made via email.

Hang in there! Stats are not everything; I'm wishing you all the best! You got it!
I'm so happy for you, especially with the unusual year we had last year with COVID!!
I really appreciate the encouragement from you, a former MedSci! Definitely my favorite part of last year!!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
deferred acceptance ppl: do yall want to be in a groupme?

edit: dm me for the groupme link!

Last edited:
Got the kiss of death today - for everyone else who did too we got this! It's all worth it in the end

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
I got deferred acceptance last week as well! Super excited and so grateful! (MedSci that graduated in 2020. 3.6 GPA undergrad, 4.0 Medsci, 514 MCAT.)

Reactions: 3 users