2020-2021 University of North Texas Health Science Center/Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNTHSC/TCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! Does anyone know if I can still snag an interview for Feb? Got an A already somewhere else but I'm definitely still holding onto hope for TX schools😂😅

Reactions: 1 user
I know that IS people will not hear anything until match day, but does this apply for OOS people? Is it just rolling admissions, and we will hear if/when new seats become available. Is this correct?

Just checked my portal to see that I'm waitlisted :(. Must've just changed this morning. Haven't gotten any emails or anything yet. Anyone know what waitlist movement is like at TCOM, particularly for OOS? Feeling anxious.

Just checked my portal to see that I'm waitlisted :(. Must've just changed this morning. Haven't gotten any emails or anything yet. Anyone know what waitlist movement is like at TCOM, particularly for OOS? Feeling anxious.
They have probably waitlisted everyone who interviewed but did not get a pre-match offer.
There will be some WL action later (late March to May) for both IS and OOS applicants, with OOS enrollment still limited to 10% of the class.

I didn't get a prematch and mine doesn't say I am waitlisted. It says "Review in progress". Where do you see it says waitlisted?

I didn't get a prematch and mine doesn't say I am waitlisted. It says "Review in progress". Where do you see it says waitlisted?
In that same place where it used to say "Review in progress." Also just got an email. I'm OOS not sure if that makes a difference here.

In that same place where it used to say "Review in progress." Also just got an email. I'm OOS not sure if that makes a difference here.
Oh okay, thanks for responding. And maybe its because I'm IS. Best of luck for you to get off the waitlist!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey future TCOM students! First year TCOM student here. Wishing you all the best during these stressful times. Keep your heads up regardless of acceptance, waitlist, etc. You are all amazing and have worked so so hard. I have the weekend mostly free (first time in a while) and figured I would field any TCOM or pre-med questions you may have, try and lift or ease the spirits. Feel free to PM me on here or just reply to this message on the thread! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
So it's well into Feb and my portal still says that my app is still in review. Safe to say that I should move on from them?

So it's well into Feb and my portal still says that my app is still in review. Safe to say that I should move on from them?
Interviews are pretty much done for TMDSAS at this point :/

Reactions: 2 users
When your stomach turns because you get an email notification from TCOM but it’s just a newsletter lol

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys quick question I cannot get on the TCOM portal is everyone having that issue?

Hey guys quick question I cannot get on the TCOM portal is everyone having that issue?

I am having the same issue and cannot log in to the portal still. Did you ever get in?

My portal still isn't working either :/

The UNTHSC network has been down due to the weather and power outages across Texas. We are slowly seeing sites come back online. The applicant portal should be live again soon.

Is it worth it send a letter of Intent before match day, or should we wait until we know if we've been waitlisted?

So I'm assuming if you don't hear back from any Texas schools at this point, you gonna get that R lol

If I accepted a pre-match offer but did not rank that school #1, will accepting it impact my chances of matching to my #1 school?

If I accepted a pre-match offer but did not rank that school #1, will accepting it impact my chances of matching to my #1 school?
No, you can still match to any school you ranked above it

I withdrew my pre-match acceptance here yesterday so I hope a spot goes to one of y'all. Good luck!

No, you can still match to any school you ranked above it
Thank you! It was too late anyway, but you put my anxiety at ease lol. Do you know when schools typically inform students they have been waitlisted post match?

Is there anything we need to do if we pre-matched to TCOM and accepted a seat, but matched elsewhere today? My hsc portal still shows that I have accepted a seat

Matched at TCOM! In complete shock rn bc they were my only interview (not to mention on the last day). For those who didn’t match, be kind to yourself today! You are worth so much more than how a school decides to rank you. Much love

Reactions: 6 users
Matched at TCOM! In complete shock rn bc they were my only interview (not to mention on the last day). For those who didn’t match, be kind to yourself today! You are worth so much more than how a school decides to rank you. Much love
Congrats!! Welcome to the class of 2025! We have a Facebook group going already if you’d like to join.

matched here as well from the last interview day! super surprised because mmi was not my best performance

Is there anyone in the current MedSci class that matched/no match? I am only curious because I have heard that they specifically save seats in TCOM for Medsci, and maybe they are waiting for our final transcripts to decide?

Is there anyone in the current MedSci class that matched/no match? I am only curious because I have heard that they specifically save seats in TCOM for Medsci, and maybe they are waiting for our final transcripts to decide?
Current MedSci, didn't match, hoping you're right about this

• Care
I’m a former med sci and also didn’t match. I’m really not sure how they look at med scis anymore.

• Care
I'm current MedSci and did match

So when I see TCOM admission statistics, I see that 460 are accepted and 230 admitted. Does this mean that by match day, TCOM sent 400 acceptances already and add on from waitlist? Can someone explain how the accepted/admitted numbers work with waitlist?
Those are numbers compiled at the end of the season, after school starts, when all is "said and done".
Each school does not have to tell us their internal process or method to arrive at those numbers.

Hey future TCOM students! First year TCOM student here. Wishing you all the best during these stressful times. Keep your heads up regardless of acceptance, waitlist, etc. You are all amazing and have worked so so hard. I have the weekend mostly free (first time in a while) and figured I would field any TCOM or pre-med questions you may have, try and lift or ease the spirits. Feel free to PM me on here or just reply to this message on the thread! :)
Any tips for navigating first year during a pandemic? Med school is already tough as it is so I'm a bit nervous about starting in a few months...

Update: Just got an acceptance email! Current medsci who initially didn't match Friday. Heads up and stay strong, my friends ❤️

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Just accepted! So excited because TCOM was my first choice!

Accepted this morning as well! Was very confused after not matching on Friday, I guess there was movement over the weekend already