2021-2022 Duke-NUS Graduate Medical School Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Midichlorian

Reaction score
All the best for everyone applying this cycle!

Really hope we can all do well and become schoolmates next year!

Let's do this!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know when is the best time to submit the application? It is like US med school that early submission gives you better chance?

Does anyone know when is the best time to submit the application? It is like US med school that early submission gives you better chance?
I guess it gives you better chance to receive the offer early if u submit a very strong application.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi there, is there any current Duke-NUS student who did undergrad in the US? I'm an international student from the states. Would love to hear your experience on relocating to SG and adjusting to SG education/healthcare system! Please feel free to DM me.

I'm wondering about this too! I asked a friend who got in back in 2019 (though she ended up attending a med school in the US), and she told me that she submitted her application a few days before the early admission deadline. It sounds like the timeline is more relaxed than US med school secondary applications, but personally I plan to submit in a few days just to be safe.

Hey guys! I've applied for early acceptance. I've noticed a couple of bugs on their new application system. Do double check your submitted application and ensure you let the admissions team know in advance. Best of luck!

Hello, current med student at Duke-NUS here. Our school is hosting an online seminar for MCAT and GAMSAT. If you are interested in our school or are currently planning to take the exam, please sign up in here so that you can show your passion and get some advice!

Hello everyone, I've submitted my application to the portal back in end July! Hoping to get an invite to the Applicant day soon:)

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone have any idea when will the first batch of interview invites be sent out?
I think from last year's forum, the invite for a Sept 14 interview was sent out on Sept 7.
Should be 1-2 weeks before actual interview?
Not very sure hahaha, sorry!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations! May I know when did you apply and what’s your stats?
Thank you so much!
I finished submitting everything on Aug 29.
Sure!
International student in Singapore, 4.63/5 GPA, 516 MCAT, non-clinical volunteering experience, 3 out of 4 years of research in undergraduate.
All the best for you too!

Thank you so much!
I finished submitting everything on Aug 29.
Sure!
International student in Singapore, 4.63/5 GPA, 516 MCAT, non-clinical volunteering experience, 3 out of 4 years of research in undergraduate.
All the best for you too!
Amazing! May I check if your status was ‘submitted’ or ‘complete’? I’m a tech dinosaur and just wanted to make sure my application actually went through. It’s still ‘submitted’ but all my documents have been received

Amazing! May I check if your status was ‘submitted’ or ‘complete’? I’m a tech dinosaur and just wanted to make sure my application actually went through. It’s still ‘submitted’ but all my documents have been received
Mine still indicates as "submitted" HAHA

Yes!
The status is "Submittied".
ATB!

How's everyone's applicant day?
Hope we all did our best and did well.
Really glad to have met everyone today.
Hope to see you all in school :)

How's everyone's applicant day?
Hope we all did our best and did well.
Really glad to have met everyone today.
Hope to see you all in school :)
I took mine today as well. Hopefully all is good! I was sooo nervous.

It was alright, the interviews were pretty chill HAHAHA but I'm not too sure whether I presented myself well enough

Hello, have yet to submit my application. Just wondering how many applicants were there for recent Applicants Day or if anyone knows what’s the average they pick per session. Thanks!

Hello, have yet to submit my application. Just wondering how many applicants were there for recent Applicants Day or if anyone knows what’s the average they pick per session. Thanks!
Hello there.
Sept 13 Applicant Day had 23 applicants.
During a Zoom QnA session, the admission officer explained that they usually pick about half of the applicants to interview. Then they would admit about 1/3 of all the interviewees.
ATB for your application!

How did it go! Any tips? I just got an invite for the next applicant day!
Hello there.
Sept 13 Applicant Day had 23 applicants.
During a Zoom QnA session, the admission officer explained that they usually pick about half of the applicants to interview. Then they would admit about 1/3 of all the interviewees.
ATB for your application!

How did it go! Any tips? I just got an invite for the next applicant day!
Congrats on the invite!
It was only ok I feel. Maybe could have answered some interview questions better.
Don't worry about the TeamLEAD as it was not graded at all, just enjoy and participate.
Actual interviews were chill. It is very normal to feel nervous I guess, but the welcome talk and TeamLEAD were very capable of calming you down, don't worry.
Maybe try to calm down and compose yourself after any segment of event to make sure you are at your best for the next one!
ATB!

Could I please ask if anyone attended the Sept 13 Applicant Day saw a change on the portal from "Submitted" to anything else?
Thanks!

Does anyone knows if all the invitations for the next applicant day have been sent out already? :(

Hi just wondering if anyone has issues with applying for financial aid? Received an email for application which only links me to the login page and I do not see any option for applying for financial aid.

Hi just wondering if anyone has issues with applying for financial aid? Received an email for application which only links me to the login page and I do not see any option for applying for financial aid.
I think it requires you to submit an application either for merit scholarship only or merit scholarship and bursary.

Anyone here is self-financing? Just wondering! Could you PM me if that's okay? :)

I think it requires you to submit an application either for merit scholarship only or merit scholarship and bursary.
Yup just that I don't see any option to submit an application for financial aid. Is it supposed to be under the dropdown for "new application"?

Yup just that I don't see any option to submit an application for financial aid. Is it supposed to be under the dropdown for "new application"?
When I filled mine up, I clicked the drop down menu under "start new application"! Not too sure why yours can't show but you can email the admissions side to ask for help --> They're very friendly

Don't worry about the "submitted"status in the portal even after Applicant Day!
I have just checked with the officers during the Financial Aid QnA and they said that, unlike previous portals, the current portal would not show any change in status until there is an application decision. i.e. it would remain "submitted"!
ATB for the coming Applicant Day applicants!

Don't worry about the "submitted"status in the portal even after Applicant Day!
I have just checked with the officers during the Financial Aid QnA and they said that, unlike previous portals, the current portal would not show any change in status until there is an application decision. i.e. it would remain "submitted"!
ATB for the coming Applicant Day applicants!
NICE! Feeling abit worried as the Oct applicant day is coming up but there has been no change to ours HAHA

Does anyone know roughly when in November would the earliest offers be released?

Just in case anyone has the same issue, apparently the application is only open after Applicant Day although the email invite for Financial Aid application was sent much earlier. After clicking the link and logging in, you would be able to see the application for Financial Aid.

NICE! Feeling abit worried as the Oct applicant day is coming up but there has been no change to ours HAHA

Does anyone know roughly when in November would the earliest offers be released?
From past records apparently around 5-6 Nov will be the earliest