2022-2023 Duke-NUS Graduate Medical School Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

reposff

Reaction score
All the best to everyone applying for this cycle!
Hope that MCAT/GAMSAT prep is going well for those who will be testing in the coming months :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, ill be giving my gamsat this September. So, ill be applying in November after I get my results which is quite late. Would I be severely disadvantaged because of this?

Hi, ill be giving my gamsat this September. So, ill be applying in November after I get my results which is quite late. Would I be severely disadvantaged because of this?
Nah, anecdotally they do give quite a lot of their acceptances towards Feb-May, and still do consider later applications. The early application deadline advantages exceptionally strong students, but being later (even interviewed in March, for example) is not a huge disadvantage.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone. I am planning to apply in the next year's cycle. Could anyone share info about local shadowing programme? I saw NUHS and SKH provide such opportunities. Are they difficult to get into? Thanks a lot!

Hi everyone. I am planning to apply in the next year's cycle. Could anyone share info about local shadowing programme? I saw NUHS and SKH provide such opportunities. Are they difficult to get into? Thanks a lot!
It’s highly competitive for JC students to experience shadowing in a healthcare environment. The ones being accepted are usually from HCI/RI/VJC and I’ve never heard of post uni students getting it.

Anyone got an invitation/attending Nov 3rd applicant day?

Hello, me! Got my invitation last week.
Hello! Can I clarify if you mean you were interviewed last week (for the Sept 12 AD), or you received the invite for the Oct 10 AD last week? In Duke-NUS' most recent Q&A session, and also on the website, they said that invites are given 1-2 weeks prior. So, it's a bit confusing if there are some who get it around a month prior

Hello! Can I clarify if you mean you were interviewed last week (for the Sept 12 AD), or you received the invite for the Oct 10 AD last week? In Duke-NUS' most recent Q&A session, and also on the website, they said that invites are given 1-2 weeks prior. So, it's a bit confusing if there are some who get it around a month prior
I received the invite last week, and my AD will be on 10 Oct!

Hmm I'm not too sure, but what I remember was that invites are given at least 1 week prior? So it's still possible to receive the invite earlier than that.

For those who got AD invites, what were your stats like?
my DMs are open if you dont feel comfy sharing it here!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Just recieve the schedule of the applicant day. Do they remove the TeamLead session?

I think they did, welp

Though I did send an email asking about it anyway so we'll see
It will be soooo disappointing if they remove the teamlead section as this is the section that I look most forward to participate in...

Ok, so its official. They have scrapped TeamLead on Applicant day starting this year...

• Sad
Can anyone shed some light on what the format of the Applicant Day is? What exactly is the written exercise?

The Applicant Day consists of some talks about the school followed by two interviews. Just prep for the standard med school questions and be aware about what you had written in your application.

The written exercise is a situational judgement test (MCQ format, mostly asks about ethical dilemmas).

Reactions: 1 users
those going for the 7th nov AD, when did y’all submit your app?
Anyone received AD for 21 yet?

Hi all! Posting here again as an update. Just received my invite for 21st Nov! Hope to see yall there!

Also, if it helps anyone get a better assessment of their situation, some additional details:

Application submitted : 28/09/2022
MCAT : 520
(Feel free to DM me for any additional info / questions)

Hi all! :)
Just wondering, did anyone in the sept/Oct AD get their offer yet?

I attended the first applicant day on Sept 12 but yet to hear back. Anyone else?

Offers arent out so early, they said mid nov onwards, which can be later than that

Got the offer at 6.05pm today!! Attended the AD on Sept 12. All the best to everyone else who is waiting

Reactions: 8 users
Hi, anyone received invitation to AD on 21th Nov or 12th Dec?

Hi, anyone received invitation to the 12th Dec AD???

Hi, anyone received invitation to the 12th Dec AD???
I received and accepted the invitation for 12th Dec. Still waiting for further details about the day though.

I received and accepted the invitation for 12th Dec. Still waiting for further details about the day though.
That’s great! Good luck with your upcoming AD

Do you mind sharing when you submitted your application and when you received the invitation??? This will certainly help those who are anxiously waiting for the invitation. 😊

That’s great! Good luck with your upcoming AD

Do you mind sharing when you submitted your application and when you received the invitation??? This will certainly help those who are anxiously waiting for the invitation. 😊

Hi and thanks! I am happy to share but maybe my situation is quite out of the norm.

I submitted my application for the MD-PhD program on 31st Oct. But I actually requested for the 12 Dec AD because I would be in Singapore for my sister's wedding. The other months would be bad because of the expensive flight tickets...

Another user asked me about my stats through PM:
I graduated from an Australian university with GPA ~3.9/4 and 1st class honors. I have worked as a research assistant in the US for about 3 years now. I took the MCAT in July 2022 and have a score of 520.

Happy to answer any more questions you have!

Hi and thanks! I am happy to share but maybe my situation is quite out of the norm.

I submitted my application for the MD-PhD program on 31st Oct. But I actually requested for the 12 Dec AD because I would be in Singapore for my sister's wedding. The other months would be bad because of the expensive flight tickets...

Another user asked me about my stats through PM:
I graduated from an Australian university with GPA ~3.9/4 and 1st class honors. I have worked as a research assistant in the US for about 3 years now. I took the MCAT in July 2022 and have a score of 520.

Happy to answer any more questions you have!
Thank you for sharing! Your GPA and MCAT are both impressive!
It is good the school can accommodate your schedule! This can save time and flight ticket 😝 congratulations to your sister too😊

By the way, have you also applied for US and Australian medical schools?

Thank you for sharing! Your GPA and MCAT are both impressive!
It is good the school can accommodate your schedule! This can save time and flight ticket 😝 congratulations to your sister too😊

By the way, have you also applied for US and Australian medical schools?
I applied to some US medical schools for their MD-PhD programs too. I did not apply to any AUS schools.

I see! Good luck with the AD Tmr!

hey everyone, received my offer on 2 December! received my financial aid information a few days later on 5 December. I attended AD on 10 October :) all the best to everyone!!!

Reactions: 7 users
hey everyone, received my offer on 2 December! received my financial aid information a few days later on 5 December. I attended AD on 10 October :) all the best to everyone!!!
Congrats, darhhles! Would you be ok sharing with us your stats?

Hi Guys! I have a few mcat books I am selling these are second hand material I used for 2017 mcat exams and would love to let them go at a cheaper price. If anyone is interested please dm me for interest and I will be able to share the prices I am letting them go at. Wishing everyone a blessed time with the mcat! :)