2021-2022 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM-Carolinas)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The people that got interviews, around what time did you get the call?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know why all of VCOM's campuses have accreditation with heightened monitoring? That makes me highkey nervous

I was completed on 11/03. How long should I wait to hear back about R or invite to II?

Are there any current students lurking here to give some info about clinical placements? If so, I'm curious how many students get placed at Spartanburg Regional for 3rd year, since it seems to be the closest core site. Also, once placed, do you complete all your core rotations at that one site? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Admissions apparently wants 503+ (500+) and 3.6 sGPA for the best chances to be considered for an interview.

Got an II yesterday! Can't find the Interview Update Form though, can anyone who has already interviewed help me out please? It's not showing up in my secondary portal.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Got an II yesterday! Can't find the Interview Update Form though, can anyone who has already interviewed help me out please? It's not showing up in my secondary portal.

Once they upload the interview tab, it should be on the page. May take a day to update

I was complete a little over a month ago - 504 MCAT, 3.5 GPA, from Appalachia and I have not heard anything yet. I don't even know which campus I was assigned to. I put this as my top choice on the secondary.

I was complete a little over a month ago - 504 MCAT, 3.5 GPA, from Appalachia and I have not heard anything yet. I don't even know which campus I was assigned to. I put this as my top choice on the secondary.
You should definitely reach out to the campus you want to be at the most! Especially bc your stats are what they’re looking for. You can only interview for 1 campus

Also curious about this
I sent them a letter of interest Thursday and they replied pretty nice about it. Updated with what I was doing and how VCOM fits my goals. Waiting on II

I sent them a letter of interest Thursday and they replied pretty nice about it. Updated with what I was doing and how VCOM fits my goals. Waiting on II
Nice! Was it through the portal?

Just curious any recent wave of interview invite? Ugh I am so anxious

Reactions: 2 users
Are the classes P/F?
First year here - most of all the didactic courses are graded on a standard grading scale (A, B+, B, C+, C, etc.). All of the exams are administered in-person on your personal computer and are multiple choice, Step 1/Level 1 board style questions (except OMM and Anatomy practical exams which are taken in the OMM/PPC labs or anatomy lab, respectively).

If I could add any additional advice here it'd be this: do NOTHING academic during your summer break before starting medical school, regardless of the institution you end up. U.S. Medical Education quite literally takes advantage of how driven you *soon to be med students* are and throws an immense amount of information at you. You'll need to have the right mindset going in and the best way to achieve that is to give yourself a break and recognize your accomplishments thus far. Don't try to "get ahead" by studying. It will do nothing for you, promise.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know how long it took VCOM Carolina to process their tuition deposit and related materials?

It only took a couple days but they are on break till the 10th I think.
I sent in my stuff and VCOM should have received it on Wednesday/Thursday. Where did you hear that they were closed until the 10th? My deadline is Jan 6th btw.

I sent in my stuff and VCOM should have received it on Wednesday/Thursday. Where did you hear that they were closed until the 10th? My deadline is Jan 6th btw.
It was on their Instagram story but it’s possible I am incorrect. I would just send a follow up email to verify they received it

Can anyone tell me how long it took to receive the accepted student package after the phone call please?

Can anyone tell me how long it took to receive the accepted student package after the phone call please?
They were having some delays with the shipping of these due to some issues with UPS so it took about 3 weeks for me, however, it may be quicker now if everything with UPS has been resolved :)

They were having some delays with the shipping of these due to some issues with UPS so it took about 3 weeks for me, however, it may be quicker now if everything with UPS has been resolved :)
Thank you so much! I guess the issue hasn’t been resolved. I got the call 2 weeks ago but my UPS package status is still at ‘Label created’😂

Thank you so much! I guess the issue hasn’t been resolved. I got the call 2 weeks ago but my UPS package status is still at ‘Label created’😂
Did y'all get a tracking number? Did that come after the acceptance email?

Did y'all get a tracking number? Did that come after the acceptance email?
No! One of the attachment in the acceptance email actually said USPS so I was really confused. But if you sign up for UPS My Choice on UPS website, it shows you all packages that will be delivered to your address. And it’s free!