2021-2022 Harvard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Financial aid website updated their deadline to 3/14... decisions coming before 3/1?
Is there usually a correlation? I could have sworn I read something about them normally coming out two weeks before the financial aid deadline but now I can't find it

Members don't see this ad.

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 user
Financial aid website updated their deadline to 3/14... decisions coming before 3/1?
Reminds me of the financial aid website deadline updates last year and all the conspiracy theories behind decisions release date XD.

Hang in there guys!! It's almost here!

• Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do you all really wanna know what day it’s gonna come out? Personally, I’d rather just be caught off guard so I’m not waiting and torturing myself about an impending decision like I did with schools that reported beforehand when they were releasing decisions.

Plus I’m sure like me, most of you have already gotten into great schools already. An HMS acceptance would be a cherry on top of a successful cycle but would probably not change too much in terms of your happiness level. For those of you who haven’t been admitted to a school yet, I’m sure good news is in the near future, whether at Harvard or any other school.

• Care
Reactions: 11 users
Fingers crossed for that elusive pre-II A 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users
backy backy back again!!! Hello, I'm an MS2 at HMS rn, happy to field any questions either here or in private chat!

My new reason for choosing HMS: having clinical year be TOTALLY pass/fail is ... life-changing. Could not imagine going through this hellishly hard year and have to worry about sucking up to residents/attendings to get honors. Or to take every free second of my life to study for the shelf. I beg of you—if you have the ability to go to Vandy/Yale/HMS or some other school with pass/fail (NOT pass/fail/high pass/honors/bull****) DO THAT!!!

Y'all are amazing, no matter what happens in the next two weeks, and HMS is truly just another place. Good aspects about being here, bad aspects about being here. There are days I wish I was somewhere else, and there are days I am totally happy here. Enjoy the rest of this crazy application ride!

Reactions: 6 users
backy backy back again!!! Hello, I'm an MS2 at HMS rn, happy to field any questions either here or in private chat!

My new reason for choosing HMS: having clinical year be TOTALLY pass/fail is ... life-changing. Could not imagine going through this hellishly hard year and have to worry about sucking up to residents/attendings to get honors. Or to take every free second of my life to study for the shelf. I beg of you—if you have the ability to go to Vandy/Yale/HMS or some other school with pass/fail (NOT pass/fail/high pass/honors/bull****) DO THAT!!!

Y'all are amazing, no matter what happens in the next two weeks, and HMS is truly just another place. Good aspects about being here, bad aspects about being here. There are days I wish I was somewhere else, and there are days I am totally happy here. Enjoy the rest of this crazy application ride!
Dude … I think this was the nail in the coffin to pick Harvard over my other choices if accepted.

Clinical grading is such a big thing to me.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)

Harvard isn’t the only med school that is true P/F for both preclinical and clinical.

It's possible! In 2020, decisions were released on Feb 28th.
why would you tell me this
I did not subscribe for this content
Panic Button Netflix GIF by NailedIt

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
There’s like 4 schools total that have true P/F clinicals.

And that’s just one of the benefits of going to Harvard.
Harvard, Vandy, Duke and who is the fourth? Yale has high honors rate or are they P/F too?

Harvard, Vandy, Duke and who is the fourth? Yale has high honors rate or are they P/F too?
UCSF… the other poster made it seem like P/F clinicals was not an ultra-rare occurrence.

You are correct Yale is not P/F… but they have an extremely high honors rate.

Last edited:
Yale is as well. Also, I believe UCLA’s new curriculum is true P/F for preclinical and clinical years.

I was just trying to make the point that Harvard isn’t the only place that has true P/F for preclinical and clinical years.

just got an email from them stating I didn’t add an SSN to my portal and that decisions will be released early March, so not today. Ahhhh

Reactions: 6 users
just got an email from them stating I didn’t add an SSN to my portal and that decisions will be released early March, so not today. Ahhhh
+1, although waking up to see an email that started with "Harvard Medical School Admissions" spiked my heartrate by so much

+1, although waking up to see an email that started with "Harvard Medical School Admissions" spiked my heartrate by so much
I literally almost flung my phone LMFAOO. Was adding our SSN an option before??? I feel like it wasn't...

Lowkey I think it’s gonna come out today! Cause the financial aid website says to use your AMCAS email as of March 1,2022 for incoming students. But idk maybe I’m just hella anxious.

• Wow
I literally almost flung my phone LMFAOO. Was adding our SSN an option before??? I feel like it wasn't...
I also don't remember it being there before so I am irrationally hoping that this means we've been accepted and they want to get that info without releasing decisions early

edit: nevermind since the post above me mentioned seeing it earlier.

I also don't remember it being there before so I am irrationally hoping that this means we've been accepted and they want to get that info without releasing decisions early
AHHHH LOL I had the same thought. I guess we'll see soon enough....maybe we'll be classmates???

AHHHH LOL I had the same thought. I guess we'll see soon enough....maybe we'll be classmates???
Hopefully! I will hold on to the illogical hope that they wouldn't have bothered asking if they weren't going to accept us because the email doesn't show up in the communication status tab of the portal so it seems like it was not automated.

• Love
Hopefully! I will hold on to the vain hope that they wouldn't have bothered asking if they weren't going to accept us because the email doesn't show up in the communication status tab of the portal so it seems like it was not automated.
Ahhhhhh I hope so, I was thinking the same. I actually replied to the email to see if it was automated or not and got a very sweet response from the office. Sending good vibes your way <3

• Love
Also, unrelated to what’s going on here but I got a brief question. Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but does anyone know how strict the HST math requirement is? I’ve taken linear algebra and some classes that require linear algebra as a pre-req, but haven’t taken differential equations and was wondering if anyone knows if that’s something that’d kill my application

Also, unrelated to what’s going on here but I got a brief question. Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but does anyone know how strict the HST math requirement is? I’ve taken linear algebra and some classes that require linear algebra as a pre-req, but haven’t taken differential equations and was wondering if anyone knows if that’s something that’d kill my application
They said in my interview day that if you got invited for an interview it meant you met the requirements, so I think you're good if you got the interview

They said in my interview day that if you got invited for an interview it meant you met the requirements, so I think you're good if you got the interview
Well, I’m more of a prospective applicant, which is why i’m not sure if this is the right place to post (my apologies, i’m new here)

They wouldn’t wait to release decisions after the portal is open right?

It does say that you can't access the portal if you have not been admitted so I think its reasonable to assume that they wouldn't open the portal before decisions come out

Well, I’m more of a prospective applicant, which is why i’m not sure if this is the right place to post (my apologies, i’m new here)
All good. I would email HST admissions, I think they will definitely clarify (and have been super friendly throughout the process)

I don't recall putting my SSN in the app portal, so now I'm fully prepared for an R :/

I also suppose I never uploaded a photo or added a phonentic pronunciation of my name on the interview portal. Big oops but I have added them now lol

Reactions: 3 users
I also suppose I never uploaded a photo or added a phonentic pronunciation of my name on the interview portal. Big oops but I have added them now lol
Oops mine were blank as well

Historically I think 9-11. I really wanted my theory to be right yall.

If you click on “interview” and then “additional info” you can check if you have added your SSN.